Yosemite usb port not working

SO_JAY

9 posts in this topic

i installed yosemite on my hp laptop i guess everything is working  but all my usb port is not working 

2 usb 3.0 on the left side and 2 usb 2.0 on the right side non of them is working pls help pls

Am using Clover bootloader

HP PAVILION DV7

INTEL CORE I7 2630QM

8GB RAM

2.0 GHZ

INTEL HD 3000/ATI RADEON HD 7400M only intel HD 3000 working with full HD

PLS HELP PLS

You may need DSDT patching or add-on kext.

Please post:

• zipped copy of complete EFI folder of Clover EFI partition (will contain your patched tables + add-on kexts)
  • saved IOReg output of IORegistryExplorer
  • saved output of SysProfiler

If you're not using any patched tables, press F4 at main Clover menu to extract them and you'll then find the files in Origin folder of EFI ACPI partition.

thanks for replying here is the link to cant upload it here cos it too large 

https://ufile.io/14729

You missed the ACPI tables so please extract them and post them.

Your kexts 10.10 folder is a little messed up:

1. your VoodooPS2Controller kext has PlugIns VoodooPS2Keyboard+VoodooPS2Mouse+VoodooPS2Trackpad all v1.8.15; yet you have separate VoodooPS2Keyboard+VoodooPS2Mouse+VoodooPS2Trackpad v1.1.0 or v1.2.0. The latter kexts are therefore useless and you must choose the ones you want/need. Only the higher versions found inside VoodooPS2Controller will be injected.
  2. what's that Disabler kext? What does it do? Do you need it?
  3. do you need the AHCIPort injector kext? Same for the AHCIBlockStorage (though this one can fix issues with CD/DVD).
  4. you have USB_Series8_injector + USB_Series9_injector kexts? I don't think you should have both and I think you'd probably need q DSDT patch for any of those kexts to work.
  5. you've installed GenericUSBXHCI kext v1.2.7. Do you have USB3.0 ports?

My advices are as follows:

1. at Clover main menu, press F4 to extract your BIOS raw tables. They'll got the the ACPI/origin folder. Zip the folder and upload it.
  2. if you don't know or don't need those kexts, remove Disabler + AHCIPortInjector
  3. remove those 2 USB injector kexts
  4. remove the VoodooPS2Keyboard + VoodooPS2Mouse + VoodooPS2Trackpad kexts

Reboot and tell us how it goes along your extracted BIOS tables.

after i  remove Disabler + AHCIPortInjector and  VoodooPS2Keyboard + VoodooPS2Mouse + VoodooPS2Trackpad kexts i couldn't boot it restart i add to boot with my bootable usb to copy the origin files

​thanks for helping

origin.zip

done i can boot from hdd now but the port still not working pls help

Yup, that's it re: BIOS tables.

Coming back to USB ports, I'm seeing USB2.0 ports + a USB3.0 controller (hence GenericUSBXHCI kext), right? You run Yosemite so I don't see why you would need those USB injector kexts. Can you try without? USB injectors are usually required from El Capitan along side DSDT patches where EHCx devices are ranked to EH0x devices.

Regarding your Clover config.plist config file, there are things to modify...

ACPI tab:

Uncheck P States and C States generations, that's for C2D or Arrandale CPUs, not applicable to your Sandy Bridge CPU

Graphics:

Inject intel is correctly set. HD3000 usually needs SNB platform-id 0x00010000 to be injected in DSDT. Often, HD3000 id 0126 is also injected but it seems that in your case, you've sticked to your i7-2630QM default iGPU id 8086:0116. You have full QE/CI without any additional data injection, right?

Kernel and Kext Patches tab:

HP-laptop oblige, you've selected the LAPIC option but you probably also need the select the AsusAICPUPM as that is required ti handle CPU power management on Sandy+Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Yes

HP PAVILION DV7-6745ez Entertainment Noteboot

For USB3.0, are you using a ExpressCard?

Did you try all USB2.0 ports? In IOReg, I'm seeing ports and internal WebCam on 2nd USB2.0 controller EHC2. I'm seeing 1st USB2.0 controller EHC1 but with no ports underneath which would explain why some  (if not all) of your USB2.0 ports aren't working. Can you check that no USB controller/ports are disabled in BIOS?

cant disable port in bios

• 1 month later...

I have the same situation. I tried to patch with Rehabman's Intel 6 Chipset patch, not working.

USB2.0 are not turned off in BIOS. There are about 12 ports. Some of them are turned off. I assume they are not connected ones.

Modified BIOS thanks to donovan6000.