AMD R9 290 (non-x) issues in Sierra

justpal

47 posts in this topic

That's great!. I have the R9 290 too, but there is no way I can get it work, even with IGPU activated in BIOS.

Can you share your config.plist so I can try it, please ?

Sorry for the late awnser, notifications it is not getting in my e-mail, I will enable that option!

Don't forget to change the Serial Number, please!

config.plist.zip

Yeah, I got that but I don't see any workaround for our cards in that app... And I did try for my Audio ALC1150 but it didn't work :/ Can you please explain exactly what did you choose?

E-mail me, and I explain how you should do, the forum it's blocking image, and text explaining I don't know why.

e-mail: ################

I'm online, so if you wander right now I send you the answer right now!

Edited by fantomas1
Email address has been removed to prevent you from being spammed!

E-mail me, and I explain how you should do, the forum it's blocking image, and text explaining I don't know why.

e-mail: ###################

If you would read the forum rule you would know why this forum is blocking any of your links

• Like 1

hello

qe ci for my r9 290 don't work

i ve add 0x67B11002  in amd8000 only because if add 0x67b11002 in amdx4000 my it s recognized in r9 290/390 7mo .inject ati in clover and vbios ,add value ati controller anti connector .

if i idea ?

in el capitan just add 0x67b11002 in amd8000 and amdx4000 and repair permission an update cache with kext utility and it works perfectly not needed to infect ati or ad fakecpuid

I have the same problem with my R9 390 8GB. Guess it is SMBIOS related. Hence Mac OS get values and addresses for GPU from AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and your SMBIOS and motherboard ID defines which profile of power management you will have. Apple put old and very used SMBIOS for Mac Pro 3,1, out and since then, my OS  stop working.

You're welcome. Let me know if that worked for you too

Yes, it worked !!. I followed your advice and used your config.plist with Graphics > Inject > Ati > YES (NO was selected).

Now I get QE/CI working, but not at 100 %, there are some blinking image and my monitor is detected as a television now (HDMI connection), and when I shut down the system, it starts a loop of rebooting.

I suspect it would be necessary to inject ports.

By the way, I appreciate your help, now I'm closer to get the system working like in El Capitan.

Yes, it worked !!. I followed your advice and used your config.plist with Graphics > Inject > Ati > YES (NO was selected).

Now I get QE/CI working, but not at 100 %, there are some blinking image and my monitor is detected as a television now (HDMI connection), and when I shut down the system, it starts a loop of rebooting.

I suspect it would be necessary to inject ports.

By the way, I appreciate your help, now I'm closer to get the system working like in El Capitan.

Good to hear :)

• 3 weeks later...

Good afternoon friends, I need your expertise and help.

I have a r9 290 (0x67B11002) card and took several days reading, watching and trying everything there and future.

If I boot the system without quite touching anything, the computer tells me I have a graph of 8MB.

But if I start to play and put everything I've seen the thread, fake id 0X67B11002, framebuffer, etc, etc, the most I get is that recognizes me that is a R9 290/390, but I still indicating that it has 8 MB RAM and I can not do QE / CI to work.

Someone can give me a help, please?

Bootloader is clover and osx Sierra

Good afternoon friends, I need your expertise and help.

I have a r9 290 (0x67B11002) card and took several days reading, watching and trying everything there and future.

If I boot the system without quite touching anything, the computer tells me I have a graph of 8MB.

But if I start to play and put everything I've seen the thread, fake id 0X67B11002, framebuffer, etc, etc, the most I get is that recognizes me that is a R9 290/390, but I still indicating that it has 8 MB RAM and I can not do QE / CI to work.

Someone can give me a help, please?

Bootloader is clover and osx Sierra

The only way until now is to set an IGPU as primary and boot "blind" rebooting and switching the cable to 290, or - best - switch the cable to the 290 after choosing macos sierra from Clover (right before the apple appears). You will get a fully working 290. 

We are all still waiting for a better solution

Thank you for your help. As you can understand I have read so much and have tried a lot that I just don't even know what configuration is the good one. Could you give me a hand and tell me what the various I have to put again in clover? Because right now if I change my 280x for 290, without doing anything else, I get the 8MB. It that correctly?

Thank you in advance

Thank you for your help. As you can understand I have read so much and have tried a lot that I just don't even know what configuration is the good one. Could you give me a hand and tell me what the various I have to put again in clover? Because right now if I change my 280x for 290, without doing anything else, I get the 8MB. It that correctly?

Thank you in advance

Yes, I know that feeling :) Anyway you should reset your latest settings to your first and that should be it. I am not on my hackintosh right now, but as far as I remember only the fakeID (0x67B01002) should be ok for clover.

If you have a working/compatible (on hackintosh) iGPU you can inject it too, so you'll have both igpu and video card 100% working as I did with my i7 4790k

I have the same micro than you.. I don't know if I have to inject ow what inject on Clover..... Can you tell me it??

Thank you in advance.

As I told you I am not on my hackintosh, but if I remember this is it:

You have to inject two IDs.

Under

Devices -> Intel fakeID: 0x04128086

Under

Graphics -> ig-platform-id: 0x0a260006

Flag Intel checkbox too

A few questions for fellow r290 mates, 

1) Would my sapphire vaporX Tri-OC 4GDDR5 be having similar bios? if not, could you guys please dump yours? I'm desperate to test out my card because I've been scratching my head on this hackintosh since 5 months ago and still can't get it to work with accelerated graphics (I can get regular radeon framebuffer to run)

2) here's my config.plist, is there anything that i have set wrong that it won't boot properly? (it will install and will boot only if i disable injectATI)

Thanks in Advance!

A few questions for fellow r290 mates,

1) Would my sapphire vaporX Tri-OC 4GDDR5 be having similar bios? if not, could you guys please dump yours? I'm desperate to test out my card because I've been scratching my head on this hackintosh since 5 months ago and still can't get it to work with accelerated graphics (I can get regular radeon framebuffer to run)

2) here's my config.plist, is there anything that i have set wrong that it won't boot properly? (it will install and will boot only if i disable injectATI)

Thanks in Advance!

Use mine from this post (please change the serial with yours)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/315045-amd-r9-290-non-x-issues-in-sierra/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2289637

I have the exact same card, so it will work for you too.

Please read my previous post about iGPU

No need to change you vbios, just use an igpu to load the machine and then switch your dvi/hdmj cable to the vapor-x

Use mine from this post (please change the serial with yours)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/315045-amd-r9-290-non-x-issues-in-sierra/page-1?do=findComment&comment=2289637

I have the exact same card, so it will work for you too.

Please read my previous post about iGPU

No need to change you vbios, just use an igpu to load the machine and then switch your dvi/hdmj cable to the vapor-x

possible to configure it to use DP instead? the card isn't HDMI 2.0 ready and I have a 4K monitor that accepts DP only...

Also,

1) I tried your config with my own serial, it doesn't have Inject ATI on, is that correct? because it boots and does not have acceleration.

2) no Kext modification done right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry to "wake" this thread again, but is there a good solution available out there?

Reason why I'm asking: I don't have an internal GPU in my board (Z170A SLI - didn't check for internal graphics when I bought it :() so the iGPU fix won't work here.

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks a lot.

KlyX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

sorry to "wake" this thread again, but is there a good solution available out there?

Reason why I'm asking: I don't have an internal GPU in my board (Z170A SLI - didn't check for internal graphics when I bought it :() so the iGPU fix won't work here.

Any other ideas? :)

Thanks a lot.

KlyX

Best choice is to use El Capitan until someone competent finally find a solution... I tried everything I could with my (poor) knowledge... So I'm still waiting for a super hero  :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, I was able to get my msi r9 290 working but also lost sound.  How were you guys able to figure it out?

Yeah, I got that but I don't see any workaround for our cards in that app... And I did try for my Audio ALC1150 but it didn't work :/ Can you please explain exactly what did you choose?

e-mail: ################