Anyone have a 980ti working?

infernouk

52 posts in this topic

I listed the SMBIOS was 6.1, the hardware is X99 chipset with a 5830k. My computer works perfectly when i click 'inject kexts'in the clover boot screen, it doesnt work if i dont, so the issue is something with the clover setup rather than kexts and other settings i think 

You are better off installing the kexts in SLE to avoid dependency issues.

Please try using MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS as that should address your consistent issues with Nvidia GPUS and x99.

Hey guys

Just got sierra installed and my hackintosh no longer recognises my 980ti.

It doesnt list it in about this mac either. 

It was all fine and displayed correctly in El Capitan, I have installed the latest web drivers.

Any ideas why? I can booth both nv disabled and enabled after a few trys so that doesnt seem to effect it

See, nothing in your first post. :) This is where you list those things.

You are better off installing the kexts in SLE to avoid dependency issues.

Please try using MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS as that should address your consistent issues with Nvidia GPUS and x99.

See, nothing in your first post. :) This is where you list those things.

Is it simple to change SMBIO without screwing the system? I remember when i first got all this working my PC wouldnt boot with 5.1 and only with 6.1 

The disadvantage with SLE is just that its wiped on each update right?

esentially move everything on the left here into the folder on the right?

eG4FUTYl.png

Only modified kexts get taken out after a update. Those would be kexts that would NOT work in clover because they have decencies.

Should have no issues with MacPro 5,1. If you do it would be a end user issue.

Please see my X99 DMG and use Kext Helper which is in Step 2 of the DMG to install Kexts.

Only modified kexts get taken out after a update. Those would be kexts that would NOT work in clover because they have decencies.

Should have no issues with MacPro 5,1. If you do it would be a end user issue.

Please see my X99 DMG and use Kext Helper which is in Step 2 of the DMG to install Kexts.

ill give it a try, do i need any of the old serial info from the old SMBIOS or can i just use the config.plist in your DMG without issue?

this is my mobo, not sure its supported in your guide unless it has a comparable model? http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5332#ov

sorry i was away for 2 days, was very busy but now i'm back , so what happened you changed your smbios to mac pro 5.1, if you can give me an update of your current situation, too see if we can get back to business. use these 2 to remove all the other unnecessary graphic kexts that you don't need. so we can start good from the beginning

Remove Intel & Ati.zip

sorry i was away for 2 days, was very busy but now i'm back , so what happened you changed your smbios to mac pro 5.1, if you can give me an update of your current situation, too see if we can get back to business. use these 2 to remove all the other unnecessary graphic kexts that you don't need. so we can start good from the beginning

I'm going to change to 5.1 to see if it fixes the issues and I can boot with 100% success if I manually choose to inject kext each time in the clover boot loader.

What I'm asking is do I need to cope any info from the current config before I change it to 5.1 such as the serial number of the PC etc that you generate in the SMBIOS tab? I don't want to just change to 5.1 and break it as I didn't copy something

ok good if you switch to MPB 5.1 you don't need to use AppleGraphicsControl.kext, go to S/L/E and copy and paste AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop. then delete AppleGraphicsControl.kext from S/L/E. and reboot

no you can't use the same old values from 1 system definition to another, simply create a new set of values for you new system definition using clover wand, some people said in that past that these values from 1 system definition to another but i don't know if that is true or if that still works but is so easy to create a new serial that there is really no point on keeping the old serial # unless you have purchases tied to that serial # or you had iMessage working with the old serial #

ok good if you switch to MPB 5.1 you don't need to use AppleGraphicsControl.kext, go to S/L/E and copy and paste AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop. then delete AppleGraphicsControl.kext from S/L/E. and reboot

to confirm, as no one has clarified yet, do i need to save any serial numbers etc to change to 5.1? or can i literally just change it and use the magic wand a dice rolls in clover for new numbers?

weirdly at the moment clover reports my SMBIOS to be a iMac, where as my plist is showing it to be the 6.1 i thought it was?

3EZxqAlh.png

don't worry for now about creating a working key, you can always create a new key or change the one that you already have later by using clover wand, yeah about your smbios showing something different there, that is definitely weird, try creating a new config file from scratch then verify again to see if you still have imac smbios, you can delete the old efi folder and reinstall clover to see if you get the right values after reinstalling clover, you can just hit the wand a few times now and you can create a working key later or you can try to create a new mac pro bios 5.1 key now while you are there so you don't have to leave that for later, that is up to you, either way is good. but i will first have the system booting fine then i will create the key later but that is just me, i'm going to check that about the smbios in clover boot menu but the last time i checked i always get the same smbios that i have installed on my system with the same serial # etc, do you have more than 1 clover installation in your hard drive or do you have more than 1 hard drive with clover, simply remove any other hard drive that you might have so you don't get confused with multiples versions of configurations of clover.

edit 

just finished checking the smbios in clover boot menu and yes i do have the exact same info that i have in my system, that's the way it should be. so you need to find out what is causing that weird problem in your pc, but that is definitely a problem, just make sure the smbios in clover boot menu matches the smbios that you have in your system , simply remove any extra hard drive if you have more than 1 hard drive connected to your pc, delete the EFI folder from the EFI partition or from your drive root depending if you are running clover on EUFI or in Legacy mode, reinstall clover and reverify that info. after that info matches then we can move on to the next step

edit 

you don't have to disconnect the extra drives, simply disable all the extra drives from the bios and leave only the mac drive enable. i think you have another config file in 1 of the drives and that's why you have a different system definition than the one you should have. so in order to find out you have to disable those drives for the moment. first disable the drives and if you still see the iMac smbios then delete the EFI folder and reinstall clover, if you see the right version of smbios after disabling the extra drives then that means that 1 of this drives have a clover config file with iMac smbios and that's why the confusion with the mixed smbios

Use the Clover Config on the x99 DMG.

Right, I am not using your config.plist, its showing as 5.1 in the bootloader.

It puts me into power cycles when i try and load the OS, i got in by selecting 'inject Kexts' option which got me to the desktoip but the graphics card isnt working, i tried without the AppleGraphics kext and it was even worse / less functional when i got it to boot.

I have already used your installer and kexts in step 2 so I cant see why im having all these issues, its currently worse than before I used your files

I just reinstalled clover to make sure I didn't have any old stuff causing issues, uses your config and kexts again. I literally cannot boot, big no entry sign on the screen no matter what I do, and I can't edit anything as I can't get into the OS, all the guide has done is totally wreck my PC...boot failed on every single flag combination

Right, I am not using your config.plist, its showing as 5.1 in the bootloader.

It puts me into power cycles when i try and load the OS, i got in by selecting 'inject Kexts' option which got me to the desktoip but the graphics card isnt working, i tried without the AppleGraphics kext and it was even worse / less functional when i got it to boot.

I have already used your installer and kexts in step 2 so I cant see why im having all these issues, its currently worse than before I used your files

I just reinstalled clover to make sure I didn't have any old stuff causing issues, uses your config and kexts again. I literally cannot boot, big no entry sign on the screen no matter what I do, and I can't edit anything as I can't get into the OS, all the guide has done is totally wreck my PC...boot failed on every single flag combination

Your mixing up methods. I did not tell you to install the kexts on the DMG. No idea where you got that idea. I told you to use Kext Helper to install the KEXTs you where using. You did not read what I had wrote. What else have you completed from others not reading what they told you to? Lets be honest for a moment, I think we know the issue.

Last you have a Mem Map issue. Not booting into verbose and telling use you have a root drive failure icon is not helpful. This has nothing to do with the files on the DMG as we have thousands of users of the DMG.

x99 is considered experimental until Apple releases a Mac using the new socket and chipset. Please keep this in mind.

You have two options here.

1. Buy a Real Mac from the Apple Store.

2. Follow help exactly as all of the wonderful people here on IM tell you to do.

Your mixing up methods. I did not tell you to install the kexts on the DMG. No idea where you got that idea. I told you to use Kext Helper to install the KEXTs you where using. You did not read what I had wrote. What else have you completed from others not reading what they told you to? I think we know the issue.

Last you have a Mem Map issue. Not booting into verbose and telling use you have a root drive failure icon is not helpful.

You have two options here.

1. Buy a Real Mac from the Apple Store.

2. Follow help exactly as all of the wonderful people here on IM tell you to do.

"Please see my X99 DMG and use Kext Helper which is in Step 2 of the DMG to install Kexts."

there is no clarification here that you didnt mean the kexts in the step 2 folder vs ones in the system.

I have a real mac which I will be using to fix the issues, I have managed to get it booting back to the desktop, however it seems to power cycle its self at random before I can change things! I think its a kernel panic, Is there a way to reverse the actions taken installing the wrongly used step 2 kexts other than reformatting?

"Please see my X99 DMG and use Kext Helper which is in Step 2 of the DMG to install Kexts."

there is no clarification here that you didnt mean the kexts in the step 2 folder vs ones in the system.

I have a real mac which I will be using to fix the issues 

Did I say to install to install the Kexts found on the DMG? No. It was a general statement about kexts which if you read what I wrote that is very clear.

Did I say to install to install the Kexts found on the DMG? No. It was a general statement about kexts which if you read what I wrote that is very clear.

i dont feel it was clear, but yes it was my mistake 

Anyway, i managed to boot to desktop, restore my previous clover install, remove all the kexts i accidently installed, used the tool to move the ones in my EFI over as i was supposed to at first. 

So I can boot when i -v, but not without, i get a lot of power cycling on boot and when i shut down it seems to have issues with the power so this seems like a primary issue at the moment

don't worry for now about creating a working key, you can always create a new key or change the one that you already have later by using clover wand, yeah about your smbios showing something different there, that is definitely weird, try creating a new config file from scratch then verify again to see if you still have imac smbios, you can delete the old efi folder and reinstall clover to see if you get the right values after reinstalling clover, you can just hit the wand a few times now and you can create a working key later or you can try to create a new mac pro bios 5.1 key now while you are there so you don't have to leave that for later, that is up to you, either way is good. but i will first have the system booting fine then i will create the key later but that is just me, i'm going to check that about the smbios in clover boot menu but the last time i checked i always get the same smbios that i have installed on my system with the same serial # etc, do you have more than 1 clover installation in your hard drive or do you have more than 1 hard drive with clover, simply remove any other hard drive that you might have so you don't get confused with multiples versions of configurations of clover.

edit 

just finished checking the smbios in clover boot menu and yes i do have the exact same info that i have in my system, that's the way it should be. so you need to find out what is causing that weird problem in your pc, but that is definitely a problem, just make sure the smbios in clover boot menu matches the smbios that you have in your system , simply remove any extra hard drive if you have more than 1 hard drive connected to your pc, delete the EFI folder from the EFI partition or from your drive root depending if you are running clover on EUFI or in Legacy mode, reinstall clover and reverify that info. after that info matches then we can move on to the next step

edit 

you don't have to disconnect the extra drives, simply disable all the extra drives from the bios and leave only the mac drive enable. i think you have another config file in 1 of the drives and that's why you have a different system definition than the one you should have. so in order to find out you have to disable those drives for the moment. first disable the drives and if you still see the iMac smbios then delete the EFI folder and reinstall clover, if you see the right version of smbios after disabling the extra drives then that means that 1 of this drives have a clover config file with iMac smbios and that's why the confusion with the mixed smbios

encase you arent banned, i have switched SMBIOS to 5.1 now sucessfully, its reporting in about this mac as a 2010 mac pro.

However I am still having issues with the graphics and still require that graphics kext you provided with the installer.

I have also just updated the webdrivers to the GM release as thats just come out!

So basically I am still in the same place I was when we first started on the issue apart from now im on 5.1 SMBIOS

I get errors like these sometimes on shut down and sometimes my pc restarts rather than loading OSX after selecting to boot, so I assume something is up with the power management but cant figure what it could be

ycNMpc1h.png

Only use:

NullCPU

FakeSMC

VoodooTSCSync

AppleIntelE1000E

Then boot into the system using verbose and post a new pic.

to clarify, should i also go into S/L/E and delete the unneeded ones that were also installed using your kext installer? 

Is this likely to cause me not to be able to access my OS if it goes wrong as I wont be able to add the kexts back in to resolve it

UPDATED::

Right, i delete all but your listed kexts in my EFI and my S/L/E, I restarted and booted -v and everything booted fine (the first screenshot below shows the sucessful startup, i video'd it and grabbed the last frame so you can see it), but my graphics card wasnt recognised and i had default resolution, so i had output but not at the correct res.

this is what it shows in my system info: 5VIgmQLl.png

I decided to try the graphics kext posted a while back in this thread, rebooted and now i have graphics at the correct res. 

Card read properly with a graphics kext: KjWQvuYl.png

I remember you said with 5.1 i wouldnt need this kext, but it appears to get the 4k resolution I do? Unless there is another cause for this issue? Im thinking NVram but dont know anything about resolving it 

Also when i shut down I am still presented with the kernel screen and a few readouts, i have included a screenshot of that as well for reference.

This is the -v boot

UiTy8Rxh.png

This is the shutdown screen issue

11hFyvxh.png

Hope this is useful in diagnosis

• Like 1

Using MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS will allow you to not need to edit other kexts to use the Nvidia GPU. Also from my own observations MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS is more stable for x99. You still need the drivers regardless!

As for shutdown that's fine. Amazing what happens with the right kexts! :)

Using MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS will allow you to not need to edit other kexts to use the Nvidia GPU. Also from my own observations MacPro 5,1 SMBIOS is more stable for x99. You still need the drivers regardless!

As for shutdown that's fine. Amazing what happens with the right kexts! :)

This is odd though, im using 5.1 and its reading the first screenshot with messed up resolution, the drivers are installed and active and its not seeing the 980ti. Is there a way perhaps the drivers arent active even though the nvidia control panel said they are and i boot nv enabled arg? 

Its only when I add the apple graphics kext that it sees a 980ti and functions as shown in the second shot.

Control Panel only writes to the NVRAM. If your board does not have working NVRAM it will not work without the flag. Under 10.12 there is a known issue. See Clover update from today talks about it.

yeah i heard about this, ive always been using nv enable flag though even when it didnt work!