Looking for a new Nvidia Graphic Card

marcoscar

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm looking for a new Nvidia Graphic Card... and I'm totally lost !!

I actually have two hackintoshs (cf signature at the end), the first one run 10.11.5 and the second one run 10.11.6.

They both perfectly run with the same graphic card (GT 740 MSI, 2Go DDR3)

I would like to buy a new Graphic card in order to use my two Hackintosh at the same time (one for testing and the other for "real" work). Today I have to unplug and plug my graphic card from my Hack1 to Hack2... not very usefull!!

I had a look on the internet website which are selling Nvidia products but I don't know which one would be the best for ma configuration...

Do you have any advices? any brand to avoid? any reference you know they work perfectly?

What are the differences between the GT, GTX, or GTX ti... and more?

Which one would you buy? for an hakintosh?

I don't need a big one... no video... no 3D... no game.... only 2d !

Thanks for helping, ready to read you !

Marcoscar

Start by supported GPUs in real Macs...the real trick is the outputs, one or more outputs can work as their default or none, requiring framebuffer edition.

There is plenty of old GPUs selling out there very cheap from Nvidia and AMD or new ones to the recent OS X releases that are using AMD currently.

Check Tech ARP - Where The Best In Technology Gather 

Desktop Graphics Card ... for GPUs specs.

A GTX 960 is a solid entry level GPU that gives you performance at a lower cost. Since the 10XX series GPUs have been released the 9xx series GPUs can be found at a low cost used on sites such as E-Bay for example.  

GPU selection should be based on your needs for the next 2-3 years so think about it before you buy something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm looking for a new Nvidia Graphic Card... and I'm totally lost !!

I actually have two hackintoshs (cf signature at the end), the first one run 10.11.5 and the second one run 10.11.6.

They both perfectly run with the same graphic card (GT 740 MSI, 2Go DDR3)

I would like to buy a new Graphic card in order to use my two Hackintosh at the same time (one for testing and the other for "real" work). Today I have to unplug and plug my graphic card from my Hack1 to Hack2... not very usefull!!

I had a look on the internet website which are selling Nvidia products but I don't know which one would be the best for ma configuration...

Do you have any advices? any brand to avoid? any reference you know they work perfectly?

What are the differences between the GT, GTX, or GTX ti... and more?

Which one would you buy? for an hakintosh?

I don't need a big one... no video... no 3D... no game.... only 2d !

Thanks for helping, ready to read you !

Marcoscar

From experience, if you are looking for a GPU that works OOB w/ no mess installation involved (NVIDIA Web Drivers) then I would suggest u stick to using anything below Maxwell as a solution: Kepler/Fermi are natively supported by OS X starting from Mountain Lion. Go with a used GTX 760 if you're looking for a decent card that won't cost as much. Even a used GTX 780 won't break the bank if you purchase one today.

From experience, if you are looking for a GPU that works OOB w/ no mess installation involved (NVIDIA Web Drivers) then I would suggest u stick to using anything below Maxwell as a solution: Kepler/Fermi are natively supported by OS X starting from Mountain Lion. Go with a used GTX 760 if you're looking for a decent card that won't cost as much. Even a used GTX 780 won't break the bank if you purchase one today.

My 560 is fermi and doesn't currently work in Sierra.. Black screens 

Then u must be doing something wrong with your installation... I have a GTX 480 working OOB which is Fermi (no drivers installed)

Do share your methodology then.. As I have been doing this for 9 years now and have no working method to get a 560ti working in Sierra despite it working perfectly in El Cap. (Even slim.jim is having issues with a similar card).

Do share your methodology then.. As I have been doing this for 9 years now and have no working method to get a 560ti working in Sierra despite it working perfectly in El Cap. (Even slim.jim is having issues with a similar card).

Make sure u are using HDMI output. And also are u able to boot w/o the USB installer? And one more thing: what system definition are u using in your SMBIOS?