ALC3234(255) AppleHDA External Mic Feature Request

lisai9093

7 posts in this topic

I used Mirone's AppleHDA for ALC255 with every working except external mic. It seems the patched AppleHDA kext do not have external mic information. So nothing happens when I insert headphone into the jack. The computer always use internal mic as the only input source. I tried to patch external mic myself but without success. Any help would be appreciable.

p.s. my PC has single jack for both mic and headphone.

codec#0.txt

codec#0.svg.zip

Mirone's patch and mine doesn't include external mic info. I myself have been testing codecs with Combo Jack, and I must say that any codecs that have Line Out instead of Line In will never have working external mic ( trying to cram it in result in loss of headphone port, static noise everywhere )

its a comboJack 

can you provide dmesg log from Linux ? 

Sure, its here

Mirone's patch and mine doesn't include external mic info. I myself have been testing codecs with Combo Jack, and I must say that any codecs that have Line Out instead of Line In will never have working external mic ( trying to cram it in result in loss of headphone port, static noise everywhere )

that's what I found too. But I remember combo jack is working perfectly on my previous laptop from Lenovo. So it is device dependent I guess.

dmesg.txt

i have fixed couple of codec which doesn't contains Line-in detection in codec_dump that is why alsa use different nodes for different jack inputs , however i found this found in newer realtek codecs but 255 is also in same league

@lisai9093

i will try to fix it , Patched AppleHDA will good or CloverHDA ?

I will prefer patching AppleHDA. Thank you!

It is Line In, not Line Out so it works, no surprise here

Not familiar with that. So it's original codec problem?