How can I load a kext into the bootable USB?

lordscales91

13 posts in this topic

Today I tried to install OS X on the bare metal for the first time. The process was easy when I did on Virtualbox VM but this seems much more difficult. The first obstacle in my way is PS/2 keyboard and mouse support. I know that there are kexts for that but I don't know if it is possible to load them on the installer. I have an USB mouse but no USB keyboard, that's why I'm asking if it is possible to complete the installation with just a mouse.

It's very frustrating, I reached the installer but couldn't move on :(

Please, help.

My hardware

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H81M-H

CPU: Intel i5 4440 3.1 GHz

RAM: 1x 8 GB DDR3 Kingston 1600 MHz

Graphic Card: MSI GTX 660

Drives:

- Seagate ST3320820AS (320GB, Target drive)

- Seagate ST2000DM001-1ER64 (2TB, Just for data)

Ok, I think I didn't left any relevant hardware information. The keyboard is from some weird chinese brand (I see a "Rainbow" logo just above the numpad). The mouse manufacturer is logitech. Both devices, as I said before, are PS/2

have you installed this driver? If not then install and boot again:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/downloads

Yes I know about that driver, but I don't know how to install it on the bootable USB (to be loaded by the installer). I tried kext wizard but it seems it's not working. Maybe I need to copy it manually somewhere on the USB stick... 

The problem is that I can't get past the installation screen without neither keyboard or mouse.

With Enoch bootloader then into Extra/Extensions Folter

With Clover bootloader then into EFI/CLOVER/....KEXTS/10.10/ for yosemite or for el capitan then into /10.11/

With Enoch bootloader then into Extra/Extensions Folter

With Clover bootloader then into EFI/CLOVER/....KEXTS/10.10/ for yosemite or for el capitan then into /10.11/

Oh Thanks! I will try it and report the results

UPDATE:

Yey! I'm talking to you from OS X. It's still the first boot(from the clover bootloader in the USB) and I don't have audio support yet but I'm sure I will be able to fix that. And, as you can see my keyboard is working fine!

Let's see if I'm able to boot it directly from the hard drive now

for the internal sound card, use the instructions of Toleda or use the applehda Patcher from Mirone&Micky, for which patches of AppleHDA.kext

The installation on a hdd should work, u have not a extraordinary hardware.

for the internal sound card, use the instructions of Toleda or use the applehda Patcher from Mirone&Micky, for which patches of AppleHDA.kext

The installation on a hdd should work, u have not a extraordinary hardware.

Thanks for the info. Well I managed to boot properly from the hard drive without the USB. Still I have no sound. Can you point me to the Toleda instructions and the AppleHDA Patcher?

Well. My OS X installation is working fine. Still I have no sound, but I will mark this as solved and reformulate the question so it can be helpful to others.

I think I will deal with the sound issue on my own with the AppleHDA patching guide

Download this kext:

AppleALC.zip

Copy it in the Clover kexts folder;

Open the config.plist with Clover Configurator, go to devices, Audio and write 1 to the "inject" field;

Save and reboot.

Important: You must have a vanilla AppleHDA.kext