Maximus VII Ranger Sleep / Wake Issue

Thogg Niatiz

54 posts in this topic

Set this in your UEFI/BIOS:

Advanced\USB Configuration

• Legacy USB Support > Enabled
  • Intel xHCI Mode > Auto
  • EHCI Hand-off > Enabled

Do you have any USB devices other than keyboard/mouse?

Do you have any PCI devices or add-in cards other than your video card?

You have the shutdown function working properly?

Check, everything set. Still no success...

I had a Microsoft Webcam connected, but for now I'm just running my peripherals:

post-1684982-0-02816100-1472919473_thumb.png

I have no PCI extensions, not even a dedicated GPU, just the iGPU of my 4790K.

How do I check if it works properly? Seems ok to me...

Hmm, I don't have these problems with Sleep, this Q-Code is like Windows blue screen  :lol:

In BIOS/UEFI did you disable VT-d, and set SecureBoot as OtherOS?

Look with you have this option too:

Advanced -> CPU Configuration -> CPU Power Management Configuration -> CFG-Lock: Disabled

Try use some value for 'slide=0' boot-arg.

Some time ago Slice told to me that this value + OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi can help in Hibernation, but as your case is Sleep, we can try.

E.g: slide=100, or 33, etc...

I tried slide= for 0, 33 and 100, but it didn't solve the problem. Still gets stuck at Q30. Are there any other common slide values that could do the trick?

SSDT DropOEM Option in Clover makes the system stop booting with a sensor initialization error. Could that be a sign that my generated SSDT isn't loaded correctly? I know DropOEM isn't necessary, but why is that an issue with my system?

I tried slide= for 0, 33 and 100, but it didn't solve the problem. Still gets stuck at Q30. Are there any other common slide values that could do the trick?

These values are just an examples, you can put any other value.

SSDT DropOEM Option in Clover makes the system stop booting with a sensor initialization error. Could that be a sign that my generated SSDT isn't loaded correctly? I know DropOEM isn't necessary, but why is that an issue with my system?

I have this problem too, just set DropOEM as "false", and Clover will just load your patched DSDT and SSDT.

Progress! I have two displays connected to the board. The first by HDMI, the second by DVI. Removing the HDMI one fixes the wake issues. Is there a way to use the HDMI display again, softwarewise? I will go to get a DVI adaptor, just in case, but I would be happier if there is a DSDT fix or something.