CUDA SUPPORT in Sierra

ergot

41 posts in this topic

I fixed my Cuda yesterday... i had a strange Sierra Version (16A320) that did not allow me to install the latest "f" version of the graphic driver... i then reinstalled Sierra zu the current (16A322) version that allowed me to install the web driver. with the current driver installed i have no further warnings and can use DaVinci resolve with CUDA... 

i can Export now a ProRes 4K DCI file to ProRes 4K with about 50 FPS speed... the graphics card has a utilization of 90-100% , with the CPU using about 10-15 cores... so the GPU must be the bottle neck now :) all in all im very satisfied 

• Like 1

Found this explication for Cuda Toolkit 8 isn't working with Xcode 8 on Sierra

For developers on Mac systems, click here to read a known limitation.

Xcode 8 is not currently supported with the CUDA Toolkit 8 compiler for Mac. We are working on providing an update shortly. Until then, the developers should use Xcode 7.x with the CUDA Toolkit 8 for compiling their code on Mac macOS 10.12. Alternatively, they can run applications compiled with older versions of CUDA Toolkit and Mac/Xcode on Mac macOS 10.12.

I had the same problem, I installed the latest Nvidia web drivers and Cuda drivers, but cuda was not enabled in adobe applications, so I uninstalled web drivers, after that cuda was enabled in adobe premiere pro and other adobe applications.

I am using GTX 760.

In Sierra, with older nvidia cards if you want cuda you will have to use nvidia os drivers. No web drivers.

I had the same problem, I installed the latest Nvidia web drivers and Cuda drivers, but cuda was not enabled in adobe applications, so I uninstalled web drivers, after that cuda was enabled in adobe premiere pro and other adobe applications.

I am using GTX 760.

In Sierra, with older nvidia cards if you want cuda you will have to use nvidia os drivers. No web drivers.

did you used any boot arg after uninstalling web drivers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...