Bilbo, I understand, but here's a brief recollection of what I went through.
After changing CPU's OSX would freeze on CPU declaration. (Obviously I had removed the old DSDT and SSDT) I used my other mac to create a new USB clover disk to start testing, and extracted the fresh SSDT's and DSDT.
After performing all your tweaks from this thread on the DSDT and SSDT, it would still not work, so I researched the problem and there was some mention somewhere of using a bare minimum info for CPU part of SSDT for a similar kind of error. (also the SSDT-1 CPU info would get populated in a non-sequential order and using CPU numbers above what OSX likes)
That did not work, so I used what I could extract from the new SSDT-1 and compared it to your working E5-v2 DSDT (the CPU info at the bottom)
After cleaning up more stuff and removing all but the main declarations, and re-ordering and re-numbering the CPU's it worked, I managed to boot.
I then proceeded to test more by going back to my Mavericks install, and it worked, so I started messing around with PM.
Mavericks would freeze after 30 seconds or so, (like before adding the modified -maybe rolled back- AppleAcpiPlatform.kext) and 10.11.16 would only get me 2 or 3 states, so I methodically reintroduced the information I removed from the SSDT until I found that it is the If statements on each CPU that would for some reason get the system a kernel panic, so I removed the option and just left in the result of a positive.
Then, voila! PM is working at least on 10.11.16,
but I don't know if it isn't getting all the states up to 4GHz or HardwareMonitor doesn't report very accurately. After some investigation, it looks like these CPU's clock a maximum of 4GHZ on single core and 3.66 on multicore, which is what I'm getting, so all is good.
The performance feels a lot faster though, and the benchmarks are very close or better than their Windows counterparts.
Would be interested in checking in 10.12, but I use my Z820 for audio and there are a lot of incompatibilities on that OS, so will wait to see what others get.
My SSDT edit may not be "perfect", but it works, it is stable, and I've spent enough time on it for now.
My clover config.plist is for all settings a copy of yours, using smbios macpro 6,1.
I had a patched AIPM kext from before but since I was using sandy CPU, I had to revert to original and re-patch.
My Bios is the most current 3.91 rev A.
Everything else is the same as in this guide, and the only trick to get it to boot is to fix the DSDT with the stripped CPU info from SSDT-1. (info has to be in the DSDT or you get a KP)
One important thing is the name or numbering of each CPU core. In my case they would get weird numbers that OSX didn't like, so I modified each one so they were sequential from CPU0 to CPUF and so on... and then added the socket 0 and socket 1, as they would not get assigned from the original SSDT-1.
I've attached my DSDT and SSDT files.