• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
yes, f53 works with the removal of wireless whitelist.

here is the patched bios

to install: download the f53 bios from hp, and install it go all the way to flashing, but do not flash exit the program.

open c:\swsetup\sp39158/swinflash replace the bios file with this one, and run the applicationm to flash the bios.

http://rapidshare.co...9/BIOS.WPH.html

this did not brick my laptop but dont try with caution

ONE_NL@HP-DV9595ED

ONE_NL@HP-DV9595ED

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

yes, f53 works with the removal of wireless whitelist.

here is the patched bios

to install: download the f53 bios from hp, and install it go all the way to flashing, but do not flash exit the program.

open c:\swsetup\sp39158/swinflash replace the bios file with this one, and run the applicationm to flash the bios.

http://rapidshare.co...9/BIOS.WPH.html

this did not brick my laptop but dont try with caution

COOL
this one worked for my laptop: HP DV9595ED a HP 9500 series laptop or HP 9000 series.
specs: intel core 2 duo T7300 2.0GHz; nvidia 8600GS; 2Gb;320GB; realtec High definition audio ALC268
I first tried to change the bios myself, but wans't really confident I could do it. so I tested several others first, without any success (also the one from extremeae in witch I found my two specific WiFi cards) I have the Dell-1390 and a HP sparepart with BCM94321MCP1 chip rev 0A
the both clear the bios posting and work well in windows Vista.

BUT, both wifi cards are not automaticly recognized by OSX...
I have read from other users that these cards should/could work.
I run Version 10.5.2 Build 9C7010 (upgraded from toH_x86_9A581_RC2)

Posted Imageanyone with ideas??
or am I such a noob that I forget to install someting else before I can get the wireless working on OSX

David
Delft, The Netherlands.

PS. If you live nearby and fancy a dell1390 wifi, I have 2 now...

extremeae

extremeae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

BUT, both wifi cards are not automaticly recognized by OSX...
I have read from other users that these cards should/could work.
I run Version 10.5.2 Build 9C7010 (upgraded from toH_x86_9A581_RC2)

Posted Imageanyone with ideas??
or am I such a noob that I forget to install someting else before I can get the wireless working on OSX

David
Delft, The Netherlands.

PS. If you live nearby and fancy a dell1390 wifi, I have 2 now...

Go into System Preferences, Network. Click on Airport, and click on Turm Airport On, enter all the wireless info. That's all there is to it.

I have the same Broadcom BCM94321MCP1 card and it works great!

ONE_NL@HP-DV9595ED

ONE_NL@HP-DV9595ED

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Go into System Preferences, Network. Click on Airport, and click on Turm Airport On, enter all the wireless info. That's all there is to it.

I have the same Broadcom BCM94321MCP1 card and it works great!

ehhh,

I don't have an "airport" in network.....

internetadam4657

internetadam4657

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:skype id: wyssaj01
is there any chance of helping a guy out with the dv2500t bios? there are very similar but not the bios is not compatible from what i can tell on hp's website since the current bios updates for both laptops are different sp_____.exe files. i have already bricked my laptop once trying this and i'd rather not do it again ;)

any input would be really appreciated. i'm not using a broadcom card since the 1390 i bought online was DOA i gave up on it and i'd like to get my atheros card working and since all this hack does is simply edit the device list it could probably be done couldn't it?

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

is there any chance of helping a guy out with the dv2500t bios? there are very similar but not the bios is not compatible from what i can tell on hp's website since the current bios updates for both laptops are different sp_____.exe files. i have already bricked my laptop once trying this and i'd rather not do it again ;)

any input would be really appreciated. i'm not using a broadcom card since the 1390 i bought online was DOA i gave up on it and i'd like to get my atheros card working and since all this hack does is simply edit the device list it could probably be done couldn't it?

what os are u using, what bios version do u want

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

is there any chance of helping a guy out with the dv2500t bios? there are very similar but not the bios is not compatible from what i can tell on hp's website since the current bios updates for both laptops are different sp_____.exe files. i have already bricked my laptop once trying this and i'd rather not do it again :wacko:

heres the bios for f25 for vista for the dv2500t hope this is the right one, if you are not using vista, let me know. good luck and keep us posted on results

edit-- don't download this problems with some users, trying to work out problems now, will repost if i get it working ---deleted link

internetadam4657

internetadam4657

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
was the patched to use the 1390 or the airport extreme card? if its possible i would prefer the airport card as that one actually works for me.

chentwoten

chentwoten

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
kevd_hackin thanks so much for the patched bios. seamless bios flash and now my bcm4311 works PERFECT!!! Thanks again! os x install is 100% now!

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

was the patched to use the 1390 or the airport extreme card? if its possible i would prefer the airport card as that one actually works for me.

whitelist completely removed use any card u want

internetadam4657

internetadam4657

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
awesome. i'll load that up and try it out and let you know!

if this does not work, do you know of a recovery method? last time i bricked it, i had to send it back to hp to get the motherboard replaced.

internetadam4657

internetadam4657

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
its just sitting here, just like the last bios hack attempt. no splash, no screen response at all. just fans and the LED's.

got a way to fix it?

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

its just sitting here, just like the last bios hack attempt. no splash, no screen response at all. just fans and the LED's.

got a way to fix it?

google pheonix crisis recovery floppy, also need to download a stock bios from hp to put on the disk, when you insert the disk, remove battery and unplug computer, plug in and hold down function key and b then power on, some models need to hold windows key and b

please tell me exactly how you are flashing your bios when this happens, because the bios is not corrupt, several others have used this with out problems

internetadam4657

internetadam4657

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
i have been using the phoenix winflash utility from the hp download, i simply switched in the patched version with the advanced mode. if there is a better way, please let me know :censored2:

edit 2: laptop is officially no longer a doorstop! steps listed below for other dv2500t users who have bricked their laptop due to a bad bios flash:
1. download attached utility
2. download current BIOS update from hp for your laptop model
3. using the .bat file, create your recovery floppy
4. extract .WPH file from hp update and replace as BIOS.WPH on your new recovery disk
5. remove battery and power cord
6. press and hold win+b
7. plug in AC power and press power button
(note, laptop WILL beep very loudly. i recommend doing this in a time/place where you will not disturb other people. I did this at about midnight so I put the whole setup into my dryer and closed the door as soon as i got some beeping.)
8. laptop will begin to read the floppy and recover the bios. after you get the beeping, i would leave the room and come back.
9. i returned about 15 minutes later, restarted the computer and everything was just fine.

of course YMMV depending on your specific situation, but this worked for me.

Attached Files

kaaal

kaaal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
big thanks to kevd_hackin, used his f53 bios, flashed onto my HP dv9500t with no problem, installed my new Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 (agn) (atheros 5008 chipset) mini pci express, and now am typing dongle free from leopard. OS X immediately recognized it upon boot. i had the 4965 agn and had been waiting for kext from jalavoui, but it took to long, found the gigabyte on ebay for $35 bucks shipped and now OS X is 100% working. Thanks again.

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
guys,

something funny happens when you open the bios for the 2500 and 2700 series, you get error messages about rom sector three being corrupt when you read through the messages in the logs, even thought it shows as a sucessful build, be very careful modifing these bios, as internetadam discovered very easy to brick your computer, I didn't get this error message when i build his, but i think they are connected, basically the editor is misreading the bios, then rebuilding it incorrectly, i should be able to work around it but only flash these bios if you have recovery disks. Internetadam was nice enough to post them above. will keep everyone updated

internetadam4657

internetadam4657

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
kev, is there a way you know of that will successfully flash the bios?

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

kev, is there a way you know of that will successfully flash the bios?

been playing around with this one, still cant get bios editor to open the file correctly

knivez

knivez

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey kevd,

can you please post, in detail, the steps you did to get the f.53 bios to remove the whitelist?

I'm familiar with phoenix bios editing and i know about doctorj's post, but i was wondering mainly what file you edited and at what off set and how you found it.

i'm trying to do something as well with it,

Thanks

kankraka

kankraka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Just wondering if there's any fix for an amd DV9205ca, I took the broadcom card out of there and put it in my dv6135ca, 10.5.2 running amazing on it. However, the intel based card i took from the 6000 series is apparently black listed on the 9000 series I have. I'd like to slap XP on there and give it to my girlfriend as I really have no need for it. Any help would be wicked appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy