hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

would the F53 bios hacks work for my dv9335nr laptop?oh hp's website, it says that the latest BIOS version is F.23C? would this work?
your laptop falls into a different series, the 6000 and 9000 where the bios for f53 is for the 6500 and 9500 and above, don't worry though this were hacked first, just read this WHOLE TOPIC first, the bios f16 and f27 will both work on your laptop, you will just be downgrading.
I have a compaq c700 can someone help me do the bios whitelistplease
this also uses the f27 which was hacked already, you can find it in this post i think around page 3 or 4, the first post of this bios doesn't work, you must read until you find the second one, then make sure that after it they say it works, i also had ramjst edit is guide in the genius bar to host these files, just look for the older hp models, that is the f27 bios, if it works with your computer, it will install, if not you will get an error, but the bios itself works great good luck all, anyone with problems or needs more details feel free to pm mekevto everybody asking for help, please first read, then if you have questions, please add your model #, intel or amd-- i can't help amd don't know there bios. , Operating system and what bios hp website says you can use, this is important becasue hp just rewrote all the bios and has made it much harder to unlock, by checking, you should be able to downgrade to a bios that works for you. we are still working on the bios for the 2500 and up series, and i will start to look at amd, i don't think this is as important because to my knowledge hp uses broadcom on these laptops, if i am wrong someone please corect me?

Hello all,

for clarification: the F53 BIOS works for me on my HP DV6735EZ. No problems / error messages on POST/BOOT.

My wireless card is a Gigabyte GN-WI01GT (Atheros AR5005GS Super G).

Regards,

J3

• 2 weeks later...

Kevd, thank you soooo much!!!

It worked flawlessly on my HP DV9831CA!

I'm typing this with my new Wifi Card!

OSX 10.5.3 detect it directly!

The card is a 441090-001 which have a BroadCom chipset.

Thank you once again for your files! You rock! :P

Ive read the hole topic and cant find a way for mu f.57 i dongraded to f.51 and had no luck there any idea of how to get past the white list thanks

Ginger

ps my laptops a hp paviiilon dv699ea

best way is to go to hp website, click on downloads section, enter info, look for bios info, click on version or pre version and see if f53 is suported then follow directions to switch the bios file for the one included in the hp download

any problems or sucess post here good luck

Thank You

best way is to go to hp website, click on downloads section, enter info, look for bios info, click on version or pre version and see if f53 is suported then follow directions to switch the bios file for the one included in the hp download

any problems or sucess post here good luck

I just bought a wifi card on ebay a few days ago and Im afraid that its will not be on the whitelist. Its a AR5BXB6 card and I have a dv9200 CTO laptop. Im currently at the latest official bios F.2C and you can download it at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3204947

If it wouldn't be a problem could someone mod this bios to allow any wifi card?

Thanks

I just bought a wifi card on ebay a few days ago and Im afraid that its will not be on the whitelist. Its a AR5BXB6 card and I have a dv9200 CTO laptop. Im currently at the latest official bios F.2C and you can download it at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...product=3204947

If it wouldn't be a problem could someone mod this bios to allow any wifi card?

Thanks

f27 is already patched and that works with your laptop

Well I did some work on the latest BIOS for the dv9200 intel laptop the F.2C BIOS. I followed what people said on this thread and made this patched file at the bottom.

I used Phoenix Bios Editor to extract and used HexIt to change the F9 stc to F8 clc in BIOSCOD4.rom and I also checked it in HexWorkshop 5 and saw that at offset 0x1505 the hex was changed from F9 to F8. Then I rebuilt it in Phoenix bios editor. Unfortunately my laptop (a dv9200 CTO) is being used by my friend and he wont be back until this Sunday. If anyone wants to try this out feel free. If the whitelist is gone and everything else works tell me because I plan on using this on my laptop when it gets back.

Thanks

Here is the file I made.

http://awesomeoreviews.com/OTHER/30BBF2C-HACKED.zip

Well I did some work on the latest BIOS for the dv9200 intel laptop the F.2C BIOS. I followed what people said on this thread and made this patched file at the bottom.

I used Phoenix Bios Editor to extract and used HexIt to change the F9 stc to F8 clc in BIOSCOD4.rom and I also checked it in HexWorkshop 5 and saw that at offset 0x1505 the hex was changed from F9 to F8. Then I rebuilt it in Phoenix bios editor. Unfortunately my laptop (a dv9200 CTO) is being used by my friend and he wont be back until this Sunday. If anyone wants to try this out feel free. If the whitelist is gone and everything else works tell me because I plan on using this on my laptop when it gets back.

Thanks

Here is the file I made.

http://awesomeoreviews.com/OTHER/30BBF2C-HACKED.zip

thats very wierd because when i was modifing these bios, the f9 lock had been disabled by hp and moved to biosrom 1 which you can not easily move with out bricking your computer, i hope this does work for you, but all the f series bios i have seen are like this so i don't know why this one would be different.

Good luck

kev

thats very wierd because when i was modifing these bios, the f9 lock had been disabled by hp and moved to biosrom 1 which you can not easily move with out bricking your computer, i hope this does work for you, but all the f series bios i have seen are like this so i don't know why this one would be different.

Can you explain the lock in later bios to me? I don't want to brick my laptop for something that could be avoided. Also since my laptop dose not have a floppy drive how could I use a recovery floppy to fix if I bricked it?

Can you explain the lock in later bios to me? I don't want to brick my laptop for something that could be avoided. Also since my laptop dose not have a floppy drive how could I use a recovery floppy to fix if I bricked it?

floppy can be usb, so worst case jsut borrow one if something happens. For the lock being moved, when you open the hex editor and search for e414 or 8086 the hex before that used to be f9 then we changed it to f8, and that removed the check. With the new bios the already disabled this and moved the lock to different rom. If when you open the rom with hex editor, and it is still f9 just go ahead and try it. As for the offsets you listed those were not the correct ones with the 51 or 53 bios so not sure what you are changing. Also bios editor unpacks bios different some times, but rebuilds correctly so maybe those are the correct offsets, do you see the whitelisted cards after the hex.

just be careful changing things

kev

OK, please bear with me as I have never been accused of being a genius.

There was a post earlier about the compaq c700 using the f27 bios. I got that, but when I tried to flash the bios with the 30BBf27-PATCHED.WPH file, I got a "platform" error, file= AT6. Needless to say I cancelled the flash due to bricking concerns.

So, two questions, am I attempting the flash incorrectly? Should I be trying a different bios?

A little hand holding here would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, all of you guys kick ass- your skills are beyond comprehension.

-Z

I see what you saying. I looked though all of the BIOSCOD roms and BIOSCOD4.ROM was the only one that had the E414 hex in it and before it had the F9 hex. I have a photo of what I'm seeing in the attachment. I have already changed the F9 to F8 though.

post-42663-1216913360_thumb.jpg

OK, please bear with me as I have never been accused of being a genius.

There was a post earlier about the compaq c700 using the f27 bios. I got that, but when I tried to flash the bios with the 30BBf27-PATCHED.WPH file, I got a "platform" error, file= AT6. Needless to say I cancelled the flash due to bricking concerns.

So, two questions, am I attempting the flash incorrectly? Should I be trying a different bios?

A little hand holding here would be greatly appreciated.

By the way, all of you guys kick ass- your skills are beyond comprehension.

-Z

yes your computer uses the f27 bios, you need to go to hp website, download the file then can just open the file where saved on hard drive then change bios. How new is your computer would this be a downgrade or not that might be the error bios might not have info for your setup if its newer? I will look into hacking the newer one for you

are you a chef, with that handle

I see what you saying. I looked though all of the BIOSCOD roms and BIOSCOD4.ROM was the only one that had the E414 hex in it and before it had the F9 hex. I have a photo of what I'm seeing in the attachment. I have already changed the F9 to F8 though.

thats the magic one, guess that bios is still good. Worst case it won't brick it it will just get error if anything, but looks good to me

I have a DV6885se, with a 8086:423/ 4965AGN Do I need to do this to make it work with OSX? Or do I need some kind of driver to make it work?

if you want to try to use 4965 use javalous code from google not very mature and only open wifi, if not this toipic is about hacking the bios to allow non-hp wifi cards to be booted, your bios would be the same as mine, the f53 which works great. then all you have to do is chose a card that is supported in osx

kevd_hackin,

The c700, or c762nr, is fairly new. The most current BIOS for the machine is the f33. I appreciate your speedy response, and yes, I was a chef for 12 years, until about 3 months ago- I've gone back to school to finish my degree.

It would be great if you could take a crack at that one for me. I surely would either have to ask a million questions and still probably brick.

Take Care

-Z

kevd_hackin,

The c700, or c762nr, is fairly new. The most current BIOS for the machine is the f33. I appreciate your speedy response, and yes, I was a chef for 12 years, until about 3 months ago- I've gone back to school to finish my degree.

It would be great if you could take a crack at that one for me. I surely would either have to ask a million questions and still probably brick.

Take Care

-Z

will do just give me a couple days and i'll post it back here. What career are you changing to, i always think about getting out of the kitchen to do other things, but never do. just like it to much and have been doing it for so long.

Kevin

I remade the F.2C BIOS but added AR5BXB6 vendor and sub ids to the white list and left it the F9 hex alone. Can you take a look at this screen shot to see if everything is up to par? The screen shot is http://awesomeoreviews.com/OTHER/BIOSCOD4_ADD.jpg and the notepad file shows the AR5BXB6 ids. The remade BIOS is http://awesomeoreviews.com/OTHER/30BBF2C-HACKED-NWL.zip

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.

kevd,

Informations Systems. The hours and strain of cooking were getting to me. I never had time to do anything I wanted to.

-Z

thanks for working on the BIOS. If there's anything professionally you want to discuss, PM me.

For anyone who might be interested, I found a way to hack the F2.A and F2.B bios for the hp dv2700 / dv2800 series laptops. There are two files that need to be modified after decompressing the bios file with Phoenix BIOS Editor: BIOSCOD3.ROM and MOD_5100.ROM. Open these files with your favorite hex editor and find & replace the values E4 14 15 43 with your VendorID and DeviceID on both files. For example, my wireless adaptor is a Broadcom with VenID=14E4 and DeviceID=4328; the final values would be E4 14 28 43. Next, find & replace the values 3C 10 7D 13 with your card's SubsysID. On my case, my SubsysID is 1366103C. My file will then have the following values: 3C 10 66 13. Please note that on both cases you will have to swap some hex values so be careful. This method replaces a card on the bios whitelist with your card's ids. Finally, compile the bios and update it! I am not responsible for anything that might happen to your laptop.

Peace Out

will do just give me a couple days and i'll post it back here. What career are you changing to, i always think about getting out of the kitchen to do other things, but never do. just like it to much and have been doing it for so long.

Kevin

OMG, I just bought a C700 laptop today, and trying to get this thing work with dell 1390 and dell 1490. Of course neither one of them worked, and I've been looking for a solution. Finally, I see a solution!!! I can't wait to see your next post!