hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

is there any chance of helping a guy out with the dv2500t bios? there are very similar but not the bios is not compatible from what i can tell on hp's website since the current bios updates for both laptops are different sp_____.exe files. i have already bricked my laptop once trying this and i'd rather not do it again ;)

any input would be really appreciated. i'm not using a broadcom card since the 1390 i bought online was DOA i gave up on it and i'd like to get my atheros card working and since all this hack does is simply edit the device list it could probably be done couldn't it?

what os are u using, what bios version do u want

is there any chance of helping a guy out with the dv2500t bios? there are very similar but not the bios is not compatible from what i can tell on hp's website since the current bios updates for both laptops are different sp_____.exe files. i have already bricked my laptop once trying this and i'd rather not do it again :wacko:

any input would be really appreciated. i'm not using a broadcom card since the 1390 i bought online was DOA i gave up on it and i'd like to get my atheros card working and since all this hack does is simply edit the device list it could probably be done couldn't it?

heres the bios for f25 for vista for the dv2500t hope this is the right one, if you are not using vista, let me know. good luck and keep us posted on results

edit-- don't download this problems with some users, trying to work out problems now, will repost if i get it working ---deleted link

its just sitting here, just like the last bios hack attempt. no splash, no screen response at all. just fans and the LED's.

got a way to fix it?

google pheonix crisis recovery floppy, also need to download a stock bios from hp to put on the disk, when you insert the disk, remove battery and unplug computer, plug in and hold down function key and b then power on, some models need to hold windows key and b

please tell me exactly how you are flashing your bios when this happens, because the bios is not corrupt, several others have used this with out problems

i have been using the phoenix winflash utility from the hp download, i simply switched in the patched version with the advanced mode. if there is a better way, please let me know :censored2:

edit 2: laptop is officially no longer a doorstop! steps listed below for other dv2500t users who have bricked their laptop due to a bad bios flash:

1. download attached utility

2. download current BIOS update from hp for your laptop model

3. using the .bat file, create your recovery floppy

4. extract .WPH file from hp update and replace as BIOS.WPH on your new recovery disk

5. remove battery and power cord

6. press and hold win+b

7. plug in AC power and press power button

(note, laptop WILL beep very loudly. i recommend doing this in a time/place where you will not disturb other people. I did this at about midnight so I put the whole setup into my dryer and closed the door as soon as i got some beeping.)

8. laptop will begin to read the floppy and recover the bios. after you get the beeping, i would leave the room and come back.

9. i returned about 15 minutes later, restarted the computer and everything was just fine.

of course YMMV depending on your specific situation, but this worked for me.

CRISDISK.zip

big thanks to kevd_hackin, used his f53 bios, flashed onto my HP dv9500t with no problem, installed my new Gigabyte AirCruiser N300 (agn) (atheros 5008 chipset) mini pci express, and now am typing dongle free from leopard. OS X immediately recognized it upon boot. i had the 4965 agn and had been waiting for kext from jalavoui, but it took to long, found the gigabyte on ebay for $35 bucks shipped and now OS X is 100% working. Thanks again.

guys,

something funny happens when you open the bios for the 2500 and 2700 series, you get error messages about rom sector three being corrupt when you read through the messages in the logs, even thought it shows as a sucessful build, be very careful modifing these bios, as internetadam discovered very easy to brick your computer, I didn't get this error message when i build his, but i think they are connected, basically the editor is misreading the bios, then rebuilding it incorrectly, i should be able to work around it but only flash these bios if you have recovery disks. Internetadam was nice enough to post them above. will keep everyone updated

Hey kevd,

can you please post, in detail, the steps you did to get the f.53 bios to remove the whitelist?

I'm familiar with phoenix bios editing and i know about doctorj's post, but i was wondering mainly what file you edited and at what off set and how you found it.

i'm trying to do something as well with it,

Thanks

Just wondering if there's any fix for an amd DV9205ca, I took the broadcom card out of there and put it in my dv6135ca, 10.5.2 running amazing on it. However, the intel based card i took from the 6000 series is apparently black listed on the 9000 series I have. I'd like to slap XP on there and give it to my girlfriend as I really have no need for it. Any help would be wicked appreciated.

before kill my laptop i ask.

I have presario C500 and i follow your instruction but i don't find at 1505 F9 stc to be change F8 clc.

I tried to download bios of compaq6000 and i find F9 blah blah.

I find F9 stc at 1F45 and i assume is it because after and before i see the same parameters of your bios.rom

Can you look my bios and suggest me?

I have updated my bios to F.24 .

Someone has modyfied bios for c500 ? If yes can post it?

Any suggestion are like.

This is bios of my presario c500 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35501-36000/sp35954.exe

If you help me i can help many peoples with same laptop,i see it is many many people with mac osx and we have same problem.

thanks

Bye

Just wondering if there's any fix for an amd DV9205ca, I took the broadcom card out of there and put it in my dv6135ca, 10.5.2 running amazing on it. However, the intel based card i took from the 6000 series is apparently black listed on the 9000 series I have. I'd like to slap XP on there and give it to my girlfriend as I really have no need for it. Any help would be wicked appreciated.
what bios does it use, i believe its not pheonix, but don't know.. If you tell me and the bios revision you use, we can try and edit it, you might have to do the actual edit.
Hey kevd,can you please post, in detail, the steps you did to get the f.53 bios to remove the whitelist?I'm familiar with phoenix bios editing and i know about doctorj's post, but i was wondering mainly what file you edited and at what off set and how you found it.i'm trying to do something as well with it,Thanks
unload the bios by installing off hp website, don't flash, open the bios with editor, open rom4 search e414 before the list for broadcom starts you will see the f9 edit this just like the doctorj post. What are you trying to edit, I have overclocked both my gpu and cpu using bios edit, but both of those are in different rom sectors. Make sure you make a crisis recovery floppy before u begin, I didn't need mine with the wifi, but did when I edited the gpuGood luck and keep us posted!!!kev

before kill my laptop i ask.

I have presario C500 and i follow your instruction but i don't find at 1505 F9 stc to be change F8 clc.

I tried to download bios of compaq6000 and i find F9 blah blah.

I find F9 stc at 1F45 and i assume is it because after and before i see the same parameters of your bios.rom

Can you look my bios and suggest me?

I have updated my bios to F.24 .

Someone has modyfied bios for c500 ? If yes can post it?

Any suggestion are like.

This is bios of my presario c500 ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp35501-36000/sp35954.exe

If you help me i can help many peoples with same laptop,i see it is many many people with mac osx and we have same problem.

thanks

Bye

modifing the bios for this laptop is easy, removing the whitelist completly is ALOT harder on these, the lock is not put in the same place and changing a f9 to an f8 will most likely brick your computer, however bios editor reads these easily, so open up, search for e414 or 8086 in rom 4 and change the card id to the one you want to use. If you need more detailed instructions just ask and I will repost them. If you are unsure of what you are doing, make a crisis recovery first, it usually will unbrick your comp, internetadam has a post earlier here with the files and directions for use, we are still trying to hack the whitelist out of this and the bios for 2700t also, I believe the lock is in rom1, which is not something you want to mess with very much. If anyone else has info or help just let us know, I really screwed my system up the only time i messed with rom1, when I was overclocking cpu-- mostly my fault, cpu couldn't handle past 3.2 but still don't want to mess with that very much. Also easiest way to find ids is to sleep comp, change cards and go to device manager. Good luck Kev

Reading forum i understand that this problem is mini pci-express slot and isnt a kext or device id problem.

Only for freedom i want hack bios and for this i wait for KEV and hope he find solution and unlock bios.

Good work kev!

I think you make happy all community of C500.

I understand what do you do and you are recklessly.

I dont have floppy and have to make usb key bootable.

Bye and Good Luck!!!

I've applied the BIOS patch to my HP Dv6663cl with sucess but nothing happens into OS X. I try to turn Airport on but it is always off. And the wireless led indicator is always orange by the way...Any tips???
Monkey,You are miss understanding the point of this bios hack, it is to remove wireless whitelist"which means you can now put any mini pci express card in your laptop." Best bet with os x is atheros 5008 or broadcom 4321, i personaly think atheros is a little better, but i was using a dell 1500 before that i got for $7 on ebay, dell 1505 also works. those are all n, if you just want g google to see whats compatible. If you want to stick with intel 4965--I DON'T RECOMEND.. you can google it and should find someone working on it named jawarouli?-not right but something like that iwidarwin is the name of the project, porting linux drivers to osx, not stable, no encryption, and lots of kernel panics. not alot of fun if you ask me.. but he is working hard and doing good things, just needs to mature, this might have already changed, i'm out of the loop, not important to me anymore, i have airport now.Good luck keep us posted on sucess/failuresKev:censored2:
Reading forum i understand that this problem is mini pci-express slot and isnt a kext or device id problem.Only for freedom i want hack bios and for this i wait for KEV and hope he find solution and unlock bios.Good work kev!I think you make happy all community of C500.I understand what do you do and you are recklessly.I dont have floppy and have to make usb key bootable.Bye and Good Luck!!!
working on it now, looking for source from hp, my chinese sucks- non existint, so friends are looking for it now, once i get that i will have lots of not free time. Will be a while, but once done i will locate the new lock.

Wow... thanks for the explanation kevd_hackin!!! I was really missing the point here 'cause I've thought the the BIOS hack would emulate in some way another wi-fi card... hum, I'm a newbie here and now I'm one step further in understanding all this!!! Once again, thank you!!! For the moment I don't intend buying a PCI wifi card... so, when I need I'll boot Vista and use wireless...

Hello all,

this question Kevin might be able to answer..

I have a DV6735ez, have downloaded the tweaked F53 BIOS, done the Winphlash64 thing and rebooted. No problems so far. I want to replace the existing Intel 3945ABG with the AR5005GS 108MB card. Do you think I will be free from the -104 error on a reboot ??

TIA

Johnnie