hp dv6000t laptop

riffraff

272 posts in this topic

Any chance of anyone explaining how to pull this off for a Compaq 6710b ? I tried using the version put out out for the dv model, but it just locks up the laptop.

I really need to get this to work, any help would be greatly appreciated.

567302B113660FBC is what i see when i go to that offset. is it possible that it could be in a different place since this is a different bios and all?

in fact, when i search for e414 i don't even come up with anything.

Same here.

bump! anybody who can help is welcome to jump in. my options right now are to either hope i can mod my bios successfully or hope we can get working intel 4965 wifi kexts and i have a feeling that the bios will be working sooner than the kexts will be.

i asked for help over at mydigitallife.info (i think thats what site it was) where they do some bios modding but it is only for vista OEM activation and a mod shot me down on getting help with the blacklist :)

Hi.

I´m from Brazil, sorry my language.

I have problem, I have HP dv6230 /turion mk-36, and wireless broacom 4311…

acquire atheros AR5BXB6, and install notebook, 104 unsupported wireless network

Please your have bios resolve my problem?

I have been poking, playing around, and learning how to patch/hack the BIOS in the past two days, and I have successfully patch the BIOS on my HP DV6500T with any card I want. I patched the latest firmware F.53 to include the Broadcom BCM94321MC and the Dell 1390 or BCM94311MCG into the whitelist.

I'm still trying to figure which antenna to use at this point as I can only get the Broadcom BCM94231KFBG with pre-N to connect at 24mbps. With the Intel 4965AGN, I was able to connect to my router at 54mbps. The broadcom only have two antenna connector whereas the Intel 4965AGN has three antenna connector.

Here's the patched for the latest firmware F.53:

http://rapidshare.com/files/114623219/30CCF53-PATCH.rar

I have a dv9628ca laptop and the all the hacked bios in this topic result in a unsupported hardware error using the winflash utility.

has anyone had any luck hacking the bios on the dv9500 series?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

I have a dv9628ca laptop and the all the hacked bios in this topic result in a unsupported hardware error using the winflash utility.

has anyone had any luck hacking the bios on the dv9500 series?

any help would be appreciated.

thanks

The DV9500 and DV6500 uses the same BIOS. If you search for the DV6500 CTO you will get the same BIOS. Since your dv9628ca falls into the DV9500 series, it uses the same BIOS also.

Remember all wireless mini pci-e card have different SUBSYS ID so what we are doing is adding our own SUBSYS ID into the BIOS whitelist. You will need to install the wireless card into another laptop that doesn't have a lock BIOS to get the VEN and SUBSYS ID, then add that info into the BIOS, rebuild the BIOS, and update the laptop.

Thanks for your help.

I used the bios you posted as i have a dell 1390 on the way from ebay.

I download the stock firmware from hp to get the latest winflash and i had to edit the phlash file to specify the hacked bios.

Thanks for your help.

I used the bios you posted as i have a dell 1390 on the way from ebay.

I download the stock firmware from hp to get the latest winflash and i had to edit the phlash file to specify the hacked bios.

Here's the Windows's driver for the Dell DW 1390. It took me awhile to locate the driver. I've attached the driver here to make life easier for you guys. I got the driver off Dell's website and I have to extract the files to get these.

DW_1390.rar

Please Help,

i have got a gigabyte card with the ateros chipset the id is 168c 0024 e916 1458

i edited the hex to 8c16 2400 5814 16e9 and then rebuild bios and i still get 104 error? What am I doing wrong please help.

thanks

v is f53

I have been poking, playing around, and learning how to patch/hack the BIOS in the past two days, and I have successfully patch the BIOS on my HP DV6500T with any card I want. I patched the latest firmware F.53 to include the Broadcom BCM94321MC and the Dell 1390 or BCM94311MCG into the whitelist.

I'm still trying to figure which antenna to use at this point as I can only get the Broadcom BCM94231KFBG with pre-N to connect at 24mbps. With the Intel 4965AGN, I was able to connect to my router at 54mbps. The broadcom only have two antenna connector whereas the Intel 4965AGN has three antenna connector.

Here's the patched for the latest firmware F.53:

http://rapidshare.com/files/114623219/30CCF53-PATCH.rar

I can't seem to get Phoenix Bios editor to read my 30CCF53.WPH, What did you use to extract the Modules?

I can't seem to get Phoenix Bios editor to read my 30CCF53.WPH, What did you use to extract the Modules?

all you have to do to read the bios file is show it where it is, so after you download and install the hp update just don't flash when it gets that far, it should or it did for me save mine to c:/swsetup/sp39158 and that is it. I am able to read and edit but even after i whitelist the cards i have i still get 104

I patched the lastest BIOS for my (F.29) DV6200 Intel based laptop. This patch is tested on my laptop and disables the error screen with my 4965AGN card installed. I don't know if this patch works on AMD or not. USE PATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BRICKS.

Back up your BIOS verify checksum and flash. You might have to manually select the BIOS image before flashing (30BBF29.WPH).

http://www.mediafire.com/?dj9jewjbiwe

the_mist,

is the 30BBF29.WPH file a patched file? If it is, as I understand it, all you have to do is put that file location for the new bios image and flash, is that correct? Will this work for the DV 9000T?

I used WinRAR to extract the BIOS exe file. After extraction, there will be a folder than contains a couple of folder and a bunch of files. There you will find the BIOS file 30CCF53.WPH. From there I use the Phoenix BIOS editor. Once the BIOS has been open in Phoenix BIOS editor, go into Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\BIOS Editor\TEMP\BIOSCOD4.ROM. The BIOSCOD4.ROM is the file you want to edit. See attachment.

As you can see in the screenshot, certain E4 14 and 86 80 are the only wireless card supported in my DV6500T laptop.

Updated: I swapped for the DW 1390 for testing, and the results is the same. The speed drop remains. After further testing, my 2wire router/AP wireless signal is probably failing. Computers connected via RJ45 works great, except for wireless. Also DW 1390 needs PIN 20 to be taped off in order for it to work. The Broadcom BCM94321MC Draft-802.11n is a HP part so it works fine with the on/off switch in the front; without needing PIN 20 to be taped off.

post-78089-1211221432_thumb.jpg

I used WinRAR to extract the BIOS exe file. After extraction, there will be a folder than contains a couple of folder and a bunch of files. There you will find the BIOS file 30CCF53.WPH. From there I use the Phoenix BIOS editor. Once the BIOS has been open in Phoenix BIOS editor, go into Program Files\Phoenix Technologies Ltd\BIOS Editor\TEMP\BIOSCOD4.ROM. The BIOSCOD4.ROM is the file you want to edit. See attachment.

As you can see in the screenshot, certain E4 14 and 86 80 are the only wireless card supported in my DV6500T laptop.

Updated: I swapped for the DW 1390 for testing, and the results is the same. The speed drop remains. After further testing, my 2wire router/AP wireless signal is probably failing. Computers connected via RJ45 works great, except for wireless. Also DW 1390 needs PIN 20 to be taped off in order for it to work. The Broadcom BCM94321MC Draft-802.11n is a HP part so it works fine with the on/off switch in the front; without needing PIN 20 to be taped off.

I can't open it, PBE errors out, I can't open your PATCH F53 rom, What Ver. of PBE are you using?

I've got 2.2.0.1.

I can open other Bios in it, but not any F53 or F54, any clue?

hi guys,

after having many problems adding cards to my whitelist, i downgraded to bios f33 and was about to add the cards ids when i saw a f9 one hex row up, i went back to doctorj's post and looked at his and it looked the same, except at a different offset, so i changed this to f8 and rebuild, flashed and prayed. booted up fine, the switched cards, rebooted and waited.. no 104 errror, so put in another card and again no 104 error. I have completely removed the whitelist check from my bios. Hopefully this works for others, i will be trying with 53 this weekend. Make sure to make a crisis recovery floppy before trying this one, it did not brick my computer, but who knows

kev

dv9700t with dell 1500 and gigabyte atheros 5008 both workingBIOS.rar

hi guys,

after having many problems adding cards to my whitelist, i downgraded to bios f33 and was about to add the cards ids when i saw a f9 one hex row up, i went back to doctorj's post and looked at his and it looked the same, except at a different offset, so i changed this to f8 and rebuild, flashed and prayed. booted up fine, the switched cards, rebooted and waited.. no 104 errror, so put in another card and again no 104 error. I have completely removed the whitelist check from my bios. Hopefully this works for others, i will be trying with 53 this weekend. Make sure to make a crisis recovery floppy before trying this one, it did not brick my computer, but who knows

kev

dv9700t with dell 1500 and gigabyte atheros 5008 both workingBIOS.rar

Keep us updated on the the F.53 BIOS. I read in other post regarding F9, and saw the F9 (as seen in the screenshot in post #116) in the BIOS I was editing but was reluctant to modify that to F8. Do please report back if you got good results; if the result is positive, I'll have to edit the F9 to F8. Otherwise I don't want to brick my laptop since all is working fine now.

yes, f53 works with the removal of wireless whitelist.

here is the patched bios

to install: download the f53 bios from hp, and install it go all the way to flashing, but do not flash exit the program.

open c:\swsetup\sp39158/swinflash replace the bios file with this one, and run the applicationm to flash the bios.

http://rapidshare.com/files/118211749/BIOS.WPH.html

this did not brick my laptop but dont try with caution

yes, f53 works with the removal of wireless whitelist.

here is the patched bios

to install: download the f53 bios from hp, and install it go all the way to flashing, but do not flash exit the program.

open c:\swsetup\sp39158/swinflash replace the bios file with this one, and run the applicationm to flash the bios.

http://rapidshare.com/files/118211749/BIOS.WPH.html

this did not brick my laptop but dont try with caution

COOL

this one worked for my laptop: HP DV9595ED a HP 9500 series laptop or HP 9000 series.

specs: intel core 2 duo T7300 2.0GHz; nvidia 8600GS; 2Gb;320GB; realtec High definition audio ALC268

I first tried to change the bios myself, but wans't really confident I could do it. so I tested several others first, without any success (also the one from extremeae in witch I found my two specific WiFi cards) I have the Dell-1390 and a HP sparepart with BCM94321MCP1 chip rev 0A

the both clear the bios posting and work well in windows Vista.

BUT, both wifi cards are not automaticly recognized by OSX...

I have read from other users that these cards should/could work.

I run Version 10.5.2 Build 9C7010 (upgraded from toH_x86_9A581_RC2)

icon9.gifanyone with ideas??

or am I such a noob that I forget to install someting else before I can get the wireless working on OSX

David

Delft, The Netherlands.

PS. If you live nearby and fancy a dell1390 wifi, I have 2 now...

BUT, both wifi cards are not automaticly recognized by OSX...

I have read from other users that these cards should/could work.

I run Version 10.5.2 Build 9C7010 (upgraded from toH_x86_9A581_RC2)

icon9.gifanyone with ideas??

or am I such a noob that I forget to install someting else before I can get the wireless working on OSX

David

Delft, The Netherlands.

PS. If you live nearby and fancy a dell1390 wifi, I have 2 now...

Go into System Preferences, Network. Click on Airport, and click on Turm Airport On, enter all the wireless info. That's all there is to it.

I have the same Broadcom BCM94321MCP1 card and it works great!

Go into System Preferences, Network. Click on Airport, and click on Turm Airport On, enter all the wireless info. That's all there is to it.

I have the same Broadcom BCM94321MCP1 card and it works great!

ehhh,

I don't have an "airport" in network.....

is there any chance of helping a guy out with the dv2500t bios? there are very similar but not the bios is not compatible from what i can tell on hp's website since the current bios updates for both laptops are different sp_____.exe files. i have already bricked my laptop once trying this and i'd rather not do it again ;)

any input would be really appreciated. i'm not using a broadcom card since the 1390 i bought online was DOA i gave up on it and i'd like to get my atheros card working and since all this hack does is simply edit the device list it could probably be done couldn't it?