• Please log in to reply
271 replies to this topic

fernando.kreutz

fernando.kreutz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
i cant understand why bios recovery work on some lappys and in mine don't. it's really strange. mine is dv2660br described in signature, and i really tryed almos everything to recovery it without opening to change the bios chip. if somebody heard about a successfull recovery on a dv2600 or dv200 series, please tell me what this cherlock holmes done!! else tell me why or try explaining why it dont work! ;)

thanks at all

ps. atached i uploaded 30cdf2b (F.2B) bios i've flashed and bricked my lappy. the bios i had before was 30cdf2d (F.2D) hp retail.

Attached Files

redratfish

redratfish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
i found out that the hack bios differs from the original in my external programmer hex view. for the dv5000 intel same as dv8000 intel which is one of the laptop that cant be bios hacked.
so maybe pheonix bios editor is not rebuilding the bios correctly. checksum is different too .

i now find that hacking the wifi card is much safer with less head ache when things go wrong.

modman

modman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all very new to this and im desperately in need of a hack for my compaq 6910p laptop.

I need to find the location of the whitelist. Ive searched and searched again for my vendor ID/device ID but have had no joy.

Wifi card : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AG
Ven ID: 86 80
Dev ID: 29 42
Subsys: 10018086 > 86 80 01 10

The reason for this is i wish to upgrade to a Gigabyte Aircruiser N300. wI06N-rh.

Ive found this at OFFSET 000113D8 but its an id for Intel 3945gb not the 4965AG i have installed

6200 6BC2 008C 2201 AD82 0100 F58E 4102 1661 0086 8022 42AF 3C10 5B13

Bios file is attached Attached File  68MCU.rar   548.68KB   3 downloads

Hope someone can help me out ne help will be greatly recieved, willing to give cash rewards for a solution.

regards
Modman

redratfish

redratfish

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
for reference one of the reason why some laptops get bricked eg the dv5000. after editing the bioscod1.mod the size is changed, because of the file size change. phoenix bios editor do not compress the bios correctly. so you have to edit some more of the other wifi ids untill you get the same size as the original before edit.

Flapjack

Flapjack

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I just finished reading all 13 pages of this thread. As far as I can tell, only one person has hacked an AMD dv6000/9000, and that is 2501. I tried PMing, as he suggested, but I can't tell if my PMs are going anywhere. When I try to send one, it seems to complete without error, but there is nothing in my "Sent" box. I even checked my forum options to see if putting a copy in the Sent folder was disabled, but I couldn't find squat.

At any rate, here is the information on my laptop, as well as the card I would like to put in there.

External casing badging: dv9000

The bottom label:
HP Pavilion dv9500
S/N: CNF73918HH
P/N: GS718UA#ADA
dv9610us

The card I ordered is the 300M Atheros 5008 802.11n wireless card. Here is the link on Ebay

Now that I have the card, it obviously doesn't say "5008" anywhere, though I have no doubt that's what the chipset is. Here is the information on the card:

Company: AzureWave
Model No: AR5BXB72

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

Mr0wyx

Mr0wyx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello!

I wanted to change my default Broadcom BCM94321MC wireless card to Gigabyte GN-WS50G on HP Pavilion DV6449us laptop (AMD Turion x2 processor). But the same error message. ;) Searched in hex for "F9" (F.40 and F.3D firmware) but it is missing. Is there any way to remove this damn whitelist? Please help!

Thank you!

Mr0wyx

Mr0wyx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi again!

I have tried to add/change device ID in bios but no success. Bios is not starting. So patch does not work on HP Pavilion DV6449us AMD laptop firmware version F.40. Now I am waiting for USB Floppy from my friend. :)

fernando.kreutz

fernando.kreutz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I'VE DONE THAT AND WHAT HAPPENED????? I'VE GOT A WORKING BROADCOM WLAN CARD IN AN HP DV2660 LAPTOP!!!!! SO, DON'T BIOS HACK ANYMORE, CHANGE THE BROADCOM SUB ID'S AND ENJOY!!!

link for how to change the ID's: http://linuxwireless...ers/Drivers/b43

Attached Files

theCollector

theCollector

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Good news!! :D F27 is now patched and working without a whitelist!! Have fun with it. Intel dv6000 and dv9000 models ONLY. http://rapidshare.co...431/sp36368.rar

For those who care to know why my previous attempt failed, it seems that I accidentally put the F8 into the decimal field in my hex editor instead of in the hex field, which converted it to some other value! Yes, it was a boneheaded mistake. :wacko:

so! i flashed my dv9000 with this bios and now i can't boot windows without a BSOD, or osx without the circle-of-death at the load menu. please help??

kevd_hackin

kevd_hackin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I

Well, as you can see, many people are now trying to hack their bioses and after that they get a non-working laptop with a {censored}ed bios. I've got the same problem some months ago, and floppy recovery don't worked, so i sent my lappy back to hp warranty. What they've done? Replaced entire motherboard! Well, after this problem, i decided to hang up on bios hacks, but, now i'll get OS X working with a 4965agn card? Hummm, i've bought a HP retail broadcom bcm4311 wireless card, and as it is blocked under bios, i could not install it without getting the 104-wireless card unsuported. But as i mentioned in another post, i've saw that is possible to change the subvendor and the subpruduct ID's under linux, so what i've done? Changed them, but no working yet, but why? WTF???? WELL HUNNEYS, HP BLOCKED ALL WIRELESS CARDS ELSE THE ONDE THAT CAME INSTALLED WITH YOUR LAPPY! so how i'll got it working now? HAVE U EVER THOUGHT ON CHANGING IT'S SUB ID'S TO THE SAME OF YOUR WORKING WLAN CAR? NO???????? COME ON GUYS!!!!! I'VE DONE THAT AND WHAT HAPPENED????? I'VE GOT A WORKING BROADCOM WLAN CARD IN AN HP DV2660 LAPTOP!!!!! SO, DON'T BIOS HACK ANYMORE, CHANGE THE BROADCOM SUB ID'S AND ENJOY!!!

link for how to change the ID's: http://linuxwireless...ers/Drivers/b43

This is just changing the eprom rom, yes it works on some cards, those that it works on this is the best method. But it only works on certain cards. If you had done any research, this has been around a long time, so before you freak out on people, look around and read a little.

theCollector

theCollector

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
alright people, i need some pointers here. I booted a USB Windows XP release and flashed the bios back to a legit HP f29, and STILL i can't load my OS. I'm only getting the BSOD. what do i do now?

EDIT: New symptom. When i booted the windows XP install disk to reinstall windows, the install fails because there are "no hard disks installed"

fernando.kreutz

fernando.kreutz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

alright people, i need some pointers here. I booted a USB Windows XP release and flashed the bios back to a legit HP f29, and STILL i can't load my OS. I'm only getting the BSOD. what do i do now?

EDIT: New symptom. When i booted the windows XP install disk to reinstall windows, the install fails because there are "no hard disks installed"

is your harddrive serial ata? if is, maybe the old bios was pointed to be a ide serial ata mode and now is ahci serial ata mode. Try booting with vista dvd, if it boots and recognize your harddrive, the problem is this. if not, we need more details to help you.

if the problem is the ahci, try to put the ahci driver of your chipset on a usb pendrive, boot into xp install cd and try to install the driver, if not possible, i think you'll need to re-install xp with a modded cd, with your sata ahci drivers

theCollector

theCollector

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
yes, my drives are serial ata's. and i think you're right with the bios. I'm tryin the vista disc now.

question, when i'm booting into windows, it shows the windows loader screen and starts working, THEN crashes. so it's still finding the hard drive. could this still be a change in hard drive mode?

EDIT: Alright fernando.kreutz, you are my new hero! vista see's the harddrives no problem! Now, how do i go about fixing it so windows can see the drives too?

also, my mac install is also having issues. It gets stuck on the startup screen. could it be caused by the same issue?

EDIT2: after much searching and reading i've figured out how to load the AHCI drivers into an nlite install of xp. so now i'm back up and running on the windows side. AND with the f27 modded bios i might add, so mission accomplished there.

How do i load the mac install with this driver? Or do i even need to?

thanks!

markpenn

markpenn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
I am using DV6500 (it says so in the bios, ) but it's a.k.a. dv6628us

using 10.5.6
but I haven't got the sleep working since day 1.with 10.5

anyone got it working?
thanks.

Mike the Pirate

Mike the Pirate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Has anyone been able to successfully patch the F.2C [2008-05-26] Bios from HP?
I might have missed this one somewhere in the forum? :)

sp39360.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp39001-39500/sp39360.exe

Bios: 30BBF2C.WPH

I just want to get the wireless card white list removed so I can stick a Wireless N off ebay in there.

thanks,

Michael

F.2B is the biggest challange . this is wierd . why some are so easy to do and some like F.2B are almost impossible . it makes you think as if it has a dynamic program behind whatever you see inside the roms which everytime you touch anything . it'll disable itself. and untill now there is no phoenix bios editor that can open F.2B correctly. so all i can say god damn it what a luck.

rpol

rpol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
HI all i just Patched my BIOS for hp pavilion dv6000t. which is F.29 works perfect

http://rapidshare.co...307/sp38012.rar

daja_i_madh

daja_i_madh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
rpol

do you have intel or amd processor???? because i have amd procesor and i dont know if i can use this. for the moment i have F3D version for my dv6316eu but networking controller is not working : the device cannot start (code 10) :S

Mike the Pirate

Mike the Pirate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
The F.2C [2008-05-26] Bios from HP has been successfully patched?
I took the chance and it's fine. I have an Intel Processor. :rolleyes:

rpol

do you have intel or amd processor???? because i have amd procesor and i dont know if i can use this. for the moment i have F3D version for my dv6316eu but networking controller is not working : the device cannot start (code 10) :S

drhp

drhp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
To doctorj

Thanks alot to you doctorj ..as instructed on ur post i successfully flashed my bios version F.29 (latest) for the intel based HP Pavillion dv 6000t and got my wireless 3945abg replaced with wireless 5300 agn. It worked !!! No 104 error anymore. I got it running on both xp and vista on the same laptop. i havent got the 3rd antenna connected yet though. Can u instruct on doing so?
Can u post some more hacks n patches for dv6000t?

Thanks again..keep up the good work

Monkey_@@

Monkey_@@

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
I've got my DV6663cl almost perfect! Take a look here if you want to see it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy