RAM running at 1333 MHz, not 1600 MHz

4 posts in this topic

I have a GA-Z77-DS3H motherboard, and about a year ago, upgraded to some RipJaws F3-12800CL10Q-32GBXL (8 GB x4). Ever since the beginning, they have ran at 1333 MHz, even though they are supposed to run at 1600 MHz. They also run at 1.5 volts, which is what the motherboard supports. In the BIOS, I changed the multiplier from Auto to 16, but it still gets downgraded to 1333 MHz (it shows it in the BIOS as running at 1333 still). Is there possibly a basic thing I missed, or am I SOL?

Thanks!

Good morning!

You could try <key>XMPDetect</key> on <integer>1</integer> in your config.plist (if you use Clover), restart, set Intel X.M.P. to Profile #1 in your Bios/UEFI; restart normally.

Cordially,

As he said, the Bios says 1333, so, adding "XMP detect" in clover it wouldn't solve the issue.
Andrew first you need to enable XMP profile in Bios and see if the Frequency is correctly shown after a reboot, then you can enable the XMP detection in Clover...
In addition to that, you can enable "Trust" in the Clover's SMBios section.
  • Like 1

As he said, the Bios says 1333, so, adding "XMP detect" in clover it wouldn't solve the issue.
Andrew first you need to enable XMP profile in Bios and see if the Frequency is correctly shown after a reboot, then you can enable the XMP detection in Clover...
In addition to that, you can enable "Trust" in the Clover's SMBios section.

Doh! Stupid me. Thank you. I did not enable the XMP profile. Then adding the detection in Clover fixed it. I knew it had to be something dumb I was missing. Thank you very much!

• Like 1