Diskarb Error

Bachonga

24 posts in this topic

I can boot my 86 OK and all, but ever since the 10.4.8 update i have been getting a message close to

kextd[26] Could not setup diskarb session. Trying again soon.

10 seconds later it tries again, and then 1 more time, making it a 30 second longer boottime also.

Then it eventually comes up with "Iokwaitquit" and proceeds booting.

I don't really have a problem with the boot time, i mean thats not really a problem, its more to see if there is a bigger one, or if there is a way to fix it.

I can boot my 86 OK and all, but ever since the 10.4.8 update i have been getting a message close to

kextd[26] Could not setup diskarb session. Trying again soon.

10 seconds later it tries again, and then 1 more time, making it a 30 second longer boottime also.

Then it eventually comes up with "Iokwaitquit" and proceeds booting.

I don't really have a problem with the boot time, i mean thats not really a problem, its more to see if there is a bigger one, or if there is a way to fix it.

I get that error too about 5 or 6 times in succession but then rtoooooooo kicks in and system boots fine

I dont know, but i installed a clean 10.4.4 then did official apple 10.4.8 update replaced smbios.kext mach_kernel and some other kexts... ( i dont know if i did the right thing but i used the pre-compiled kernel that came with mifkis sources) Than rebooted.... now an everlasting diskarb erro!!! wtf!!! lol

Edit:i also put artoo in there to...

Do you mean Maxxus Decrypts from good 'ol 10.4.4?

I put artoo in there thinking that was enough... but i guess im wrong

Well, that's what I understood from Jas comments on mifki's Kernel:

My problem with Vitality's kernel hanging at the blue screen was that r2d2 was not working to decrypt the binaries for the gui to run,using the decrypted binaries with his kernel,and all is well.GIU and all.

Just after putting Apple's 10.4.8 combo and inserting mifki's (vitaliy's) kernel/smbios.kext i got the same problem on initial boot. Playing with boot switches didn't seemed to help, however i've put the -legacy switch and left the machine for ~30minutes. after that time my hackintosh rebooted (which is supposed normal for 10.4.8 upgrade) and worked fine later on.

It turned out that 10.4.8 ATA drivers were not using dedicated INTEL IDE, but generic IDE instead - my XBench disk transfers were as poor as 1MB/s. Editing the info.plist (following paulicat's guide) did the job - disk now operates as intended. Probably the initial boot is disk operations heavy and this makes problems with diskarb (which seem to wait for disk release). To be clear, i was NOT using the decrypts - don't worry, the mifki's built-in artoo does it's job :) btw. my mobo:d915gag

ask me if you have any doubts.

Thanks man i have no doubts but i have one poblem... i do not have acces to any other computer... so yet i cannot modify anything... lol i have only one hard drive ith os x 10.4.8... i use this test drive as my main :-) always trying new things... since im 13 i do not always need a working pc but now im stuck to recover it... is there a way to change the info.plist in os x? :-S thanks fr the help i will try the -legacy thing now :-) wish me luck!

Thanks man i have no doubts but i have one poblem... i do not have acces to any other computer... so yet i cannot modify anything... lol i have only one hard drive ith os x 10.4.8... i use this test drive as my main :-)

As originally recommended, you should have created a new partition or added another hard drive for testing the new kernel. Then you could boot from your working OSX partition and edit or modify whatever you needed to on the "test" partition or hard drive.

As i do not have another hard drive to work with it is impossible... but i tried the -legacy thing.. even without typing -legacy i still get waiting for root device. holy {censored}!

Well i can try and back up my stuf on my mothers pc with mac drive and wpe the disk clean..

Sor rammjet, how should i go about to install 10.4.8 with working kernel after i wipe it?? thanks for the help folks,

Chris

Just after putting Apple's 10.4.8 combo and inserting mifki's (vitaliy's) kernel/smbios.kext i got the same problem on initial boot. Playing with boot switches didn't seemed to help, however i've put the -legacy switch and left the machine for ~30minutes. after that time my hackintosh rebooted (which is supposed normal for 10.4.8 upgrade) and worked fine later on.

Tried that too... stuck at the blue screen with a spinning beach ball.

I'll wait for Jas' DVD (55%)

I'm just going to wipe my disk, make two partiotions one for test one for main, then instal my myzar 10.4.6 then jas 10.4.8 combo,( then move artoo from exrensions to extensions) then instal kikos 10.4.8 update with the new kernel.

I guess no more diskarb errors anymore with an "official update" lol

Just wiped my hd, made two partitions installed os x on both partitions (one fortest) then rebooted... neither boot, i get the "still waiting for root device... but i will try and reinstall... and make sure my hd is set to master lol... i have to do trial and error on this one with the jumper because there is no jumpr description... i hope i can get this working after my 3rd reinstall...