Optiplex 360 Troubleshooting.

Whosondephone

1 post in this topic

8/21/16
I have been messing around with a Dell Optiplex 360 with a core 2 Duo that I picked out of the trash.  I'm trying to run Mac OS 10.10.5.  I have successfully installed the OS.  I get a kernel panic when booting using clover.  I'm not comfortable with clover so I switched to Chameleon.  I can get the system to boot only with the -f flag.  I'm suspecting it to be an issue with the ATA.  I have extracted the DSDT from Linux and manually applied the PCIRootUID fix as I was instructed to do on the Dell Dimension 47000.  Although In my experience I have not noticed any difference in the way either system boots or runs with this modification.  With the -f kernel flag it boots to desktop with QE using my Radeon HD 6670.  I have attached a IORegistryExplorer Dump from a boot without a DSDT.  Along with the modified and unmodified DSDT.  The Unmodified being "acpi_dsdt.aml"

I'm quite sure this screen was taken with the Modified DSDT changing RootUID to 0 from 4.

O_360_no_flag.jpg

I've been comparing the IORegisrty with the extracted dsdt on my MacBookPro and the Dell Optiplex.  Apparently I'm supposed to try and free up IRQ2.  In the meantime I'll study up on The Advanced Configuration and Power Interface Specification.  There are some good guides on this sight I haven't been able to find until now.  I welcome any light anyone could shed on this issue.  Thanks for reading!

Edit: It appears to be a same issue that the Dimension 4700 had.  I contacted the person who fixed it on the 4700 however he couldn't remember how he fixed it.  He did however find this link for me. Slow Sata Issue Fix.

8/23/16
I've done some patching and learned some of the different names PC devices in the DSDT use compared to a real Mac.  With this understanding I was able to edit my DSDT according to The KiNG's instructions.  After doing so i'm now receiving the "Got boot device = ..." listing my disk.  However now I'm stuck here.

20160823_113250.jpg

A list of things that I've tried but didn't work:

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/ -- appear to me as intelgraphics kexts out of S/L/E.  I'll leave the kexts out for now.
apci=0x2000 flag.
Graphics Enabler

Things to try:

Check that kexts are signed.
I suspecting graphics could be the culprit.
Perhaps removing Bluetooth kexts.
Cleaning out the DSDT.
there is at least one more kernel flag left to try.

8/28/16

I've cleaned up the DSDT a bit but it doesn't help the problem.  I'm using the dsdt with 2 IRQs for Hpet. Next I'll try to inject the graphics.

Dell 360.zip