Full 10.4.8 ComboHac-Update Installer - small but fully functional

slowdiver

72 posts in this topic

ok, i'll make it once i have got the X1400 to work, final update size will be 200-300 mb and one for updating 10.4.8 to 10.4.8 )although i can not gurantee that it will work perfectly

JaS, as soon as I get your dvd, I will do an upgrade of previous 10.4.8 installation, if I lose it, then so be it, i want to see if it works this way, and if it does i would have saved time, if not i would have learnt something, and my data will still be safe because i can get to them from vmware...

Once the dvd is done,Ill post this small update,just site tight guys

It will have an option for smethex's or mifki's kernel.

All GOOD News from Jas.... Thanks (really want to donate but no Paypal here in the Philippines)

Guest goodtime
I already have a like that set up , its about 16 mb. SemtheX kernel + smbios + encrypted files. let me know if ppl want it or not.

Send it in!

:)

:P

Guest goodtime
Once the dvd is done,Ill post this small update,just site tight guys

It will have an option for smethex's or mifki's kernel.

I like the small update idea!

This new debackle is like starting from scratch. We have most of the Apps and stuff for 10.4.8 already on our systems. Just need decrypts, new kernel, etc. Shouldn't be more than 200-300 mbs tops

GT

I think the DVD is important because it establishes a new "baseline." With all the various updates and tutorials floating around, it's hard to guess what people actually have on their systems. Some folks started off with a fresh 10.4.7 Jas DVD. Others might've started off with the unpatched iMac Restore disc, and there's so many different ways for those users to have made it to 10.4.7 - including manually updating, and then you have to wonder if they did it right. So, yes, the DVD is important.

On the other hand, 10.4.8, in all likelihood, is the last update to Tiger before Leopard is released, and so those with bandwidth problems, or those who don't want to reinstall, might prefer something lighter.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that all the releases produced by this community are equally important, having different significance to different users. Furthermore, I applaud the community (Jas, Kikok, Semthex, Mifki, Maxxuss, the list goes on...) for continuing to rise to the challenge of giving users as many choices as possible to best suit our individual needs and preferences. So great work guys, keep it up!

...just my :2cents: carry on...

I used the mifki kernel of installer, patched to real Intel/Combo update and now Im posting wireless of my new 8.8.1 kernel :D

Still no sound :dev:

Who cares now I got my wifi :2cents:

Congratulations... possibly. If you were running something later than 10.4.4 just prior to installing the combo update, you might still have some outdated kexts on your system. I would think that if Apple's combo update saw that you were running "10.4.7," it would only update those kexts that have changed since 10.4.7- meanwhile, your 10.4.7 installation really had only those kexts that were compatible with the 10.4.4 kernel.

If someone knows better, feel free to correct me, but all the update tuts say to start with an unpatched 10.4.4 installation, so I think this is why.

• 2 weeks later...

No im captain so i sank with it :(, nah havent done it and wont do it. I am bloddy busy and EFI is my priority.

Sorry about that, but my holdiasy are coming up (1st december so i will have some time and i might just put one together)

Did Jas release his small update yet? Just wondering, if so where can I get it? I have a working, wonderfully hackintosh that I started with 10.4.6 and then updated to 10.4.7 and now I'm at 10.4.8 with the old kernel. I would like to update to the new kernel and fix the "about mac" crash. I did download the 10.4.8 dvd. If I put the dvd in and just check off the kernel update and then click the update button will it update my current OSX-86 install or will it do a fresh install? Thanks to all, Jas and Kiko for the great work you guys do. :(

Chevy