Full 10.4.8 ComboHac-Update Installer - small but fully functional

slowdiver

72 posts in this topic

I already have a like that set up , its about 16 mb. SemtheX kernel + smbios + encrypted files. let me know if ppl want it or not.

Please let us have it, JaS :dev:

We need something to play with while we're downloading the whole DVD :2cents:

JaS - Please release a patch for those of us already running 10.4.8 but with old kernel, so we can have a new kernel.

Its not easy for us with slow internet connection to download a new 4.38 dvd every time. It took 2 months for me to download a dvd like that last time.

10.4.8 running on

Intel P4 630, Intel 915GAV, 2GB DDR400, 300GB seaget Baracuda Sata.

so do u want one, or not (from me).

Please, do... some of us have data caps.. (hell some people are even on dial-up). Surfing at dialup speeds for the rest of the month because of a 4GB download in the middle of the cycle is not that attractive an option. And kind of pointless if you already have an install DVD ;-)

If possible any chance of including a DVD patcher? So you could make an image of 10.4.x install disk and patch it before re-burning?

Many Thanks for all your Work

bundleing: frontrowpass would be nice, alc 88x and airport-compatble networkcards (netgear etc.) too. and not to forget full compatibility for the old ADC2,1 hardware (i915, gma900), ati 1x00, too. :)

jas, i would like to test what you made. thank you for your work! EDIT: uups, sorry, i meant kiko, too. ahem.

well if i make one, i wont include a IOATAFamily kext, as this will be a update so it is to be used on a working system, same as smbios and other little tweaks such as audio. If you wanted little tweaks and patches i recomend getting the jas dvd

i will add options for gma and atiX1K + audio and macvidia tho

I already have a like that set up , its about 16 mb. SemtheX kernel + smbios + encrypted files. let me know if ppl want it or not.

JaS, just a question that I think is not even related to this post: on my Inspiron 9200 I cannot get the subwoofer underneath the laptop to work hence the sound is very weak. Are you aware of any tweak to the AC97 kernel that resolves this? Thanks in advance...

well if i make one, i wont include a IOATAFamily kext, as this will be a update so it is to be used on a working system, same as smbios and other little tweaks such as audio. If you wanted little tweaks and patches i recomend getting the jas dvd

i will add options for gma and atiX1K + audio and macvidia tho

Kiko,

I just noticed from your signature that you have a triple boot of XP, Vista, and OS X. I now have XP and OS X and am about to install Vista (5840 pre-RTM). After reading some posts here, Grub is the bootloader of choice. What is yours? Also, are there any tips that I should be aware of, since I am installing Vista now that I have OS X? My partitions will be as follows: XP, Vista, OS X.

Thanks in advance.