• Please log in to reply
318 replies to this topic

meaganmargaret

meaganmargaret

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Well, I have a slight overclock, but nothing else is showing any symptoms......no other issues. 

And the delay is small, but noticeable.   As an example, the empty trash sound is truncated.  At startup, when I go into sysprefs -> sound, it takes about 20-30 seconds (spinning ball) before it lets me in.   Once that is done, during that session on the computer, that doesn't happen again, but still other system sounds are truncated or they don't happen at all.   Audio through mp4s and off the web are fine, once that delay has occurred.   

For me, I need my Audio to be pristine because of the work I do, so it would be nice to get this figured out.

Killuminati91

Killuminati91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Any way to change the standard output? My laptop starts up with the Headphone Lineout selected, I always have to manually change the output to Speakers.

Tried changing the output in the audio-midi setup -> no success.

Tried deleting the .plists in Library/Preferences/Audio - also tried deleting com.apple.audiomidisetup whatever.plist from Library/Preferences/ -> still no success.

mnfesq

mnfesq

Emenef, Esquire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

If you're not using VoodooHDA Settings Loader, you might want to try it out to see if you can avoid having to reset your settings after every boot.  You have to manually add it to your login items list.

Attached File  VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.zip   884.54KB   48 downloads

Killuminati91

Killuminati91

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

If you're not using VoodooHDA Settings Loader, you might want to try it out to see if you can avoid having to reset your settings after every boot.  You have to manually add it to your login items list.

attachicon.gifVoodooHdaSettingsLoader.zip

Added the loader to login items, sadly doesnt work. The loader application itself is not working either though (simply doesnt start), I can only start it through the prefpane.

Fergarth

Fergarth

I feel the apple's maggots inside me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
I have not used voodoohda in a long time. But I was having problems with the applealc. I could not even hear a whole video, because the computer freezes when I least expect it! I deleted from Clover folder apllealc, codeccommander and lilu and added only voodoohda. I edited some voodoo plist values ​​from 90 to 100 to keep +- the same level of volume as applehda. No bops, bumps, delays, is perfect for now and I can already watch and listen to videos in a row without freezing.
Great work! Thank you ?

Roran90

Roran90

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

I installed voodooHDA 2.9.0 on macOS 10.12.6 but as the previous versions that I tried, the hdmi audio doesn't work, how can I do to make it work? 

marco.pisellonio80

marco.pisellonio80

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,709 posts
  • Interests:Libri, musica e natura

Hi Slice, thanks for your work.

Should be possible to improve automatic switch headphones-speakers and/or intel iGPU HDMI audio in next version(s) of voodooHDA?

Thank you very much!

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Hi Slice, thanks for your work.

Should be possible to improve automatic switch headphones-speakers and/or intel iGPU HDMI audio in next version(s) of voodooHDA?

Thank you very much!

No, there are two different devices and they can't be switched automatically between them.

I installed voodooHDA 2.9.0 on macOS 10.12.6 but as the previous versions that I tried, the hdmi audio doesn't work, how can I do to make it work? 

As far as I see from the forum other users recommend to use namely VoodooHDA for HDMI audio.

technoeunuch

technoeunuch

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the VoodooHDA update Slice. Is there a detailed description for all the parameters in NodesToPatch? I just wanna edit the latest kext to make my headphones work.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Thanks for the VoodooHDA update Slice. Is there a detailed description for all the parameters in NodesToPatch? I just wanna edit the latest kext to make my headphones work.

It's a pity I lose the english guide on other site (RIP).

If you want there is russian guide #3291

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,105 posts

Well, I have a slight overclock, but nothing else is showing any symptoms......no other issues. 

And the delay is small, but noticeable.   As an example, the empty trash sound is truncated.  At startup, when I go into sysprefs -> sound, it takes about 20-30 seconds (spinning ball) before it lets me in.   Once that is done, during that session on the computer, that doesn't happen again, but still other system sounds are truncated or they don't happen at all.   Audio through mp4s and off the web are fine, once that delay has occurred.   

For me, I need my Audio to be pristine because of the work I do, so it would be nice to get this figured out.

This sounds like what happens with AMD Ryzen systems.   we set boot arg. busratio=xx.     Although you have an Intel CPU you may want to look into your CPU tuning settings or try the boot argument.  

Frequency @ 3000MHz busratio=30

Freq @ 3400Mhz busratio=34, 3600 busratio=36 etc....

noeyesee1

noeyesee1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi, have installed voodoohda for High Sierra.  Speaker and Mic work but not the headphone, not quite familiar on patching, could somebody help, thx in advance

(Dell 7570, 10.13.2)

Attached Files

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Hi, have installed voodoohda for High Sierra.  Speaker and Mic work but not the headphone, not quite familiar on patching, could somebody help, thx in advance

(Dell 7570, 10.13.2)

Try to change Headphone node ....020 -> ...01F

<dict>
					<key>Codec</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Node</key>
					<integer>33</integer>
					<key>Config</key>
					<string>0x0411101F</string>
				</dict>

It gives you Speaker and Headphone will be one device with autodetect if jack inserted.

noeyesee1

noeyesee1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Try to change Headphone node ....020 -> ...01F

<dict>
					<key>Codec</key>
					<integer>0</integer>
					<key>Node</key>
					<integer>33</integer>
					<key>Config</key>
					<string>0x0411101F</string>
				</dict>

It gives you Speaker and Headphone will be one device with autodetect if jack inserted.

Thanks . Tried but no luck. If using orig one, also if the headphone jack is about 85% into the slot (but all the way in), then it gives out mono sound.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Thanks . Tried but no luck. If using orig one, also if the headphone jack is about 85% into the slot (but all the way in), then it gives out mono sound.

Looks like hardware problem.

noeyesee1

noeyesee1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Looks like hardware problem.

I doubted, since the headphone jack works fine in win10

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Local Moderators
  • 6,810 posts

Insert 100% and got stereo sound?

Hanger1(H1)

Hanger1(H1)

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

@chris1111 and @Slice

I tested both VoodooHDA 2.9.0 and VoodooHDA 2.9.1 on ALC662v2 (Desktop)

Report: VoodooHDA 2.9.0 perfect with ALC662v2 (Desktop) but  there is noise in VoodooHDA 2.9.1

Thanks for contributing your time...

sungerbobx1

sungerbobx1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
<key>VoodooHDAEnableHalfVolumeFix</key>
            <true/>

Thank you so much, I got same (maybe little better) sound than windows. That was ONLY reason to away from OSX.

Realtek ALC 887

http://www.insanelym...89#entry2512192

Related:

https://www.tonymacx...quality.188577/

https://www.reddit.c.../sound_quality/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: voodoohda, sound, noise, multichannel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy