VoodooHDA 3.0.2

Slice
672 posts in this topic

@Slice Need some help with this. Was previously using VoodooHDA for HDMI audio with my GT 710 which worked fine minus the odd stutter. Upgraded to an RX560 now and there's no output on any of the HDMI options listed. Any ideas? I can upload any needed info.

Screenshot 2018-04-16 22.40.36.png

Got garbled sound in earphone 

Notebook Asus X550VX i7 - 7700hq

with ALC255

not working with applealc  layout id  3, 13, 17, 18, 27, 28, 99

its is working with VoodooHDA but the new one 2.9.1 it much has low volume, but bad sound in earphone

codec dump linux

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pg2y76WvFYsO8vFY-2B_2OLyKMmkQ8Tg/view

latest debug

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pjny4eq5r64ed8/debug_1383 (1).zip

23 minutes ago, Babiloe said:

Got garbled sound in earphone 

Notebook Asus X550VX i7 - 7700hq

with ALC255

not working with applealc  layout id  3, 13, 17, 18, 27, 28, 99

its is working with VoodooHDA but the new one 2.9.1 it much has low volume, but bad sound in earphone

codec dump linux

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pg2y76WvFYsO8vFY-2B_2OLyKMmkQ8Tg/view

latest debug

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2pjny4eq5r64ed8/debug_1383 (1).zip

You can try this one here 2.9.0

let me know if its better for you ?

VoodooHDA.kext.zip

19 hours ago, bronxteck said:

Have you tried adjusting the Khz in midi pref pane or editing the info plist to suit your needs. that sometimes corrects weird noise behavior.

Can you give thread link for example

update found the link 

Edited by Babiloe
Problem solved by midi

• 3 weeks later...

I need some help patching the nodes for my internal speakers on my new HP Envy 17-ae100.  I'm using VoodooHDA version 2.91 and I get sound out of the two Bang & Olufsen speakers but the sound is very thin and not the full range of sound that can be heard in Windows.  There are only 2 speakers and both are working.  Therefore, there are no nodes to patch unless the working speakers need to be patched to increase their sound range.  Any ideas?

Here's the config for the working speakers:

nid 23 0x90170110 as  1 seq  0 Speaker       Fixed Analog  N/A     Internal Unknown misc 0 NoPresenceDetect

BTW, the Codec is Realtek ALC295

Edited by mnfesq

I'm finding problems with some apps like Bongiovi working with VoodooHDA (garbled or stuttery sound; sounds like the sound is being 90% chopped off, but some is still getting out as almost a rapid beat). Is there a way to troubleshoot this or get some help here to figure out what's wrong?

Edited by applCore

4 hours ago, applCore said:

I'm finding problems with some apps like Bongiovi working with VoodooHDA (garbled or stuttery sound; sounds like the sound is being 90% chopped off, but some is still getting out as almost a rapid beat). Is there a way to troubleshoot this or get some help here to figure out what's wrong?

It's only certain apps?  What are your system specs?  Are they powerful enough for the apps you're using?  If so, perhaps you can try adjusting the format using AudioMidi Setup.  Try reducing the format to a lower level of MHz.  The bottom line to me is that it is not clear that you have a problem with VoodooHDA, just a problem with your audio.

@mnfesq Bongiovi directly interacts with the audio and provides an extra output so that it modifies your audio system wide.

The system's definitely powerful enough (4 GHz i7 + 64 GB RAM). The base mobo is a ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha so the audio is a SupremeFX 2015 (All recommendations I see say either ALC1150 or VoodooHDA (which seems better or more reliable).)

The only audio problem that has manifested itself is with apps like this that enhance or modify the overall system audio, otherwise system audio is fine.

Edited by applCore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, applCore said:

@mnfesq Bongiovi directly interacts with the audio and provides an extra output so that it modifies your audio system wide.

The system's definitely powerful enough (4 GHz i7 + 64 GB RAM). The base mobo is a ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha so the audio is a SupremeFX 2015 (All recommendations I see say either ALC1150 or VoodooHDA (which seems better or more reliable).)

The only audio problem that has manifested itself is with apps like this that enhance or modify the overall system audio, otherwise system audio is fine.

I just tried installing Boom2 on my laptop because I was not happy with the audio quality and it also adds its own audio output device.  It really crackled and popped a lot.  It was basically unacceptable to me and not nearly as good as the VoodooHDA audio output.  I recommend trying a few different apps that add audio devices and see if they are consistently problematic or if they vary in their effect.  It's the only way to isolate whether Bongiovi's audio device does not work well with either VoodooHDA or your hardware.  You might also want to try to get AppleHDA to work just to see if it handles these third-party audio devices better.  Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2018 at 5:19 PM, Dr. Hurt said:

What are the requirements for HDMI audio on High Sierra? First time using HDMI and can’t seem to get it working.

HDMI is present in system preferences. Connecting to TV and selecting HDMI as output doesn’t work. No sound at all. Video working perfectly though.

Do I need any specific DSDT or framebuffer patches? ig-platform-id?

Same for me, SFF Core2Quad System with a Nvidia GT 1030 LP

On 4/16/2018 at 11:44 PM, Shaneee said:

@Slice Need some help with this. Was previously using VoodooHDA for HDMI audio with my GT 710 which worked fine minus the odd stutter. Upgraded to an RX560 now and there's no output on any of the HDMI options listed. Any ideas? I can upload any needed info.

Screenshot 2018-04-16 22.40.36.png

Where youbable to make it work?

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great job. Works for me !

Just one problem : when I use earphones, only the left side is working, there is no output on the right. Any way to fix it ?

Laptop - MSI GP72VR 7RF / Intel i7 7700HG (Kaby Lake) / Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks !

On 8/11/2018 at 9:28 PM, Farkass said:

Great job. Works for me !

Just one problem : when I use earphones, only the left side is working, there is no output on the right. Any way to fix it ?

Laptop - MSI GP72VR 7RF / Intel i7 7700HG (Kaby Lake) / Sierra 10.12.6

Thanks !

It is hardware problem, not driver.

On 8/15/2018 at 6:31 AM, sapman said:

My internal microphone is not showing up on IDT 92HD73C1X5. Attached is my codec dump. Please help! Thank you!

codec_dump.txt

It is not the dump we want to see. You have to provide dump from VoodooHDA by utility getdump.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I use in Mojave voodoo 2.9.0 V-12 sound, which works fine!!! BUT ! there is no rear(green)  stereo output. How can I add this output?  The present selectable outputs are good, but I wish to add one more. Unfortunately I have no 7.1 speaker for the computer, just home theatre for the room. (the SPDIF out works fine!)

What are available now:

1.   7.1CH (green+orange+black+grey REAR)

2.  headphone (green FRONT).     THIS IS WHAT I WISH TO ADD TO REAR TOO!

3.  6 kind of digital-out for HDMI

4. 2 kinds of SPDIF-out

My config: Ga-x77z-ud5h (ALC 898) +i7 3770K+RX580+16 GB ram

I DO hope that someone can help me ...  I never used voodoo sound before, but for Mojave I could not find  other solution  ... THANK YOU !!!!

Other questions: If I use the voodooHDA then can I remove from the clover kexts the RealtekALC.kext and Lilu.kext?

There are also some patches in config.plist /kext patches  which are concern to AppleHDA. Do I remove or disable them?

Thank you!       

1 minute ago, szzs said:

I use in Mojave voodoo 2.9.0 V-12 sound, which works fine!!! BUT ! there is no rear(green)  stereo output. How can I add this output?  The present selectable outputs are good, but I wish to add one more. Unfortunately I have no 7.1 speaker for the computer, just home theatre for the room. (the SPDIF out works fine!)

What are available now:

1.   7.1CH (green+orange+black+grey REAR)

2.  headphone (green FRONT).     THIS IS WHAT I WISH TO ADD TO REAR TOO!

3.  6 kind of digital-out for HDMI

4. 2 kinds of SPDIF-out

My config: Ga-x77z-ud5h (ALC 898) +i7 3770K+RX580+16 GB ram

I DO hope that someone can help me ...  I never used voodoo sound before, but for Mojave I could not find  other solution  ... THANK YOU !!!!

Other questions: If I use the voodooHDA then can I remove from the clover kexts the RealtekALC.kext and Lilu.kext?

There are also some patches in config.plist /kext patches  which are concern to AppleHDA. Do I remove or disable them?

Thank you!       

Yes remove other kext audio not necessary/ remove patch appleHDA. VoodooHDA is supposing to work without that

Have a look here for the Green Front Audio jack

https://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=454

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Voodoo has been working great for me for some time using the "Green Rear" stereo connection, but I've never been able to use the SPDIF-out. The connected amplifier reports "No Digital Data". Ideally I'd like to send Dolby 5.1, or even better DTS as the amp supports this, over the optical link.

Any ideas as to why the SPDIF output isn't working, and how to get more than stereo once it is?

The SPDIF output is on a PCI card, V/D 1102/0005. Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Blaster_X-Fi, which apparently supports DTS output.

Find attached my dump file.

Thanks,

Steve

dump.txt