VoodooHDA 3.0.2

Slice
672 posts in this topic

hello,

In the end, voodooHDA works perfectly on AMD Ryzen platforms, no audio stall in UHD 4K media playback, audio quality is of average quality compared to a DAC but works perfectly.

Thanks Slice

412509Capturede769cran20170602a768233237

447150Capturede769cran20170602a768233720

edit:

file audio 24 bit 88 Khz  :)

http://petoindominique.fr/gratuit/Julsang.zip

Did you get hdmi audio to work?

I installed HDMIAudio.kext https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/guide-hdmi-audio.1499797/(the dmg link does not work any more but you can google it).  Finally HDMI works.

Edited by ydeng

• 1 month later...

I'm using voodohda 2.9.0.  Recently I have noticed certain youtube videos have no sound. It appears to be any html5 youtube videos have no sound. I've been seeing some reports of people with windows computers having their sound cards set to 7.1 audio and causing this problem.

On my os x 10.12.6 machine I took a look in audio midi settings and saw my sound card is listing as 8 channels.  I have it set to stereo in "configure speakers".  How can I change it to 2 channels?  I'm hoping this will fix the issue I'm having with youtube.

post-51840-0-10065800-1505270599_thumb.png

Hi, 

First of all thanks for the kext, because of that my audio is now working but with some flaws (better than nothing). When I use the headphone jack, it produces white noise sound but there is also audio output from there. I suspect this is because my laptop is using a combo jack (both mic and headphone in 1 jack), but I have no idea of how to edit the kext file haha. Does anyone have same problem as me?

I also tried using AppleHDA, but it did not work at all.

Thanks in advance!

I'm using voodohda 2.9.0.  Recently I have noticed certain youtube videos have no sound. It appears to be any html5 youtube videos have no sound. I've been seeing some reports of people with windows computers having their sound cards set to 7.1 audio and causing this problem.

On my os x 10.12.6 machine I took a look in audio midi settings and saw my sound card is listing as 8 channels.  I have it set to stereo in "configure speakers".  How can I change it to 2 channels?  I'm hoping this will fix the issue I'm having with youtube.

Press "Configure Speakers..."

• Like 1

Press "Configure Speakers..."

Yes I did that already.  It still shows as 8 channel.

EDIT: Fixed the youtube problem.  Had to set the speaker configuration to "2.0 Surround" instead of "Stereo".  Still shows as 8 channel audio though.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Slice,

I have installed voodooHDA 2.9 on my EL Capitan and it works.

But now I want use Voodoo.prefpane but I don't know how to install it since it is not a kext (i'm still new to hackintosh)

Thanks.

You double click the prefpane and the OS will move it to the correct location for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there! I have a little problem with sound. The sound is distorted when I watch accelerated videos with x1.5, x2 or other speed.

And another question. Is there any solutions to get really normal working sound with AMD CPU? Is VoodooHDA the only one way to do this?

Hey, there everybody:

I'm using VoodooHDA to utilize my HDMI connection to my monitor (which has pretty good speakers, actually).   And it seems to work, except.....a lag at startup, and some system sounds seem to have disappeared, or are a bit scrambled.  Is it possible there might be some conflict with other Kext's in my system?  I am loading it in S/L/E.  Would loading it in Clover be better?

I am running on an Asus X99-A II, with a 6900K CPU, 32 gB of RAM, and NVMe (pretty fast) boot and system disk.  Sierra 1012.6

Did you use AppleHDADisabler.kext ?

I have VoodoHDA.kext in Clover

No AppleHDADisabler.kext

No issue here

No, I don't load AppleHDADisabler or even AppleHDA.....

If you used VoodooHDA in SLE  

try to used also AppleHDADisabler.kext 

But you need Uninstall Origin AppleHDA in SLE

For my part I use VoodooHDA in Clover with no AppleHDADisabler.kext and its work with the AppleHDA In SLE 

Post EDIT***

Sorry to wake this thread up. I had sound working perfectly with 10.12 and VoodooHDA 2.8.8. Now with 10.13 I have distorted sound. I

I've tried every Voodoo Kext I could find but cannot fix the distortion. So I'm using 2.9 v10 and trying to see if I can get any info.plist advice to possibly fix my distortion. I'm using AppleHDADisabler right now. Thought that was required, but see above may be not necessary (while don't think simply removing the disabler can fix my crackling sound)

My sound device is IDT92HD71B7 and believe manufacturer is Broadom. Device Ids are 111d:76b2. Not exactly sure what to change in Midi setup and Vectorize is already TRUE

PS - I also tried AppleHDA app. Used Clover config.plist patches and the dummy kext. Even tried the DSDT patches (although I think not necessary with Clover). With AppleHDA patch can't even get sound to work.

hello
why when use this kext on hdmi sound have delay ? aprox 1 sec. if use this kext need other apps flowersound. with this apps delay disappear . soundflower isn't compatible with highsierra and need other apps to correct this ...and etc etc etc ...
is it possible to make sound without delay ?
use on gtx 1050 ti
thank you

Hey guys, I used this guide to install these drivers.

The thing is, every time I reboot the PC it might or might not detect the sound card in the preferences panel. Sometimes I get both (the one integrated in the GPU and the one integrated in the motherboard, which is the one I'm trying to get to work) and sometimes I get only the one in my video card, at which point the audio doesn't work. 

I'm using OSX Sierra on this PC: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CpbNKZ

Any clue as on what might be the issue?

Any way to change the standard output? My laptop starts up with the Headphone Lineout selected, I always have to manually change the output to Speakers.

Tried changing the output in the audio-midi setup -> no success.

Tried deleting the .plists in Library/Preferences/Audio - also tried deleting com.apple.audiomidisetup whatever.plist from Library/Preferences/ -> still no success.

If you're not using VoodooHDA Settings Loader, you might want to try it out to see if you can avoid having to reset your settings after every boot.  You have to manually add it to your login items list.

attachicon.gifVoodooHdaSettingsLoader.zip

Added the loader to login items, sadly doesnt work. The loader application itself is not working either though (simply doesnt start), I can only start it through the prefpane.

I have not used voodoohda in a long time. But I was having problems with the applealc. I could not even hear a whole video, because the computer freezes when I least expect it! I deleted from Clover folder apllealc, codeccommander and lilu and added only voodoohda. I edited some voodoo plist values ​​from 90 to 100 to keep +- the same level of volume as applehda. No bops, bumps, delays, is perfect for now and I can already watch and listen to videos in a row without freezing.

Great work! Thank you ?