No Bluetooth Only Wifi BCM943602CS Card

fariel23

26 posts in this topic

hoi fellas i have this i this card BCM943602CS 1300Mbps 802.11AC Bluetooth 4.0 and i was on osx 10.11.5 i had bluetooth and wifi now i update to 10.11.6 and now i don't have bluetooth only wifi i notice that every time  i did a system update the bluetooth is gone i don't know how to get it back. i try the card on my macbook pro retina 15 and it work bluetooth and wifi then i put it back in my system and only wifi work! i try almost everything but no luck i have in clover this kexts BrcmFirmwareData.kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but no luck. if anyone can help i be glad.

my efi 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/925re3evjaag4sh/EFI.zip?dl=0

This is my System by the way

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311174-asus-x99-ausb31-16gb-ddr4-i7-5930k-ati-r9-290-4gb/

You SHOULDN'T use "BrcmFirmwareData.kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext " cause this is native card.

Problem may be in adapter (18pin->pcie) or something else. Can you share photo with your's adapter? Chinese guys frequently confused 5v+ and GND BT connectors or something else.. But you affirm that BT works until update, so now I'm at a loss

thanks for replaying yes i switch it to macbook pro and is working there so i don't know what is causing it to no work in my hack 

First of all try to remove all 3rd party kext's related to BT and keep all bt system "vanilla", and then check BT again, if it won't help then problem in pcie adapter

First of all try to remove all 3rd party kext's related to BT and keep all bt system "vanilla", and then check BT again, if it won't help then problem in pcie adapter

it may be i wou try late on to see what happend and report back thanks for your help mate!! i delete those kexts by the way 

it may be i wou try late on to see what happend and report back thanks for your help mate!! i delete those kexts by the way 

I had this problem on my MSI Laptop. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop and turned it on through ubuntu. If you can turn it on on Windows or Ubuntu it will stay on the Mac Os X. That is how I fixed my none working bluetooth issues. I did not delete my kext files I just turned it back on with another operating system in my case it was ubuntu.

I had this problem on my MSI Laptop. I installed Ubuntu on my laptop and turned it on through ubuntu. If you can turn it on on Windows or Ubuntu it will stay on the Mac Os X. That is how I fixed my none working bluetooth issues. I did not delete my kext files I just turned it back on with another operating system in my case it was ubuntu.

Dear Sir! Probably OP uses desktop mobo which doesn't have any acpi related switches for BT (wmi), so, I bet, there is no problem with this...

i delete the kexts and it didn't worked still no bluetooth available so i don't know what is going on cause i do have WIFI ! the update mess something up in my system but i don't know what if i only knew......

i try in windows like i said before after the 10.11.6 update it broke the bluetooth before it was working in windows and in osx

Is it working in Windows now? Because mine was broken in Windows 10 and El Capitan 10.11.6 and I turned it on in Ubuntu and got it working again. Now I keep it on all the time.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

The key is to make sure you use the same kext files that you was using when it was working and turning it back on through Ubuntu.

I have the a similar Wifi card as you but mine is the 4352 model they use similar drivers.

Is it working in Windows now? Because mine was broken in Windows 10 and El Capitan 10.11.6 and I turned it on in Ubuntu and got it working again. Now I keep it on all the time.

The key is to make sure you use the same kext files that you was using when it was working and turning it back on through Ubuntu.

I have the a similar Wifi card as you but mine is the 4352 model they use similar drivers.

in windows inst working im downloading ubuntu as we speak so i wil see if it work

Does the Wifi shows up? Maybe you may have to install the broadcom bluetooth drivers in ubuntu. Do a google search for those drivers.

yes wifi does work all the time without a single problem is only the bluetooth i did some reading and i think it got to be something with the firmware 

I had the same issue, use the attached kext in S/L/E

rebuild kext and fix permissions

For handoff support apply patch to clover:

Name: IOBluetoothFamily

F:4885FF7447488B07

R:41BE0F000000EB44

Comment :10.11.5 BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot

Hope this will help you.

by the way, don't delete any IOBT kexts just leave everything as it was in installation...this is working for me good in 10.11.6 and excellent in 10.12 maybe 10.12 have better support for my board don't know...

BT on 10.11 is working but when using BT audio speaker sound is sometimes choppy, and handoff is working but not all the time, in 10.12 everything is working fine.

BT.zip

Hope this will help you.

by the way, don't delete any IOBT kexts just leave everything as it was in installation...this is working for me good in 10.11.6 and excellent in 10.12 maybe 10.12 have better support for my board don't know...

BT on 10.11 is working but when using BT audio speaker sound is sometimes choppy, and handoff is working but not all the time, in 10.12 everything is working fine.

He shouldn't use any of this patches! It's native module from apple device! It works OOB without any kext's or patches.

This kext's and patches only suitable for unsupported combo card like bcm94352hmb or something else. But OP using bcm943602cs from mbp 2015

thanks guys i wil try it but by the way i replace the on from my macbook pro 15 2013 to my hackintosh and but the newer card to the macbook now i have bluetooth and wifi on the hackintosh. the only thing i wil have to stay with a older combo card (from my macbook) that doesn't support AC wifi but is ok

Hope this will help you.

hi mate do you have precise this  BCM943602CS? or other combo card?

I have exactly same problem, using BCM943602CS, WIFI is working but Bluetooth is dead after updating to 10.11.6. System Report says that USB get the Bluetooth card successfully but in Bluetooth tab it says no information.

I've tried BluetoothInjecter but it doesn't work. Any solution currently ?

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys, @fariel23,

I have that same wifi/bluetooth combo, and its working as it should, as you can see in the photos attached to this post... The only kext that I use is the AirportBrcmFixup, after I switched to WhateverGreen, nothing more te card work without any kexts, but I used Sierra, High Sierra, and now I use Mojave, and the card continues to work consistently... 

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00MBP25UK/ref=pe_3310721_189395781_TE_dp_1

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.47.02.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.45.22.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.44.11.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.43.41.png

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys, @fariel23,

I have that same wifi/bluetooth combo, and its working as it should, as you can see in the photos attached to this post... The only kext that I use is the AirportBrcmFixup, after I switched to WhateverGreen, nothing more te card work without any kexts, but I used Sierra, High Sierra, and now I use Mojave, and the card continues to work consistently... 

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00MBP25UK/ref=pe_3310721_189395781_TE_dp_1

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.47.02.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.45.22.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.44.11.png

Captura de ecrã 2018-10-03, às 22.43.41.png

thanks for replaying I wil try tonight and report back

one thing I switch the card from my hack to my real MacBook Pro retina and the Bluetooth doesn't work there either. I think when I installed Mojave it broke the card!