JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 DVD released!

skredii

81 posts in this topic

The iso has problems. JaS has created an entirely new DVD and is seeding it to a small group of testers. If it works for them, he will release it. This will take a couple of days to distribute and test the new iso.

I only wish everyone has Fibre Optic to home :)

there are news in AMD front we have anew kernel amd compatible (sse3 only!)

go to tutorials there is it, follow my tutorial and instal 10.4.8 with newest kernel for intel and amd (sse3 only),

I reallly dont know if the results with jas dvd are better, honestly, but after my installation everything works with 10.4.8 kernel (8.8.1) and 10.4.8 kexts

JAS, if you havent seeded your new DVD yet, please check new DaemonES-Vitaliy kernel, it supports more options, including FSB autodetect and AMD

RAMMJET, Kiko is up for donations, and he deservs them as much as JAS.

I downloaded the DVD and it would open, but when I got to the install part, I skipped the DVD check and it said "Please try reinstalling". I couldn't even get past the install screen! The only reason I want this is because of the new kernel. I have a Dell E1705 with an Nvidia 7900 GS, and I want to use the new Titan.kext. Anyone know if anyone has Titan to work with JaS's 10.4.7?

Yes, it works using the kexts from 10.4.8, someone posted them here, on the forum, just search.

Still waiting for QE/CI, though...

I've downloaded the dvd twice from green demon, but each time the md5 & sha1 didn't match posted, and the image was unreadable by my Mac and VMware (to boot from image as cdrom)

Trying one more time with a different computer and torrent client. This is pissing me off cause I just learned about Titan a few days ago and want to give OS X86 one more shot on my box.