JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 DVD released!

skredii

81 posts in this topic

I was seeding the torrent and when I was looking at its status, there was an error message saying the torrent was "deleted or not in pool yet". So I hopped on over to demonoid and did a torrent search...sure enough, the torrent doesn't exist anymore. Oh well...at least I got my grubby little hands on it before the torrent disappeared. Does anyone know what happened?

I think JaS took it down since so many people was having trouble with (Disc) the check sum.

I think JaS took it down since so many people was having trouble with (Disc) the check sum.

Oh I see, I wouldn't have known because I was waiting for the AMD patches to the DVD before attempting to install. I suppose I should read the threads where others are trading their install feedback.

Yeah thats cool. I posted in another forum, I guessed that's what had happened. I was only 128 MBs through anyway. Look forward to a bigger and better release.

Just crazy that so many people went out and downloaded a first release install dvd of 4.36 GBs! 2000 people or some ridiculous number, and oh so typical for it to have problems first time around. Wait for the second it's always better.

you got it working?

No, I'm playing with trying to patch 4.8 combo update. I got it working a few times, but still need to work out the bugs. Patched it sees my wifi so I'm tryin till I get it :D

Edit: Success, I got my wifi with new kernel "Broadcom 4328" :D:D:D:D

Now, just need fix for sound :gun:

does this mean we can't continue downloading or the one we're downloading might not work ??

and if it works is it ok to keep this version? :)

It means it might not work for you

But if it works for you then yeah, it's okay to keep this version.

Greets to all!

I downloaded the ISO, burned it and tried to boot from it. Unfortunately it falls into a stupid loop. It reboots all the time before starting the installer.

Is there somekind of patch, or another special method to make this work.

Sorry if I ask something obvious.

The iso has problems. JaS has created an entirely new DVD and is seeding it to a small group of testers. If it works for them, he will release it. This will take a couple of days to distribute and test the new iso.

He changed the foundation of the DVD, so trying to patch it would have given a patch file just as large as the iso, so he is only releasing a new iso.

The iso has problems. JaS has created an entirely new DVD and is seeding it to a small group of testers. If it works for them, he will release it. This will take a couple of days to distribute and test the new iso.

He changed the foundation of the DVD, so trying to patch it would have given a patch file just as large as the iso, so he is only releasing a new iso.

So the euphoria was to soon i guess :P

How about the combo update for 10.4.1 - 7. which one should I use to get 10.4.8. The kiko release is crashing on 10.4.1 at 93% (intel 4, 3,6Ghz, SSE3, 848p mb). and i cannot find combos for earlier macosx versions. I tried to update step by step from the official apple website, but this does not work either (ofcourse). Unfortunately i lost my 10.4.6 dvd, so I have to download it once more and try to update it from this version.

One more question, How can I donate to Jas, or Kiko to show them how much i appreciate their work?

I downloaded the DVD and it would open, but when I got to the install part, I skipped the DVD check and it said "Please try reinstalling". I couldn't even get past the install screen! The only reason I want this is because of the new kernel. I have a Dell E1705 with an Nvidia 7900 GS, and I want to use the new Titan.kext. Anyone know if anyone has Titan to work with JaS's 10.4.7?