JaS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 DVD released!

skredii

81 posts in this topic

It's out!!!!!!!

The new JaS DVD with new 10.4.8 kernel inside!!!

Check it out: MacGeek

JaS says:

This is the JaS.10.4.8.intel sse3.only install dvd for Intel and via chipped motherboards.

It can be run with or without NX / with or without HPET thanks to SemtheX ,

If you have amd or sse2 grab it now as I will be releasing a ppf to add more support in as it comes out !!!!!

what does this dvd do

Installs 10.4.8 with your choice of kernel (default is semthex's )

Dell pc's that needed SSE2 patched kernels to run will not need that anymore.So all you Dell SSE3 users feel free to get this release

you can also set your front side bus speed when booting the kernel with fsb=(your fsb speed here)

when booting the dvd you can also use mifki's kernel compiled by rufus

to boot mifki's kernel type mach_kernel.mifki ( nx and hpet is needed for this kernel )

this dvd has the same ATA controller support as the 10.4.7 install dvd did.

AMD and SSE2 patches will be added to this iso in the form of ppf's as that support is developed.

I can't say it will work for you 100% but its working like a chanp for me.

That's it enjoy your new TRUE 10.4.8 install dvd

Guest goodtime

Yaahoooooo!

:(:D:happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac:

:happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac:

:happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac::happymac:

10.4.8 who do we appreciate? JaS JaS JaS 10.4.8! Woohoo!

Budweiser

True

True

Yay. It's only been out for about an hour and there're 2 seeders and over 400 peers. Only 1 week left before this file completes.

The original seeder should have distributed it to at least 20 people before he made this public. Not a smart move...

But hey, I can wait. :(

hi! very good news these days on the board!!! I want to help this spreading all over the internet (for now I've not started downloading, but I will soon), but I ask you also if, with my motherboard, I will manage to use it: it says for intel chipped m/b, but I hope any m/b with sse3 cpu will work. Please say something definitive about that, I'm very noob and don't understand everything, but i try.

Apologize for my bad english.

Bye!

please forgive me! I already have an intel chipped m/b, I was thinking of intel m/b. I'm a dumb!

Bye.

PPF is a way to change items on a ISO (or file) without needing to rebuild it. Only applying the PPF will PATCH the necessary files on the ISO.

Why don't you guys stop posting/complaining about how slow the torrent is, or where you are up to? It achieves nothing, is completely boring, a waste of space, and this isn't a forum about torrents and their speeds.

What would really be interesting would be people posting about successes or failures on installing this.