Dell Inspiron 7558 Patching Audio DSDT Errors!

Stransform

5 posts in this topic

Hi!

I have recently been able to install Mac OS X El Capitan onto my Dell Inspiron 7558. I am very happy but I am having a problem with audio, and I'm trying one last thing before I have to (sadly) go back to Windows. I have Realtek ALC 255, I know it's supported and uses Audio ID 3 but the problem I am having is compiling my DSDT. I have already try to search the internet, but I'm not getting a resolution. I haven't done DSDT work before, I have only read about it. 

Anyways, the reason I came here today is to ask how or if someone can help me fix these errors that I am getting error code 6126 with various errors:

Rdi2Gom.png

I am using RehabMan's Laptop Patches Github. The specific file is under Audio and is audio_HDEF-layout3.txt. I am wondering what I can do to get this DSDT fix, I have been trying to solve my no sound issue for almost a week now, and I'm getting really inpatient at the moment. I have tried decompiling it again, and have also downloaded the latest iasl version. I'm using MaciASL 5.1. 

Thanks!

Stransform

EDIT: I can't seem to upload files so I'm going to leave a Google Drive link. I'm not sure if that is not allowed, if it is not I will remove it immediately. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ugSfp4UtLWcWg1bHNyWlFNcWc/view?usp=sharing- DSDT.aml

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_ugSfp4UtLWUUR6NjB5ajNxbnc/view?usp=sharing- DSDT.dsl

EDIT 2: I found the version of MaciASL with ACPI 6.1. Now I'm getting just one error "Name already exists in scope (_DSM)"

• Like 1

You are not using latest iasl and MaciASL versions since the current ones includes ACPI 6.1, try with that and try learning and documenting yourself about it a bit before you jump into it.

You are not using latest iasl and MaciASL versions since the current ones includes ACPI 6.1, try with that and try learning and documenting yourself about it a bit before you jump into it.

Hi! I can't seem to find MaciASL's latest version. I have checked RehabMan's page but it doesn't seem to be there. I also have read more about MaciASL and DSDT's but I still don't get what is wrong with my DSDT.