New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

It's not that we aren't sharing well enough... it's that we all flooded the one seed that has the file... he just can't keep up with all the traffic. You noticed how many of us are stuck in exactly the same spot? Case in point.

QFT

well once I'm done downloading.... I don't have a great internet connection but I will probably copy over the file to my dads comp and seed there and from my main comp.... if I ever get it;P...... besides that I normally don't try as soon as I finish downloading stuff,plus I'm commiting the capital sin of running x64 most of the time since I dual boot(might dual boot on my mini pc and then I will have a Cel D 2.x, 512mb, 120gb as macosx comp;P we'll see) along with my main(Athlon 64 3000+ Venice 939(clocked to 2.5....1.8 stock), 1gb dual chan, 2x300g, Sapphire Ati X1600 512mb).....:compress:

we'll see

Thanx to all involved

Someone needs to post it to newsgroups. That way a few people (or a lot) can get it really fast and then be able to seed it (like me).

/edit: err wow.. been a while since I posted here. Sig is waaaay out of date.

I second that. It could have it down in 1.5 hours if it was. Torrents are too slow and waste of decent connection speed . 180kB/s when it could be 845 kB/s is a pity...

Jas great work

I'll do my part to help people get it

By installing this new kernel, is it possible to keep your applications and settings ? Or will the partition be formatted ?

The new DVD is an install DVD, not an updater. It is for creating a fresh installation. You should back up your applications and settings. An experimental way to install would be to delete your System and Library folders on your OSX partition and then install. It should not destroy your Applications and Users folder where your applications and settings reside.

BUT - this new DVD is not guaranteed to work for everyone. My observation is that it works well for people with an Intel motherboard. But people with other motherboards have much less success. And remember - this version of the DVD is for Intel SSE3 only.

It is recommended that you install this to another partition or hard drive. Not as your primary OSX installation until you have tested it.

i have tested vitaly's kernel in another HD and the results are very good it feels sharp everything works perfect, and my chipset is intel 945 but my mobo is Gigabyte, not sure if you Rammjet, was refering to mobo or chipset...

Kasper you will need to press f8 at the start of your system to get to osx boor loader selection

I guess the seeder doesn't superseed...

btw: some people don't seem to realize this: there is only 1 Seeder with the full file! We are not all "stuck at **%", we simply wait for the only seeder to finish uploading. So far he finished 57.1%