New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

That's the spirit curlyboy!!! Every little bit helps out everyone else. Even if you can't keep up your box that long, please continue to seed whenever you are on line. When I turn my unit on now, my bit torrent is the first program I hit up to run. I like to give back. I think this is an amazing community, so glad I found it.

Lol mr gates what a chump

I said at least 24 hrs but yeah to be helping others i should really leave it on longer dont imagine it will self destruct yeah a week sounds good tho well i cant program or anything like that like you guys so if i leave the box for a week or even a good few days its helping out in 1 way huh

Everyone's heard that same old "If it ain't broke..."

My 10.4.6 JaS works perfectly (except for accelerated graphics ;) ), and my CPU doesn't support NX or HPET. Should I still upgrade to 10.4.8? If its not crucial to do so, I'll probably just stick with my current running config.

Thanks JaS - VERY COOL!

EDIT: Actually I think I read on the forums that the i845 DOES support HPET, its just not listed in the BIOS. I'm backing up my config, preparing for the wipe/install...

NdofTaworld

Of course i have patient but i do not understand if someone grab it why not seeding anymore?It is not far. It's disgusting.

Anyway thank you so much JaS and of course YOU ARE THE BEST!

And people seed, seed and seed.

You just don't understand do you.

NO ONE has finished downloading it yet!

At most we are 39.2% complete.

JaS is currently the ONLY one seeding and there are at least 700 leaching.

Get a grip, you are going to have to wait like the rest of us.

My transmission is showing 2 seeders, 719 leechers. The main prob with OS torrents is that when you've dl'ed it, you want to try it out straight away. Hopefully people will continue seeding once they have installed, and we'll all be benefitting from 4.8 in a day or two.

I think I've had a speed upgrade (though adsl test still showed 512/52) I'm ul'ing at upto 20KB/s , maybe NTL have sorted me out?

I wonder what ratio will JaS have when those people which are at 39% will finish... ;):D

lol, his hackintosh will be steaming by then...

My transmission is showing 2 seeders, 719 leechers. The main prob with OS torrents is that when you've dl'ed it, you want to try it out straight away. Hopefully people will continue seeding once they have installed, and we'll all be benefitting from 4.8 in a day or two.

I think I've had a speed upgrade (though adsl test still showed 512/52) I'm ul'ing at upto 20KB/s , maybe NTL have sorted me out?

Hehe, that's why I have uTorrent running on my server. I get to try everything out on my main computer. =)

Hehe, that's why I have uTorrent running on my server. I get to try everything out on my main computer. =)

Same here AndyMS. I have a SuSE box as my main torrent server. I use that to run all my downloads with and it is connected to my network so I can play,...er, I mean installand run, my new software on my main system whilst still giving back.

I'm currently at 21.2% down. Current estimate is 1 day, 1 hour to go.

In swarm:

1 seed, 748 peers

Connected:

0 seeds, 49 peers

972 downloaded

841 uploaded

(I like my SDSL line, too bad it's only 512, but it's not blocked in any way, shape, or form. Go business class DSL!)

Average completion is about 32%.

Silly rabbit, its blocked by your provider :2cents:
Speed wise, kind of. My lines are not the best around, so even if the CLEC would open up my pipe, I wouldn't get any better speed.

Otherwise, no, it's wide open. No port blocking, nothing that says what I can or can't do with the line, unlike something like comcast with specifically prohibits servers of any kind. If I wanted to run 30 different web and FTP servers on it, I could without any worries. :dance_24:

That's what I'm talking about when I say it's not blocked. :)

This torrent is REALLY choked. I have a 100 Gb/s optical connection and have been pushing uploads at speeds as high as 600 kB/s for the first 12 hours but in the last few hours everybody in the 795 swarm with 1 seeder (JaS) has reached about about 40% and now the download speed has dropped to under 1 kB/s with a remaining time of 55 days! Somehow, we need to get two or three more seeders online. Any ideas?

Guest bikedude880

Have JaS send the file with the correct md5 in a file (for verification, duh) and have them point their BT clients at it. Doubt this would work though.

Another thought... give it time! Once the 100 or so peers get the entire thing, it will be so much faster (as long as they seed the bloody thing)

I just got off the thing after 12 hours of straight download... Gonna see where it stands tomorrow.

This torrent is REALLY choked. I have a 100 Gb/s optical connection and have been pushing uploads at speeds as high as 600 kB/s for the first 12 hours but in the last few hours everybody in the 795 swarm with 1 seeder (JaS) has reached about about 40% and now the download speed has dropped to under 1 kB/s with a remaining time of 55 days! Somehow, we need to get two or three more seeders online. Any ideas?

According to the Demon, five have completed... And are probably in the middle of trying to get it to run.

Bastards I say! =P

Guest bikedude880
He should stop seeding it, if we can't share any better than that no one deserves to get it.

It's not that we aren't sharing well enough... it's that we all flooded the one seed that has the file... he just can't keep up with all the traffic. You noticed how many of us are stuck in exactly the same spot? Case in point.