New JaS DVD

• Please log in to reply
426 replies to this topic

meklort

meklort

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 135 posts
My internet connection is really slow, and I dont want to wait a week just to get the dvd (that won't work on my sse2 computer). Is it possible that someone could upload a torrent just for the kernel and other needed files. Possibly to just create a 10.4.8 updater with the new kernel in it.

OSX86Geek

OSX86Geek

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I can't wait for the SSE2 fix. Hope that it will be available soon.

My specs:
Dell 8300, P4 3.0 HT (SSE2), 2GB RAM, ATI 9800 Pro, 19" TFT
I have two partitions with dualboot, one with 10.4.7 and the other with 10.4.8 JAS release (the old one)

Contact me, if you're looking for a SSE2 beta tester.

Regards
.gk

joe75

joe75

Revolutionary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020 posts

My internet connection is really slow, and I dont want to wait a week just to get the dvd (that won't work on my sse2 computer). Is it possible that someone could upload a torrent just for the kernel and other needed files. Possibly to just create a 10.4.8 updater with the new kernel in it.

Jas will when its ready :(

Takuro

Takuro

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired
  • 1,162 posts
Everybody's currently stuck at 32.4%. The seeder and peer ratio is pretty bad, and it's only going to get a lot worse by the end of the day. This torrent should have been distributed to 20-30 trustworthy people so there would be a higher seed number to help it build more momentum.

Even if those seeders magically appeared, it wouldn't matter. It's officially a Torrent Gridlock. :/

Guest: bikedude880_*

• Guests

Everybody's currently stuck at 32.4%. The seeder and peer ratio is pretty bad, and it's only going to get a lot worse by the end of the day. This torrent should have been distributed to 20-30 trustworthy people so there would be a higher seed number to help it build more momentum.

Even if those seeders magically appeared, it wouldn't matter. It's officially a Torrent Gridlock. :/

As with any other JaS or OSX86 release, I will continue seeding until the next release comes along. I unfortunately was unable to get on this torrent until this morning (crummy sleep interfered :D) Looking forward to wiping my test disk and installing this beauty. :(

katmail

katmail

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I suspect there is something wrong with the Torrent
When I see the downloading columns data a bit strange
I hope I am wrong

joe75

joe75

Revolutionary

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Mine says 1.33%

Edit: Now mine says .32% :sorcerer:

Edit2: 1.332% :D 48kb

ZetaGundam

ZetaGundam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
although i can't get the SSE3 now... (cos im using SSE2) .. but i would like to express my appreciate to JaS...

and hope we get SSE2 release soon

thx

Rammjet

Rammjet

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,302 posts

although i can't get the SSE3 now... (cos im using SSE2) .. but i would like to express my appreciate to JaS...

and hope we get SSE2 release soon

JaS has said he will add SSE2 and AMD capability to the install DVD using PPF patches. So, you need the DVD iso so you can be ready to patch it when the patches are created.

bardx86

bardx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
If i have a processor that has hpet/nx support how to enable those features as i install 10.4.8 with the jas dvd?

thanks,
brad

Infamous

Infamous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
33,27%...

1KB/s DL

Looks like it's stuck.

:sorcerer:

• Guests

If i have a processor that has hpet/nx support how to enable those features as i install 10.4.8 with the jas dvd?

thanks,
brad

Use mifki's kernel. It has hpet and nx enabled.

That is... once we all get off of 33.4%...

Infamous

Infamous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Considering I'll use mifki's kernel, how is the installation different comparing to real X86 OS X installed on Macs ?
We have all (?) 10.4.8 kexts, 10.4.8 kernel, apps too...

So basically it's just removed TMP and EFI ? Or are we still using some "legacy" stuff from Maxxus work?

bardx86

bardx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
So during the install I'll get an option to choose a certain kernal? Also i have the same set up as you are there any ktext I need to same from my older install?

brad

• Guests

So during the install I'll get an option to choose a certain kernal? Also i have the same set up as you are there any ktext I need to same from my older install?

brad

Unless JaS didn't include some stuff (and I know he did) then you shouldn't have to copy anything over (hacked kexts from old system optional ;P)

From here:
JaS installer image

juan_cl

juan_cl

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
Quick question. In the 10.4.7 dvd we had to choose the GMA 900 package if we had a GMA 950 to get qe/ci. Do we have to do the same in this dvd?

littlepr

littlepr

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Where did the 100% seeders go?

• Guests

Where did the 100% seeders go?

We've only really had one... the problem was that everyone hopped on the torrent at the same time... one seeder can't handle 100 connections (or in this case 200+).

joe75

joe75

Revolutionary

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

We've only really had one... the problem was that everyone hopped on the torrent at the same time... one seeder can't handle 100 connections (or in this case 200+).

Mine says 431 leeches :thumbsdown_anim:

I'm at 7.8%

ZetaGundam

ZetaGundam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

JaS has said he will add SSE2 and AMD capability to the install DVD using PPF patches. So, you need the DVD iso so you can be ready to patch it when the patches are created.

thx for ur reminding... I'm downloading it now....

but very slow... under 10k/s :compress:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy