New JaS DVD

mifki

427 posts in this topic

This is sweet , but 4.8GB eh , i need to do something. I wish that someone could recompress it or do something

Can I upgrade from my current installation or must this be a fresh installation

This is sweet , but 4.8GB eh , i need to do something. I wish that someone could recompress it or do something

Can I upgrade from my current installation or must this be a fresh installation

4.8GB? Where did you get that from? It's only 4.376 GB in size. At leat that is what "Bits on Wheels" is reporting.

And this is from The Demon:

JaS.10.4.8.intel sse3.only.install. dvd

Macintosh : English Jasser N/A 4.38 GB

I think no one should try to update a complete installed working version. do a fresh install where you have space for it and try it out. If it works: great. Maybe you can update. but maybe it will be better to copy your old data to the new installation.

Its on the demon now, Thanks go to JaS, and all the kernel dev's

Updates will be in the form of ppf's

Will the ppf updates include portions to extend this download for AMD or SSE2 users at some point, or will AMD and SSE2 versions be released as new full releases? Does it make sense for anyone on AMD or SSE2 to be grabbing this version now, and wait for ppfs to apply to it, or should we be waiting for whole new releases specifically for our platform?

-------------------------------

I just looked at the D, and can answer my own question, and for anyone else who was wondering, it says there:

"This is the JaS.10.4.8.intel sse3.only install dvd for Intel and via chipped motherboards.

It can be run with or without NX / with or without HPET thanks to SemtheX ,

If you have amd or sse2 grab it now as I will be releasing a ppf to add more support in as it comes out !!!!!"

My internet connection is really slow, and I dont want to wait a week just to get the dvd (that won't work on my sse2 computer). Is it possible that someone could upload a torrent just for the kernel and other needed files. Possibly to just create a 10.4.8 updater with the new kernel in it.

I can't wait for the SSE2 fix. Hope that it will be available soon.

My specs:

Dell 8300, P4 3.0 HT (SSE2), 2GB RAM, ATI 9800 Pro, 19" TFT

I have two partitions with dualboot, one with 10.4.7 and the other with 10.4.8 JAS release (the old one)

Contact me, if you're looking for a SSE2 beta tester.

Regards

.gk

My internet connection is really slow, and I dont want to wait a week just to get the dvd (that won't work on my sse2 computer). Is it possible that someone could upload a torrent just for the kernel and other needed files. Possibly to just create a 10.4.8 updater with the new kernel in it.

Jas will when its ready :(

Everybody's currently stuck at 32.4%. The seeder and peer ratio is pretty bad, and it's only going to get a lot worse by the end of the day. This torrent should have been distributed to 20-30 trustworthy people so there would be a higher seed number to help it build more momentum.

Even if those seeders magically appeared, it wouldn't matter. It's officially a Torrent Gridlock. :/

Guest bikedude880
Everybody's currently stuck at 32.4%. The seeder and peer ratio is pretty bad, and it's only going to get a lot worse by the end of the day. This torrent should have been distributed to 20-30 trustworthy people so there would be a higher seed number to help it build more momentum.

Even if those seeders magically appeared, it wouldn't matter. It's officially a Torrent Gridlock. :/

As with any other JaS or OSX86 release, I will continue seeding until the next release comes along. I unfortunately was unable to get on this torrent until this morning (crummy sleep interfered :D) Looking forward to wiping my test disk and installing this beauty. :(

Mine says 1.33%

Edit: Now mine says .32% :sorcerer:

Edit2: 1.332% :D 48kb

although i can't get the SSE3 now... (cos im using SSE2) .. but i would like to express my appreciate to JaS...

and hope we get SSE2 release soon

JaS has said he will add SSE2 and AMD capability to the install DVD using PPF patches. So, you need the DVD iso so you can be ready to patch it when the patches are created.