Lenovo B580 ALC269VC

BORODA

16 posts in this topic

Hello.

I'm desperately asking for help with this infernal codec spiced but lenovo.

I tired everything. The problem with this one is that the jack is combined - headphones + microphone, and I really need external microphone to work. I don't care about build-in mic, it could be disabled altogether.

I don't know what's wrong, I tried everything. Tried using AppleHDA Patcher and putting pin config, layout and platform from AppleALC, but that resulted in nothing, I tried patching AppleHDA myself using various guides but still nothing. Wasted 4 whole days trying to get this to work, still nothing. The best results I could get are from AppleALC with Layout ID28 (Lenovo Z580) - speakers and internal mic worked. Speakers switched to headphones when jack was plugged in, but internal mic was still not switched off and external didn't work.

Attached linux codec dump. If more info is needed - I'll provide anything.

I'm begging for help. Please!

codec0.zip

Tried, layout 12 does not produce any sound. No inputs/outputs.

I'm thinking maybe I have an error somewhere else? Might this be related to DSDT patch or something? I'm patching DSDT with patch from AppleHDA Patcher but changing the layout id there.

#Automatically adjusted by AppleHDA Patcher.app
# original by RehabMan

#   Inject Audio info
into method label _DSM parent_label HDEF remove_entry;
into device label HDEF insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "AAPL,slot-name", Buffer() { "Built in" },\n
        "layout-id", Buffer() { 0x0c, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 },\n
        "device_type", Buffer() { "Audio Controller" },\n
        "built-in", Buffer() { 0x00 },\n
        "PinConfigurations", Buffer() { },\n
        "hda-gfx", Buffer() { "onboard-1" }\n
    })\n
}\n
end

Remove all your patched AppleHDA, install vanilla AppleHDA and try my build

I have vanilla AppleHDA (just confirmed).

Only patched DSDT.

Just tried again, clover inject id 12, DSDT - 0x0c. No sound devices visible.

Did you install Codec Commander from Rehabman ?

No. Installed into S/L/E. Still doesn't work. But I tested skype and it appears to capture "static noise", this wasn't the case before. Tried plugging in into iPhone to make sure it actually does work. It works on iPhone, so not hardware issue.

Or probably codec commander needs additional config to work...

Edit: Well, I configured codec commander, now log says: Node ID 0x14 (and 0x15) supports EAPD, will update state after sleep. So it appears to be working. Kinda... Still no input tho. Maybe there's some other commands I need to add into custom commands array?

Also I noticed that when laptop wakes up from sleep, the Input level indicator in settings jumps up, this also happens when I plug in or pull out the jack. So there is some feedback, but no sound.

Or probably codec commander needs additional config to work...

Edit: Well, I configured codec commander, now log says: Node ID 0x14 (and 0x15) supports EAPD, will update state after sleep. So it appears to be working. Kinda... Still no input tho. Maybe there's some other commands I need to add into custom commands array?

Also I noticed that when laptop wakes up from sleep, the Input level indicator in settings jumps up, this also happens when I plug in or pull out the jack. So there is some feedback, but no sound.

John from applelife.ru has a thread about it, and it said he used Codec Commander to get mic to work

John from applelife.ru has a thread about it, and it said he used Codec Commander to get mic to work

I found that thread, as I understand, it's a problem with combo jack variants only. Z580 has 2 separate jacks so it works for him. Also, his layout and platforms are already included in latest AppleALC with id 28...