Question on ASUS P7P55D-E LX

loganMac

11 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Hope someone can guide through or explain the reason.

I have ASUS P7P55D-E LX, legacy bios. graphic card ATI Radeon HD 5670 Device ID 0x68D8.

I'm trying to install El Capitan 10.11 and was unable to pass the white screen. It just hang in the white screen with circle spinning icon.

This is what I did.  I formatted 16gb usb as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and use GPT then install El Capitan and successful.

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --nointeraction

Then install Clover_v2.3k_r3650.  My selection as follow:

2zp8vew.jpg

Successful.  Then I copy FakeSMC to USB/EFI/CLOVER/Kext/10.11

Now I boot from USB, it passed all that script then a white screen appear and I'm stuck there.

default bootflag: kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0

Thank you in advance for your help.

Try that and still no good.  Does it make any different that I put FakeSMC in USB/EFI/CLOVER/Kext/10.11 or I need to mount USB so that EFI drive show on desktop then copy FakeSMC to EFI/CLOVER/Kext/10.11?

Current FakeSMC is in USB Drive /EFI/CLOVER/Kext/10.11

<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <true/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

check your config.plist

<key>RtVariables</key><dict>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x67</string>

and

<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
  • Like 1

<dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>Detect</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

I guess I need to change from Detect to Yes. 

I will report back tonight.  Thanks gengik84 and acarde33

Not working,  I kept stuck at white screen after the script loaded "sound assertion in appleHdaDrive at line 1088"

I'm not sure how Christ111 got it to work on this MB. Maybe because he used clover 2,3k r3320 where it support legacy bios and latest Clover might not???

I try to find r3320 but no where to download.

If I make a bootable usb then install latest clover to usb.  I then delete Clover from usb and copy Christ111 clover folder to USB EFI folder, i can install el capitan with r3320 as bootloader.  I either latest clover not compatible with my board cuz it uses UEFI not legacy???

I then delete Clover from usb and copy Christ111 clover folder to USB EFI folder, i can install el capitan with r3320 as bootloader.  I either latest clover not compatible with my board cuz it uses UEFI not legacy???

Do the same for post installation

• Like 1

Do the same for post installation

Everything went good with the terminals command for bootable El Capitan USB and then install latest Clover and selecting the option on 1st post screenshot.

No more stuck on white screen but at a part where it say continue to install El Capitan, I got this msg

This copy of the Install OS X El Capitan application can’t be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading” error,

Cannot do anything

Or I need to do this:

Terminal command: (example)

Date MMDDHHmmYY