AppleLPC not loading on ElCapitan

19 posts in this topic

I have been working to get the power management working on my hack for sometime without success. The lowest speed that my computer idles is 1.4 Ghz. I have SSDT generated from ssdtprgen in my ACPI/patched folder. I am using SMBIOS for iMAC 17,1.

It seems the problem is AppleLPC.kext is not loading when the OSX starts. I searched the forums but could not find an easy answer on how to load it. I am not comfortable modifying DSDT so the best way for me would be to create an injector kext. The problems I am encountering are

1. I don’t know the device ID of my LPC device. I tried DPCI manager but its not listed there. Don’t know where it would be in the DSDT
  2. I tried “fakeLPC=true” on the clover config.plist but my computer does not boot after that. 

I was wondering if someone could help me make an injector kext. I found another thread with an injector kext but it has 9 series motherboard on the info.plist. 

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/309205-applelpckext-not-loading/?hl=%2Bapplelpc&do=findComment&comment=2185351

can I use this kext and replace the device ID of LPC device of my motherboard or additional modifications are needed?

I am attaching my config.plist, DSDT.aml

If you need anything else please let me know. 

TIA

post-1589215-0-43267900-1469843116_thumb.png

I was finally able to get the LPC device ID from the windows device manager, properties. mine was a145.

I used the injector kext and changed the value to a145 and the AppleLPC loads. However, no change in the baseline frequency. Still idles around 1.4 to 1.5 Ghz. 

May be the intel power gadget is not showing accurate frequencies. console does show that XCPM is enable. 

Anyway thanks for your help Allan. 

post-1589215-0-91024200-1469882310_thumb.jpg

post-1589215-0-01495400-1469882401_thumb.png

Thanks Allan, I tried the config.plist but it will not boot with it. I believe whats happening is its dropping all other SSDTs that are needed to boot. I don't have other SSDTs except the once I mentioned above in my ACPI/patched folder. 

Here is my SSDT

SSDT.aml.zip

Did that as well. 
It boots up but no luck with the lower frequencies. 

so far I have tried a lot of things to make it work, without luck. I tried a clean install. I tried macOS Sierra DP1. Played around with clover settings etc. changed frequency vectors to haswell iMac. 

post-1589215-0-62305900-1469905687_thumb.png

The SSDT are ok, and the AppleIntelInfo shows that you got all the states, less the 39.

Did you do some changes in your config.plist?

Take in mind that using iMac SMBios you'll get the same P-States that a real Mac has. Maybe you'll get more results using MacPro SMBios.

But for using the newest MacPro models, is necessary change somethings in your Hackintosh.

I can't specify what exactly thing is, 'cause I've never do that  :P

Hi Allan,

My hack working fine (i guess) I can see that my CPU having some states, lower as well but I'm not sure I'm OK with my DSDT patching.

Also have problem when hack return from sleep...sometimes no audio, wifi not functioning but sometimes it works - except audio.

Can you check my files?

Which files do you need?

my AppleLPC, XCPM are all loaded btw 

• 5 weeks later...

Also have problem when hack return from sleep...sometimes no audio, wifi not functioning but sometimes it works - except audio.

I don't have much experience with X99 boards and Xeon E processors, but I'll try find a solution for this, if I found something, I'll report for you back.  ;)