Graphics drivers for ASUS Z97 + NVIDIA Geforce GT 720

hannele2

12 posts in this topic

I have Yosemite 10.10. Not sure which exact version. It is the latest build from Olarila.

I have been looking at this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307362-geforce-gt-720/

I tried the latest drivers and the drivers for 10.10.2

But I get this message when I try to install the drivers.... How do I know which drivers to install? 

Mac OS X version 10.10.2 (14C1514) is required for this update. 

I have Yosemite 10.10. Not sure which exact version. It is the latest build from Olarila.

I have been looking at this thread http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/307362-geforce-gt-720/

I tried the latest drivers and the drivers for 10.10.2

But I get this message when I try to install the drivers.... How do I know which drivers to install? 

Mac OS X version 10.10.2 (14C1514) is required for this update. 

You must install the one for 10.10.2 

Link 

I suggest you update your OS X first. 

Or you can check your OS version, and get Web drivers for your OS version :)

Very strange - In Windows I can see the address for the file you link to, but in Mac and Safari - all I get is a a stupid page called "go.redirectingat.com". Not sure if that is something the forum does, or if its some phishing protection or something. I will have to type the address manually....

Very strange - In Windows I can see the address for the file you link to, but in Mac and Safari - all I get is a a stupid page called "go.redirectingat.com". Not sure if that is something the forum does, or if its some phishing protection or something. I will have to type the address manually....

hmm very weird. 

The link I linked was from this link http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301416-nvidia-web-driver-updates-for-yosemite-update-07182016/

I think it was only showing that page but actually downloading the drivers. A bit confusing,,,, but the drivers were downloaded. ... Never mind.

But I still can't install them! I get the same message!

Going to try rebooting since that made a huge difference with the networking as well... Plus the machineis being weird and both browsers are behaving strangely...

Update -no those drivers are not getting installed. It's complaining that it;s the wrong version.

I'm having an irritable day and I'm losing my patience with this. Because I realise I'm going to have to go through this for Sound, for Logitech and then sort out the booting because it's not set up right at the moment.... And then when I've done it, I'll have to start from scratch again on my Laptop!

I normally enjoy this kind of stuff but I'm just feeling irritated right now.

I'd best take a break I think.

I was asked about upgrading to "El Capitan" and I said "yes" to that. After that nothing happened. But it may be upgrading in the background without me knowing, We

Hi, 

It won't download and install 10.11 unless you download the El captain app. 

hm.... Something was downloaded. Not sure what it was. And then I installed it. I'm just trying to boot now, to figure out what it was. It took at least 20 minutes to install.

No it's still on Yosemite. Now version 10.10.5 but it's not saying which build number - big problem for me, since I can't find graphics drivers that will install...

hm.... Something was downloaded. Not sure what it was. And then I installed it. I'm just trying to boot now, to figure out what it was. It took at least 20 minutes to install.

No it's still on Yosemite. Now version 10.10.5 but it's not saying which build number - big problem for me, since I can't find graphics drivers that will install.

You can check the build number this way: 

Apple Icon on the left > then About this mac > System report > OS 

But I think you got the latest version of Yosemite. 

• Like 1

SUCCESS AT LAST!  Only one of the drivers worked, it happened to be the second to last under Yosemite 10.10.5 on the page that Dwarfy linked to.

Rebooting now after installing the drivers.

I'm in now! Looking much better....

• Like 1

Yes! :)  I'll start another thread I think - so others can find it. It could already be there (audio) but I'm not hearing anything....

Oh - one more thing: I have two monitors and only one has the right resolution. The other is an old generic monitor that is simply called "VGA" by Mac. I just want a different resolution  - 1280 x 720. Is there any way I can force that?

Only two different resolutions are offered for that  monitor.

Yes! :)  I'll start another thread I think - so others can find it. It could already be there (audio) but I'm not hearing anything....

Oh - one more thing: I have two monitors and only one has the right resolution. The other is an old generic monitor that is simply called "VGA" by Mac. I just want a different resolution  - 1280 x 720. Is there any way I can force that?

Only two different resolutions are offered for that  monitor.

I'm not entirely sure, but i think only those you can see in system preferences are possible.