Display and boot up issues

ycode

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! 

I was stuck in a reboot loop when trying to install the latest El Capitan, so I decided to give macOS Sierra a try. However, I randomly get the message during boot up "error allocating xxx pages at xxx alloc type 2", with osxaptiofix2 (osxaptiofix never worked).

And after booting up with nvda_drv=1, the screen always showed weirdly, but the system is fully functional, I can control it via my iMac with screen sharing.

I searched through the forum for people using the same gtx 750 ti, but unfortunately, there seems to be none, and most reported working cards come with a 6 pin power connector, which may brick my card if I flash to any of those bios.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

post-1757881-0-34872800-1469117036_thumb.jpg

config.txt

post-1757881-0-97468200-1469119908.jpeg

The display issue still existed on different SMBIOS settings, or patches to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext . Later, I turned back to El Capitan, and I figured out that I didn't disable Super IO which caused the reboot loop issue. But, after installing Nvidia web drivers, the screen always turned black no matter how I changed the SMBIOS or AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext , the situation seemed to be worse than macOS Sierra, so I installed it again. And still, I have no idea how to solve the 'error allocating pages' problem, it happens on booting of both OS (including installation).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a passive 750ti,(palit) no power connector just from the PCIe bus, and mine works fine once I installed the nvidia web os drivers. I got glitchy white screen before that though, but still useable to install the drivers