I can't disable NVIDA card for Asus k53sv-sx850

oldman20

72 posts in this topic

Hi all friend, I'm not English but i want to join this forum to learning more knowledge. Im attract with hackintosh.

Now I'm using El capitan 10.11 on my laptop, but it using Optimus technology,which not support by os x. I want to disable NVIDIA GT540M to only using Intel HD3000

Im following topic in this forum

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/295584-disabling-nvidia-optimus-card-on-all-laptops/

but i can't find method to add into my DSDT. I need your help, please help me!

This is All origin ACPI tables extracted with Clover on my laptop

As my knowledge, method which manager NVIDA in my laptop inside DSDT file, not SSDT, i really want to know where/what to insert into DSDT file. You can guide me step by step, please, i really want to know. Thanks your help very much!

origin.zip

You already messed up a lot of thing in your .dsl files...

Please provide the original extracted files from using the F4 key in clover boot menu...

• Like 1

Ok...

I tried my luck with your DSDT and it was an adventure... :)

I did not only try to get rid of your Nvidia card but also tried to already inject and patch a lot of the common stuff (Battery, Brightness, HD3000 low res, HDMI Audio, Onboard Audio layout-id 12, ...)

Hope it works...

I also attached a couple KextToPatch-Entries in regards to your HD3000 as a text-file...

Archive.zip

• Like 1

Ok...

I tried my luck with your DSDT and it was an adventure... :)

I did not only try to get rid of your Nvidia card but also tried to already inject and patch a lot of the common stuff (Battery, Brightness, HD3000 low res, HDMI Audio, Onboard Audio layout-id 12, ...)

Hope it works...

I also attached a couple KextToPatch-Entries in regards to your HD3000 as a text-file...

Many thanks your work, bro! Have a nice day

akPMs9.png

Would you guide me step by step how you disable Optimus Nvidia on my DSDT, please?  Cause i cant find how to do it with other guide on internet! I readly impressive with your help, thanks you so much again :rolleyes:

Can i ask more quest in this topic, or must a new thread? I alway see this popup when open hackintosh, it's cause USB 3.0, right? How can i make it dissapear still can using 3.0 port, bro?

btzFE5.png

And this is my camera, i thing need patch smt, cause when im open webcam,the led webcam is on, but cant see anything

v20k8r.png

kHsx5D.png

Hi,

In regards to your request for a guide, this would be kind of impossible, since this should mean to write down every possible combination of Patches in regards to any available Laptop-/Device-/DSDT&SSDT-combination...

There is no real straightforward way of doing this...

The most crucial part is the use of Maciasl with the newest IASL (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads) and the Laptop-Patch-Resources from Rehabman (http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master).

In Maciasl you will find the following patches for disabling the discrete graphics:

post-638272-0-32785000-1469423894_thumb.jpg

But before you can use that, you must make sure, that the DSDT Devices for Graphics are renamed as necessary to go ahead.

In OSX the "Device (IGPU)" marks the internal graphics, while "Device (GFX0)" stands for the external/discrete ones...

The following patches might help in that matter:

post-638272-0-44502800-1469423901_thumb.jpg

Since the different BIOS-Files available over all these years, the original names of those devices in an extracted DSDT might differ from what will be checked in the DSDT-patch.

in Example:

The patch "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" looks for "GFX0" to switch that to "IGPU" and would have done the task without problem... But a lot of the renames would lead to a lot of errors while trying to compile the DSDT.

The problem is, that your original DSDT also contains the external/discrete graphics named "GFX0" but bound to "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0" while the internal graphics would only be using "\_SB.PCI0.GFX0"...

In that case all DSDT entries with now ".PEGR.IGPU" must be again renamed to ".PEGR.GFX0" to be able to compile without errors before the patches from the first screenshot can be used.

The patches for "Disable nvidia/radeon" uses the string "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" to find the external/discrete graphics, which now would be "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0"...

So you have to replace "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" to "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0" within the patches to make sure the right devices will be found and patched...

Since a couple of those patches might also be used on SSDTs from your device, you have to make sure that those SSDTs have or have not entries in regards to the original "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0", which in your laptop was not the case, but could be in newer laptops...

With this information I could use all 4 patches in "Disable nvidia/radeon" only on your DSDT and it worked fine... ;)

Your onboard webcam might not be sufficient to be used in Facetime... please check it first with the app "Photo Booth" which might work, even if "Facetime" not shows a picture...

Your USB problem seems also happen to original Apple Devices...

Check out with IOREgistryExplorer, which USB device is using to much power on your system and either disable it in your BIOs, if it is a internal device like Bluetooth or your webcam, or don't plug it in, if it is an external device.

I didn't find a perfect solution at this time, but maybe some of the other folks in this forum can add their suggestions or solutions.

• Like 1

Hi,

In regards to your request for a guide, this would be kind of impossible, since this should mean to write down every possible combination of Patches in regards to any available Laptop-/Device-/DSDT&SSDT-combination...

There is no real straightforward way of doing this...

The most crucial part is the use of Maciasl with the newest IASL (https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/acpica/downloads) and the Laptop-Patch-Resources from Rehabman (http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master).

In Maciasl you will find the following patches for disabling the discrete graphics:

attachicon.gifmaciasl_discretegraphics.jpg

But before you can use that, you must make sure, that the DSDT Devices for Graphics are renamed as necessary to go ahead.

In OSX the "Device (IGPU)" marks the internal graphics, while "Device (GFX0)" stands for the external/discrete ones...

The following patches might help in that matter:

attachicon.gifmaciasl_renamegraphicsdevices.jpg

Since the different BIOS-Files available over all these years, the original names of those devices in an extracted DSDT might differ from what will be checked in the DSDT-patch.

in Example:

The patch "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" looks for "GFX0" to switch that to "IGPU" and would have done the task without problem... But a lot of the renames would lead to a lot of errors while trying to compile the DSDT.

The problem is, that your original DSDT also contains the external/discrete graphics named "GFX0" but bound to "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0" while the internal graphics would only be using "\_SB.PCI0.GFX0"...

In that case all DSDT entries with now ".PEGR.IGPU" must be again renamed to ".PEGR.GFX0" to be able to compile without errors before the patches from the first screenshot can be used.

The patches for "Disable nvidia/radeon" uses the string "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" to find the external/discrete graphics, which now would be "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0"...

So you have to replace "\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP" to "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0" within the patches to make sure the right devices will be found and patched...

Since a couple of those patches might also be used on SSDTs from your device, you have to make sure that those SSDTs have or have not entries in regards to the original "\_SB.PCI0.PEGR.GFX0", which in your laptop was not the case, but could be in newer laptops...

With this information I could use all 4 patches in "Disable nvidia/radeon" only on your DSDT and it worked fine... ;)

Your onboard webcam might not be sufficient to be used in Facetime... please check it first with the app "Photo Booth" which might work, even if "Facetime" not shows a picture...

Your USB problem seems also happen to original Apple Devices...

Check out with IOREgistryExplorer, which USB device is using to much power on your system and either disable it in your BIOs, if it is a internal device like Bluetooth or your webcam, or don't plug it in, if it is an external device.

I didn't find a perfect solution at this time, but maybe some of the other folks in this forum can add their suggestions or solutions.

Hi, thanks your help very very much, i think it's very clearly. But sorry, i don't know how can explain, just want to ask like:

1. http://raw.github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch/master

I cant except to this link, maybe it's https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

it's the same, right bro?

2. I saw in your dsdt patched (on the left) and my dsdt not patched (on the right), those lines begin :"IASL Warning..." Did you delete manual by hand, or it's auto? This work any effect to fix disable, or smt, or not?

VYFaae.png

3. In 1st picture, 2 patches for SSDT,but in my case only DSDT must patch, i can using it?

With 2nd picture your post, did you apply all 5 patches? order or not? Cause when im apply the first patch in that pic, then 2nd, then turn 1st patch, it's still mark 2 changes ??? i think it must show 0 change, right bro? what's happen?

And with the last patches (patch 5), it show like this

TwJftO.png

It's wrong,right? so i don't need apply it???

4. Im try using PhotoBook, same with FaceTime, the led on, but still a dark screen, not see anything

One again, thanks you very much, my friend! I can learn smt when talk about you!

One more thing i wanna you guide me, that is how i create USB install Mac 10.11.6 bootting UEFI, Clover. I will explain, i have trouble not with step create USB install, i have trouble when boot from USB. I installed and copy all file in EFI from HDD to EFI of USB, but alway hang on with error load kernel cache,... But if boot with safemode will able. How can i fix it. If i recreate USB install Mac 10.11 is ok with same step. I dont know why?

First of all... please do not answer by citing my previous post... It makes you part of the post hard to read or comprehend.

Answer 1.:

The Link I posted must be added to Maciasl -> Preferences -> Sources:

post-638272-0-38773400-1469469409_thumb.jpg

Answer 2.:

I didn't any cleaning on that part on purpose... I guess one of the patches might had such an effect... :)

Answer 3.:
a.) I used all of the patches from the first picture, but I had to change the following strings "PEG0.PEGP" in the patch to the stuff in the already patched DSDT, which was "PEGR.GFX0".

b.) From the second picture I only used "Rename BD03 to HDAU" and "Rename GFX0 to IGPU"... you don't have to use the other 3 patches. But make sure you search "PEGR.IGPU" and replace with "PEGR.GFX0" and also change the "Device (IGPU)", which will be found underneath "Device (PEGR)", to "Device (GFX0)"... otherwise the mentioned way in answer 3.a. will not work.

Answer 4.:

To bad... if your webcam doesn't work, there is nothing I can do... On my Ivy Bridge Laptops the camera works fine, but they don't have high res... maybe your webcam has even less resolution then my low res cameras, which might be the issue why neither facetime nor photo booth showing a picture...

Answer 5.:

Did you install clover on the USB stick, before copying the contents of the HDD-EFI to the USB-EFI?

Do the following test... boot from HDD-EFI while the USB is connected... do you see "Boot from Install OSX" or whatever the name of your USB-OSX-Partition is?

Try to start the installer from the HDD-EFI Clover Bootmenu.... does it work?

• Like 1

@

al6042: many thanks your advanced, i did it success, thanks a lot of!!! i understand your answer 1, 2, 3

With answer 4, it's so sad if that true, my webcam only 0.3pixel

With answer 5, i installed Clover to USB, of course. Then i copy file in EFI from HDD to EFI of USB, it's hang on when boot,similiar error OsxAptioFix, i wonder why how's it error with this efi driver? i using it very well on EFI from HDD, right?

@kosakgroove: thanks your intruction, i trying but no lucky. anyway for solution, bro?

and forgive me, if this quest is wrong:

How can to check optimus is disable or just hide, bro?

@al6042

Hi, can you help me with this.

I have the "low-end gpu" version of his notebook (k53sJ - NV 520M)

I applied all the patches, the gpu is disabled but i have a problem with the fan.

When my nvidia is disabled the fan stays at full speed, if i load a dsdt where the nvidia is enabled the fan is ok.

Does your HDEF Layout ID 3 work on your machine?

It would also be interesting to see your original DSDT, since I found a couple of hints which seemed to be different to oldman20's DSDT.

• Like 1

@al6042

I applied all the patches, the gpu is disabled but i have a problem with the fan.

When my nvidia is disabled the fan stays at full speed, if i load a dsdt where the nvidia is enabled the fan is ok.

Excuse, would you tell me how do you know that? Your Laptop or Desktop?

@al6042

To bad... In that case go back to your own DSDT... 

Sorry, I wish I could help

Hi all friend! I realize got same problem with @kylon. But even i boot into mackintosh without DSDT disable Optimus, i still hear Fan alway full speed! How can i fix it, @al6042?

In regards to your your fan issue I recommend to create a dedicated SSDT for your CPU by using the latest version of Piker-Alphas ssdtPRGen-Script.

To make it work as expected you have to add the following Clover settings to your config.plist:

<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>