SB0350 (Audigy2 ZS) problems

marvelloard

10 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm having troubles with my SB0350 :(

Actually it never worked perfectly fine, but I thought maybe I can fix it now..

HW: Gigabyte EP45-DS3L w/ Q9500 and 8GB RAM, GTX 650 Ti.

El capitan latest w/ all updates.

This machine is old but works amazingly fast. The SSD helps..

The sound card works quite well using kX audio kext. But once in a while I get distortion (like during watching youtube), and after a couple of seconds it starts to get better until it's fine again. Also (more rarely) after sleep sometimes there's no sound on the left speaker, but after a while the sound just pops in again.

Nothing's overclocked, console doesn't show any errors once this all happens. So I'm having a hard time tracking this down. It's been always buggy (10.6+), except the distortion never fixed itself some years ago (but also I used an older kX version back in the day) and the left-channel-dead-syndrome seems to be new.

Can someone help me?

• 7 months later...

it is a driver issue from the sample buffer, i created a modded version of the driver that hopefully may fix that, and also adds some others improvements, see my thread for more

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321954-kx-audio-driver-mod-sound-blaster-live-audigy-124rx-emu-edsp/

you can find the downloads on the latest post from me

• Like 1

Thank you so much for your work on this driver. I just started testing and will give you feedback soon. I already like the fact it registers with a more nicely looking string to the system, even if I think you could eliminate the "kx" from the beginning (and put it towards the end of the string), for optical reasons. But more importantly, I hope to get rid of the crackling.

• Like 1

thank you very much i worked on the mod for the last weeks, and i find that that name mod would make the driver more user friendly, and i will take seriously in consideration your suggestion for names, and i am also an owner of an audigy 2 zs sb0350, and i had that issues with the original driver too, my driver mod should fix it, or if not, reduce a lot, i still have to do tests with the last build of the driver on the audigy 2 cards, but on live! cards (10k1 chip) the problem has vanished according to the tests i have done

try to use midi configuration app to let the card to work in stereo mode instead of other one, then reboot, it may fix some error related to codecs that will not work, i am not testing a new beta version of the driver to test the name change and to do proper tests on audigy 2 zs

Since the last reboot yesterday the card has been 100% stable, I'll keep an eye on that.

Thank you so much!

well, keep me informed if there are some strange bugs or problems, the driver is still experimental so problems may appear, but the version i gived to you is quite stable