[Guide] Mac OSX 10.12 and 10.13 with X99 Broadwell-E family and Haswell-E family

nmano

1,954 posts in this topic

Hey Nightflyer, so you were able to get Sierra running? If so how did you install the OS?

Is it like how nmano did his? BTW nmano, GOOD JOB!!

OR Is it similar to using Augustopaulo's Guide?

No i wasn't...i'm stopped at the beginning with a KP message. I tried nmano config.plist (with some changes) and kexts but i cannot login to Sierra....and in these days i've not much time to spend to try again  :)

Guess its not a big deal. I installed Sierra on my older macbook pro just to test the new OS and found out that I have some apps that are not compatible with the new OS. And honestly I want all the apps I have to work on the more powerful Hackintosh. I can wait.  :yes:

No i wasn't...i'm stopped at the beginning with a KP message. I tried nmano config.plist (with some changes) and kexts but i cannot login to Sierra....and in these days i've not much time to spend to try again  :)

About memory allocation probs try OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi from here https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackintosh-osxaptiofixdrv-allocaterelocblock-error-update/ but put only this without other optio versions.

About KP you should check your system and change something in config.plist according to your system.

thanks for the help nmano and thenightflyer. I was able to get to the installer screen using your EFI (haven't installed it yet). I have a few questions though:

1. You mentioned that you can not login to Sierra. Does it mean that you were successful in installing it on your machine, but not go pass through the login screen once booted into Sierra?

2. In your EFI folder, there is a folder named "Apple" that contains few files. It turns out that I can not login if I remove that folder. When I install Clover onto my disk, this particular folder does not show up. Do I need some specific option to check while installing Clover to get this folder? (Just ensuring I understand what's going on).

3. nmano has suggestions for kernel editing. I checked in clover configurator using your config.plist, and there were two patches applied to the kernel. Are others not needed for your setup?

Thanks a lot for your time.

@saijhon

Starting from your working config.plist for El Capitan you have to change only reboot fix patch and brunbaer patch to have success

Other stuff is if it is convenient now..for the reason you say..also benchmark in my case are similar to my El Capitan rig

Also, same xcpm behavior for lower steps

edit then you have to fix audio and usb as previous setup

I see in your signature that your setup is quite similar to my own, and it sounds like you were able to successfully install Sierra. Can you please confirm it?

Thanks for the heads up Fabiosun.

But how did you install the OS? Is there a script like the one Augustopaulo used/provided?

I downloaded nmano's Mac OS Installer but I dont see an app or script....

@saijhon

Starting from your working config.plist for El Capitan you have to change only reboot fix patch and brunbaer patch to have success

Other stuff is if it is convenient now..for the reason you say..also benchmark in my case are similar to my El Capitan rig

Also, same xcpm behavior for lower steps

edit then you have to fix audio and usb as previous setup

X99DSDT_Fix 

# Maintained by:N.Mano

# Credit: PikeRAlpha, RehabMan

# Compiler Options:ACPI 6.1

# File_X99DSDT_Fix

# X99 Gaming G1 wifi and any X99 series

# Bios update F22E/F22H/F22J  latest bios

#Get tools MaciASL latest version and IORegistryExplorer and DPCIManager

#Get your original DSDT

#First Comfile Fixed  Errors & Warnings then rename

#Before patch you have to Rename check folder(Graphics/HDMI/WIFI/M2)

#Check your Device ID and model names all devices

#You must change  (graphics card and sound card & Any X card) device id and model names.

Fixed  Errors & Warnings &Device IDS

DTGP

HDEF

HDAU

HID/CID

EH01

EH02

XHC

HPET

RTC

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

SMBUS

SHUTDOWN

REMOVED DEVICES

LPC

FIX WARNINGS

SM951/SM950/SSD/M2-NVMe

IMEI

AHCI

FRWR

HDMI

Bios setting

XHCI Mode-Enabled

CSM-Disabled

config.plist and Clover Setting notes for install OSX 10.11 or 10.12

1 Disable nvidia graphics

2.Dont use fake cpu ID just leave blank

3.Dont add dsdt and wifi kext and AppleALC.kext

4.install All kext and UEFI drivers

5.Add Change 15 Port Limit To 30 patch.

6.Make sure install X99_Injector USB 3.kext and FakeSMC.kext uefi drivers and config.plist 

Clover boot menu space bar to select verbose boot.

After OSX install you have to install graphics

If you have Nvidia Graphics card Install patched AppleGraphicsControl.kext and install with patched DSDT

Enable nvidia graphics or change config.plist from after install folder

Restart.

Lots people download my files but nobody like my posts thats sad.

Enjoy :thumbsup_anim: 

X99DSDT_Fix.zip

• Like 8

nmano,

nice job in putting this all together. Been building Hack's for a while, but the X99 is definitely a challenge. I'll attach my own config later when I get a chance.

Just a few notes from my setup of Sierra, which is on a X99P-SLI board.

• I need to use npci=0x3000 for the PCI devices to be recognized correctly.
  • My graphics card is on BR3A, under H000, not GFX0. It's also onboard-1, not onboard-2
  • You originally had a DSDT patch for sSATA, which isn't in your latest zip file. Any reason? BTW, although my MB has sSATA and I applied the patch, it doesn't show up under the PCI section of the System Report. Maybe because I don't have any devices attached?
  • I have a 5820K, and use the FakeCPUiD Clover setting in order to have XCPM working correctly
  • I can't use the X99Injector kext because it moves all my USB 2 devices under USB3

Chivs

• Like 1

nmano,

nice job in putting this all together. Been building Hack's for a while, but the X99 is definitely a challenge. I'll attach my own config later when I get a chance.

Just a few notes from my setup of Sierra, which is on a X99P-SLI board.

• I need to use npci=0x3000 for the PCI devices to be recognized correctly.
  • My graphics card is on BR3A, under H000, not GFX0. It's also onboard-1, not onboard-2
  • You originally had a DSDT patch for sSATA, which isn't in your latest zip file. Any reason? BTW, although my MB has sSATA and I applied the patch, it doesn't show up under the PCI section of the System Report. Maybe because I don't have any devices attached?
  • I have a 5820K, and use the FakeCPUiD Clover setting in order to have XCPM working correctly
  • I can't use the X99Injector kext because it moves all my USB 2 devices under USB3

Chivs

You can change what ever you need onboard-1 or onboard-2

Look rename detail in side folder.

Under BR3A H000 to IGPU and H001 to HDA1

Try to make your devices All in one patch.

BIOS Configuration for USB 3 Flash drive with clover

1. Intel USB 3.0 XHCI Mode Enabled
  2. CSM Disable
  3. XHCI-Hand-off-Enabled
  4. EHCI-Hand-off-Enabled

BIOS Configuration for USB 2 Flash drive with clover

1. Intel USB 3.0 XHCI Mode Smart Auto
  2. CSM Disable
  3. XHCI-Hand-off-Enabled
  4. EHCI-Hand-off-Enabled

You can change what ever you need onboard-1 or onboard-2

Look rename detail in side folder.

Under BR3A H000 to IGPU and H001 to HDA1

Try to make your devices All in one patch.

Yes, you just have to be careful, because taking the patch as-is and renaming H000 to IGPU causes the first instance of H000, which is under BR2A to have the graphics card inserted.

Yes, you just have to be careful, because taking the patch as-is and renaming H000 to IGPU causes the first instance of H000, which is under BR2A to have the graphics card inserted.

IGPU is Fake name after patch change to GFX0

​don't worry.

I am having the hardest time getting my graphics card to function properly. It just says NVIDIA Chip Model 9 MB with lots of flickering. Its a GTX 970 w/ driver 367.15.10.05f01 using the nvidiaweb true method.

Also, cannot figure out the DSDT on x99. Could this be the cause? Using Asus-X99 Deluxe, GTX 970, 5930k (oc 4.2ghz) I've uploaded an IOReg, System Report and my Origin DSDT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MqqAZKybPjU0k3QlFrSjhIN2s/view?usp=sharing

I am having the hardest time getting my graphics card to function properly. It just says NVIDIA Chip Model 9 MB with lots of flickering. Its a GTX 970 w/ driver 367.15.10.05f01 using the nvidiaweb true method.

Also, cannot figure out the DSDT on x99. Could this be the cause? Using Asus-X99 Deluxe, GTX 970, 5930k (oc 4.2ghz) I've uploaded an IOReg, System Report and my Origin DSDT. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MqqAZKybPjU0k3QlFrSjhIN2s/view?usp=sharing

I thing you have to add nvda_drv=1 to nvram.plist try to fix graphics issue first.

No luck with the nvram.plist. Here is what nvram -xp gives me

"nvram -xp

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EmuVariableUefiPresent</key>

<data>

WWVz

</data>

<key>OsxAptioFixDrv-RelocBase</key>

<data>

AGD1gwAAAAA=

</data>

<key>bluetoothActiveControllerInfo</key>

<data>

ChgFCwAAAABgFEDiMJjMPA==

</data>

<key>bootercfg</key>

<data>

KAA=

</data>

<key>csr-active-config</key>

<data>

ZwAAAA==

</data>

<key>fmm-computer-name</key>

<data>

U3RpY2vigJlzIE1hYyBQcm8=

</data>

<key>nvda_drv</key>

<data>

MQA=

</data>

<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>

<data>

ZW46MA==

</data>

<key>security-mode</key>

<string>none</string>

</dict>

</plist>"

It seems like it is loaded as the NVIDIA Driver Manager says it is. The About Mac window still says NVIDIA Chip Model 9 MB. 

Just edit  nvram.plist like this

post-413859-0-25901400-1474751015_thumb.png

I was able to get the graphics working! There was an issue with the Applegraphicscontrol.kext. I reinstalled the stock one and manually patched it. That did the trick. Thanks for helping me problem solve.

Any help with the DSDT/SSDT? Still can't quite grasp that. Asus-X99 Deluxe, GTX 970, 5930k (oc 4.2ghz), 64gb 2400mhz DDR3. I've uploaded an IOReg, System Report and my Origin DSDT.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4MqqAZKybPjR1N2Q2RCWDJ0X0U

I was able to get the graphics working! There was an issue with the Applegraphicscontrol.kext. I reinstalled the stock one and manually patched it. That did the trick. Thanks for helping me problem solve.

Any help with the DSDT/SSDT? Still can't quite grasp that. Asus-X99 Deluxe, GTX 970, 5930k (oc 4.2ghz), 64gb 2400mhz DDR3. I've uploaded an IOReg, System Report and my Origin DSDT.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4MqqAZKybPjR1N2Q2RCWDJ0X0U

Test this set your HDEF layout ID

Asus-X99 Deluxe.zip

• Like 1

Finally i was able to boot with Sierra last build thanks to nmano guide and help! I used nmano files, the updated one. Config.plist (i removed nvme last booted drive) and kexts. I've an X99 Deluxe USB3.1 board with unlocked msr 3301 bios.

Everything seems to run smootly, graphic card and xcpm but i noticed that not all usb3 ports are working. 

PS Thanks to my friend fabiosun too for helping me to setup files and for his big patience with me.

• Like 1

Finally i was able to boot with Sierra last build thanks to nmano guide and help! I used nmano files, the updated one. Config.plist (i removed nvme last booted drive) and kexts. I've an X99 Deluxe USB3.1 board with unlocked msr 3301 bios.

Everything seems to run smootly, graphic card and xcpm but i noticed that not all usb3 ports are working. 

PS Thanks to my friend fabiosun too for helping me to setup files and for his big patience with me.

May I ask which drivers do you have in EFI/Clover/Drivers64 folder? If I warm boot, I get stuck on memory allocation, but a cold boot takes me through. I have the OsxAptioFixDrv-2000.efi

May I ask which drivers do you have in EFI/Clover/Drivers64 folder? If I warm boot, I get stuck on memory allocation, but a cold boot takes me through. I have the OsxAptioFixDrv-2000.efi

To solve memory allocation probs i use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of OsxAptiodrv provided by clover. I got the same issue without the free2000 version.

To solve memory allocation probs i use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of OsxAptiodrv provided by clover. I got the same issue without the free2000 version.

yeah that's the one I am using but warm boot always gets stuck. Are you facing this problem too? Also, what other drivers are you using (some might cause problems?)

yeah that's the one I am using but warm boot always gets stuck. Are you facing this problem too? Also, what other drivers are you using (some might cause problems?)

I've DataHubDxe-64 - EmuVariableUefi-64 (mandatory for my board) - FSInject-64 - HFSPlus - OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000 and OsxFatBinaryDrv-64

I have the same Mainboard. You have modded bios ore unlock msr with KernelPatch? If You have modded bios can you share the file?