DP2 w/ GTX 970: No displayport

Conrad v

1 post in this topic

EDIT: SOLVED. Turned out to be a non-hackintosh related issue. Booted up windows on a whim: no displayport. After some googling, looks like known issue with 970, and the fix was to unplug the monitor's power cable, wait a second, and plug it back in (wtf?). After reading other topics regarding 970 and similar cards with non-functioning displayport - but hdmi/dvi working - this may be a common fix. Cheers!

I upgraded to the second developer preview last night (was on DP1 previously). DP1 worked great on my machine. Upgrade was painless until Nvidia driver update....booted with nv_disable then upgraded nvidia like normal. But then I got endless reboot loop - at about the halfway point in the boot process (when the video drivers normally kick on) the machine would restart. Finally able to fix after some combination of clearing nvram, letting clover generate a new config.plist, and setting to write nvram to disk always. Now I can boot with graphics, except the DisplayPort on my graphics card doesn't seem to work. HDMI and both DVI ports are fine. Unplugging or reinserting the DisplayPort does cause all monitors to flicker, but the monitor connected to the DisplayPort is never recognized.

Any advice?

Msi gtx 970

Sabertooth x79

I7-4930k

EDIT: possibly related to Clover upgrade. I upgraded Clover on target volume before upgraded to DP2. Was on an older version of Clover that involved replacing single .efi drivers (https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/4o3cf3/guide_to_install_macos_sierra_developer_preview/?st=iqpjy795&sh=cb3be5e8). If I boot to my backup installation of DP1 from the new clover, displayport does not work there either. Experimenting with config.plist (I removed my old plist and let clover generate a new one when upgrading...this machine uses a pretty vanilla config.plist).