Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Sorry but Build_Clover_mojave.command isn't v4.8.8 work branch. There is some difference. I test official v4.8.8 with success on Mojave/Xcode 10 Beta.

875940099_Screenshot2018-06-16at19_29_11.png.1ad9312e61c16371218d7d075645ff8f.png

This is what I see when running Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command. If it's not, then I guess something is wrong on my side. Cause it definitely says 4.8.8 up top. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

875940099_Screenshot2018-06-16at19_29_11.png.1ad9312e61c16371218d7d075645ff8f.png

This is what I see when running Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command. If it's not, then I guess something is wrong on my side. Cause it definitely says 4.8.8 up top. :) 

Thanks, just updated moment ago!

Spoiler

Qp5Pdff.png

3 minutes ago, arsradu said:

You have update the script: so Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command become official v4.8.8. I just did the test

Capture d’écran 2018-06-16 à 18.36.49.png

8 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

You have update the script: so Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command become official v4.8.8. I just did the test

I see. Well I guess it's good that it works, right? :)) After all, updating the script and then building is what most of the people will actually do. :) Anyway, thanks for pointing that out.

9 minutes ago, arsradu said:

There you go. :)

Build_Clover_Terminal_Output

But I found this from your logs: (though I have no idea how to fix it, fyi only)

Spoiler

build.py...
 : error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
		/Users/jimmy/src/edk2/ApfsSupportPkg/ApfsSupportPkg.dsc (Please give file in absolute path or relative to WORKSPACE)

- Failed -
Build end time: 19:33:26, Jun.16 2018
Build total time: 00:00:00

================================================================================
boot6
                             <--------------------------------------------------
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/jimmy/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/jimmy/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/jimmy/src/edk2

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/jimmy/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 5 

16 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Wrong! Edit the Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command script of @vector sigma I sent you before and you will see v.4.8.6! This script is from yesterday, when version 4.8.8 did not exist at all!

2 minutes ago, Badruzeus said:

But I found this from your logs: (though I have no idea how to fix it, fyi only)

Hide contents

build.py...
 : error 000E: File/directory not found in workspace
		/Users/jimmy/src/edk2/ApfsSupportPkg/ApfsSupportPkg.dsc (Please give file in absolute path or relative to WORKSPACE)

- Failed -
Build end time: 19:33:26, Jun.16 2018
Build total time: 00:00:00

================================================================================
boot6
                             <--------------------------------------------------
TOOLCHAIN_DIR: /Users/jimmy/src/opt/local
MTOC_PREFIX: /Users/jimmy/src/opt/local/bin/
NASM_PREFIX: /opt/local/bin/
NASM_VER: 2.13.03
Building from: /Users/jimmy/src/edk2

Running edk2 build for CloverX64 using the command:
build  -D NO_GRUB_DRIVERS_EMBEDDED --conf=/Users/jimmy/src/edk2/Conf -D USE_LOW_EBDA -p Clover/Clover.dsc  -a X64 -b RELEASE -t XCODE8 -n 5 

Yeah...that looks like another path/workspace issue.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Capture d’écran 2018-06-16 à 18.36.49.png

Also wrong.. I just dowloaded the official release of 4.8.8 and it does not work for me.. However Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command does... thus, please don't spread things here wich are not true.. 

However, I am glad that 4.8.8 works for all of you. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Also wrong.. I just dowloaded the official release of 4.8.8 and it does not work for me.. However Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command does... thus, please don't spread things here wich are not true.. 

@KGP-iMacPro, this is the fault of your setup. Already told you how to solve in Terminal:

export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" && buildclover

You have installed something that doesn't work on your System, the above is just a workaround to skip everythings you have installed and so use only vanilla paths.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

@KGP-iMacPro, this is the fault of your setup. Already told you how to solve in Terminal:

export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin" && buildclover

You have installed something that doesn't work on your System, the above is just a workaround to skip everythings you have installed and so use only vanilla paths.

For sure :D.. All I say that the script you sent me is different from 4.8.8 :wink_anim:

Anyway 4.8.7 still used Xcode 5 toolchain with Xcode 10 and 10.14... Thus by forcing 4.8.8, we still improved something.. 

I will just use the export Path for myself..

The rest seems solved and clarified. 

Thanks to everybody for all help and clarification!

Update:

After adding the export PATH above to Build-Clover.command script v4.8.8,

1479225460_Screenshot2018-06-16at19_22_20.thumb.png.b7ea9a1e7d2e08b88d547c1884f8911f.png

the script works flawless also on my system...

This trick might help all users who did not perform a clean install of Mojave and who further employ Brew, QT5, UEFITool or macPort implementations like latex, X11, gcc etc. Thanks @vector sigma for all your kind help and support  :yes: 

Gorgeous, man! 

841809673_Screenshot2018-06-16at19_29_35.png.dec00e94fc8e58b2e164bb7349329e42.png

Edited by KGP-iMacPro

1 hour ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Wrong! Edit the Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command script of @vector sigma I sent you before and you will see v.4.8.6! This script is from yesterday, when version 4.8.8 did not exist at all!

Ok. Sorry about that. I redownloaded the script from your post, and all the sources, and here is the log for v4.8.6 (default version, no update, no nothing).

Hope this time it's ok.

Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10_log

Edited by arsradu

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Ok. Sorry about that. I redownloaded the script from your post, and all the sources, and here is the log for v4.8.6 (default version, no update, no nothing).

Hope this time it's ok.

Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10_log

I guess everything now has been clarified.. finally :P .. just see my last post above with the additional Update :wink_anim: ...

19 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

May I ask you to remove your ~/src/edk folder and start the script with the "bash -x" prefix? It seems ApfsSupportPkg doesn't get built for some reason according to your previous output. Thanks!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Sure. Which version? 4.8.6 or 4.8.8?

19 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

I guess everything now has been clarified.. finally :P .. just see my last post above with the additional Update :wink_anim: ...

I see.. Isn't that the command to reset $PATH (or default $PATH anyway)?

Edited by arsradu

32 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

May I ask you to remove your ~/src/edk folder and start the script with the "bash -x" prefix? It seems ApfsSupportPkg doesn't get built for some reason according to your previous output. Thanks!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

Alright, so latest version of Build_Clover.command (4.8.8), ran with bash -x, log attached (clean sources).

Let me know if that's ok.

By the way, I didn't update symlinks this time. Not sure if that makes any difference. I just thought I should tell you, in case it does. I just ran the script with bash -x prefix, downloaded the sources and built a standard build.

Build_Clover_log

354478855_Screenshot2018-06-16at21_24_35.png.6ae796cd9ed765f072b07882552a438a.png

Edited by arsradu

9 minutes ago, Pavo said:

What packages did you have to install to get it to work on ubuntu?

This is done by Build_Clover.command.

Well I don't remember exactly, I think uuid dev and build essentiel

It also works with windows 10 with native linux emulator and ubuntu 18.04 :)

Fred

Edited by FredWst

40 minutes ago, FredWst said:

This is done by Build_Clover.command.

Well I don't remember exactly, I think uuid dev and build essentiel

It also works with windows 10 with native linux emulator and ubuntu 18.04 :)

Fred

Where does it put the Clover Installer package once its done? Not seeing an output of location and its not located in src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym

4 hours ago, arsradu said:

Alright, so latest version of Build_Clover.command (4.8.8), ran with bash -x, log attached (clean sources).

Let me know if that's ok.

By the way, I didn't update symlinks this time. Not sure if that makes any difference. I just thought I should tell you, in case it does. I just ran the script with bash -x prefix, downloaded the sources and built a standard build.

Build_Clover_log

354478855_Screenshot2018-06-16at21_24_35.png.6ae796cd9ed765f072b07882552a438a.png

Your log looks good. So it really works with Mojave/Xcode 10 without any problem....

1 hour ago, Pavo said:

Where does it put the Clover Installer package once its done? Not seeing an output of location and its not located in src/edk2/Clover/CloverPackage/sym

The installer package is not being generated in Linux for

1. It's macOS-specific, therefore useless in Linux

2. The tools, needed for building it are present in macOS only.

• Like 1

Well I just made a clover_build docker using the script that @vector sigma created. You must have Docker for Mac and just start Docker for Mac up and run the following in terminal:

docker run -it -v $HOME/Desktop/Clover_Build:/root/src --name clover_builder pavo/clover_builder 

This will create a folder on the user's Desktop called Clover_Build and as the container runs it will copy everything from the /root/src directory inside the container to the Clover_Build directory on the user's desktop. After you have compiled Clover the location of the resulting build is $HOME/Desktop/Clover_Build/edk2/Clover/CloverPackages/CloverV2/EFI. Just copy $HOME/Desktop/Clover_Build/edk2/Clover/CloverPackages/CloverV2/EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.efi and $HOME/Desktop/Clover_Build/edk2/Clover/CloverPackages/CloverV2/EFI/CLOVER/CLOVERX64.efi to your EFI and your previous Clover is now up to date.

Edited by Pavo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pavo said:

It didn't provide a pkg you need manual install.

Fred