Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

Alright guys, just uploaded the new test version 4.5.0. Now Apple's proprietary EFI drivers (HFS+ and APFS) can be added to the package and that is configurable through the two variables USEHFSPLUS and USEAPFS (lines 63 and 64). The EFI files will be downloaded and stored in ~/src/tools in case they're missing.

The test script is at the usual place.

• Like 6

Alright guys, just uploaded the new test version 4.5.0. Now Apple's proprietary EFI drivers (HFS+ and APFS) can be added to the package and that is configurable through the two variables USEHFSPLUS and USEAPFS (lines 63 and 64). The EFI files will be downloaded and stored in ~/src/tools in case they're missing.

Good Job. Thanks.

post-1110743-0-97008100-1497715920_thumb.png

I just tested it and worked like a charm!

Thanks

Just added the NTFS.efi support. I've also rewritten the function that handles all that proprietary drivers (it's now CheckProprietary).

The test version is at the usual place.

With this new version 4.5.0, and existing Clover Revision r4092:

post-1110743-0-18580400-1497798616_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Every time I open the Build_Clover 4.5.0.command and when I select option two the clover gets updated but the EDK2 stays the same (24552) and it won't get updated. Is that normal?

EDK2 Remote revision: 24858 Local revision: 24552

Hey guys,

Every time I open the Build_Clover 4.5.0.command and when I select option two the clover gets updated but the EDK2 stays the same (24552) and it won't get updated. Is that normal?

EDK2 Remote revision: 24858 Local revision: 24552

Yes is normal, and need to be as is.

Better say it is as is by default.

When the proper changes at source code will be made for sync EDK2 changes then also the base revision will be update (with a new version of Buil_Clover script)

Cordially

ErmaC

• Like 4

Yes is normal, and need to be as is.

Better say it is as is by default.

When the proper changes at source code will be made for sync EDK2 changes then also the base revision will be update (with a new version of Buil_Clover script)

Cordially

ErmaC

Thanks a lot for your reply :)

I'm out of quota of positive votes for the day and I definitely liked your answer :)

Hello, gotta this on my last test using "custom macros" (boot7) with -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D ONLY_SATA_0 -D DISABLE_UDMA_SUPPORT":

Generating BootSectors
make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
Done!
================================================================================
MAKE PKG
                             <--------------------------------------------------
Badruzeus-MBP:~ badruzeus$ 

It's just ended on "Make PKG". My tools are:

XCode: 8.2 Build 8C38
NASM: 2.13.01
Build_Clover script v4.5.1
EDK2: r24878

Using EDK2 r24848 from the script also gives same result. But, "standard build" (boot6) has no problem. Thanks.

#Edit: I also tried again after removing ~/src folder but no change.

Build_Clover.command_07-06-17.txt

Hello, gotta this on my last test using "custom macros" (boot7) with -D USE_APPLE_HFSPLUS_DRIVER -D ONLY_SATA_0 -D DISABLE_UDMA_SUPPORT":

Generating BootSectors
Done!
================================================================================
MAKE PKG

Using EDK2 r24848 from the script also gives same result. But, "standard build" (boot6) has no problem. Thanks.

May consider adding a call to makepkg (e.g. create a new script and firstly call Build_Clover.command and then call makepkg, and run this customised script) for now if you want to make pkg, this is definitely not the final solution though...

• Like 1

May consider adding a call to makepkg (e.g. create a new script and firstly call Build_Clover.command and then call makepkg, and run this customised script) for now if you want to make pkg, this is definitely not the final solution though...

Duno how to do that, but for report only.. it also happened while running the script from Ubuntu 16.04.2 with GCC53. So I better stick with standard boot6 for now hmmb

Build_Clover.command_07-06-17-Standard.txt

• Like 1

Duno how to do that, but for report only.. it also happened while running the script from Ubuntu 16.04.2 with GCC53. So I better stick with standard boot6 for now hmmb

Nah so are you attempting to build the pkg under Ubuntu? In this case, no errors. Currently building pkg under Ubuntu is a no go. It requires macOS.
  • Like 1

Nah so are you attempting to build the pkg under Ubuntu? In this case, no errors. Currently building pkg under Ubuntu is a no go. It requires macOS.

My bad, I was confusing my self.. LoL.. yeah, there's no *.pkg build under Ubuntu.  :) so, my report above is under macOS. Thanks anyway

• Like 1

Generating BootSectors
Done!
MAKE PKG

Run the script like this:

bash - x buildclover

then post the result

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

EDIT: I was able to reproduce the problem, happens to me as well and only if the custom macros are used. I don't really get it, the script just stops after executing CheckProprietary function at line 1533 and the next command (eval $MAKEPKG_CMD) isn't being executed at all... WTF!!! Why that return at the end of the function ends the script instead of ending that function?

EDIT2: Ok, I think I got it, new version 4.5.2 is uploaded, update the script and try that scenario again.

• Like 1

Run the script like this:

bash - x buildclover

then post the result

EDIT2: Ok, I think I got it, new version 4.5.2 is uploaded, update the script and try that scenario again.

Thanks for updated v4.5.2 @Philip, now "custom macros" works again on both OS X 10.11.6 (Xcode 8.2 Build 8C38) and Ubuntu 16.04 (GCC53)

Build_Clover_10.11.6_v4.5.2_boot7_07-06-17.txt

Build_Clover_Ubuntu_v4.5.2_boot7_07-06-17.txt

bash -x buildclover.txt

• 2 weeks later...