‼️ Internal hard disk not showing up in installation

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody.

I'm trying to install El Capitan on an Acer Aspire E5-573, but I'm stuck in installer, which is not showing up the internal hard disk.

I already installed the system with the hard drive connected into a USB case, but when I try to boot it without the USB Case, the boot get stucked at the "prohibited" logo (I think this is getting 'still waiting for root device').

I suspect that the main problem is the Intel9 Series SATA Controller, which is not being recognized by the El Capitan.

I already tried 3 types of kexts for activate the SATA controller, but no lucky at all.

The system specs:

Acer Aspire E5-573

Processor Intel Core i5 5200U

Integrated Graphics Intel HD 5500 (will fight with that {censored} later)

Intel 9 Series Chipset

12GB RAM

Wireless Atheros AR9565 (will be replaced)

Ethernet Realtek RTL8168/8111

Audio Realtek ALC255

So I'm bumping my head into the wall through the last 5 days with no luck to get this machine up and working.

Any help will be welcome!

Thx.

Hi Herve, there's no option for that in my BIOS ({censored} locked Acer BIOS). AIDA64 reports the controller is working in AHCI mode, so I assume the setting is right in BIOS, or I'm wrong?

Modern Laptops comes from stock with AHCI setted, until I know.

• 2 months later...

Hi Herve, there's no option for that in my BIOS ({censored} locked Acer BIOS). AIDA64 reports the controller is working in AHCI mode, so I assume the setting is right in BIOS, or I'm wrong?

Modern Laptops comes from stock with AHCI setted, until I know.

Did you solve this problem? Because i have the same issue