Slow SSD Boot Time - Fresh El Capitan

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I did a fresh install of El Capitan on my SSD but the boot times are just too long. It takes 1 minute for my hackintosh to fully boot up. I am currently using the iMac13,2 SMBIOS and am using my own SSDT.aml file as the nullcpupowermanagement.kext did not work well for me.

Only issue is that the boot time is really long. I started up in verbose mode and managed to get these shots. Could someone explain as to why this is happening and assist with the problem?

As I boot it up, it would speed through then freeze here for 15 seconds or so.

zxIQour.jpg

Then it would proceed and freeze here for another 15 seconds.

VaCh3dl.jpg

After that, it goes straight through to the desktop showing these for a millisecond, right before.

yv3tadh.jpg

Do you happen to have a patched applehda with hdef either in dsdt or used hdaenabler?

Im currently using AppleALC kext in CLOVER/KEXTS/10.11 but no DSDT or HDAEnabler.

You could maybe start by listing your system's specs (CPU, graphics card, chipset, LAN, audio, SD card, etc.) and post the pack you used to build your Hackintosh (Extra folder for Chameleon/Enoch, EFI folder for Clover).

Specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K

Intel Z77 Chipset

Broadcom 57781

ALC 898

GTX 970

As for the EFI folder for Clover, I did not use any pack from online. I just used the iMac 13,2 SMBIOS in Clover Configurator.

Surely you must be using some add-on kexts. Can you please post what you use or is it too much to ask?

The only kexts injected via Clover are AppleALC.kext and IONetworkFamily.kext which is for my ethernet (BCM57781). I also used FakeSMC along with the plugins and HWMonitor as well as NullCPUPowerManagement.kext which I had installed with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

Surely you must be using some add-on kexts. Can you please post what you use or is it too much to ask?

I managed to narrow down the issue. Straight after doing a clean install and installing the NVIDIA Web Drivers, it hangs at "NVDAGM100HAL loaded and registered" for 15 seconds before proceeding to IOBluetoothFamily for another 10 seconds then going to the desktop.

The issue seems to arise after installing NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Well, there you have it. But you're also running NullCPUPM, which you should not. Your computer will run and boot much slower because of that and never run native SpeedStep nor turbo boost.

You have to:

1) apply the AsusAICPUPM patch

2) generate your CPU-specific SSDT with PikerAlpha's SSDT generator tool

3) remove NullCPUPM kext

Once you have native CPU power management with Turbo boost running, you'll find your system will run and boot much faster.

Applied the AsusAICPUPM Patch and made a CPU specified SSDT with PikerAlpha's tool and removed NullCPUPM kext but still a long boot time. This happens as soon as I install NVIDIA Web Drivers..

It would hang here for 15 seconds.

wvI060Y.jpg

Then hang here for another 15 seconds before going to the desktop.

DQb1Pv5.jpg

please quote your install method and which boot loader are u using to boot??? with your set up try enoch boot loader since its a fresh install you won't loose any data etc.