Leopard build 9A283 has leaked!

MacAddict

158 posts in this topic

Anyone else having problems with Leopard not detecting their airport hardware? I've got a C2D MBP and its not picking it up. :angel:

LOVING THE PICTURE!!!!!

so i dont know if i should of made a new thread for this or not but....

server version is up in the same spot tonys brother was in same user and pass for everything....

please register and post thanks!!!

Won't let me get into the Elite section, says I don't have permission to access the page.

Terminal is fine -

The partitioning thing was user error - not the OS - sorry, but true.

Hmmmmm

But , yeah - safari is a lil weird - doesnt show numbers in text unless select them, etc - rendering errors

did you not listen. i have reformatted a million times and i was not partitioning, my disk was already partitioned into 3 volumes, and i was reformatting the last one (which was an xp install). If you would like to explain to me how i could reformat two partitions at a time and not the third (which is still my working tiger volume)) then you let me know how with disk utility, otherwise why dont you just believe me instead of calling it user error with nothing to back that up. simply formatting a partition from ntfs to hfs.

do not say it was user error, i was giving a true warning to others on this site, i sorta hope leopard somehow bites you.

you try and warn people, then they turn around and say its your fault.

did you not listen. i have reformatted a million times and i was not partitioning, my disk was already partitioned into 3 volumes, and i was reformatting the last one (which was an xp install). If you would like to explain to me how i could reformat two partitions at a time and not the third (which is still my working tiger volume)) then you let me know how with disk utility, otherwise why dont you just believe me instead of calling it user error with nothing to back that up. simply formatting a partition from ntfs to hfs.

do not say it was user error, i was giving a true warning to others on this site, i sorta hope leopard somehow bites you.

you try and warn people, then they turn around and say its your fault.

LOL - not gonna bite me !!!

I also have three partitions

#1 - Leopard

#2 - Vista

#3 - XP

I believe your OSX parition must be in the #1 slot ... and yes, you can dynamically partition multiples through COMMAND LINE - not Disk Utility ....

If this were a Leopard problem and not user problem - then try installing Tiger to the third partition ...

Anyways - dig around here and you will learn how to partition via command line.

http://bootcampresources.com/forums/index....30entry30

Sorry - but your warning was not valid .... your problem has nothing to do with the OS - it is your methodology and configuration ....

LOL - not gonna bite me !!!

I also have three partitions

#1 - Leopard

#2 - Vista

#3 - XP

I believe your OSX parition must be in the #1 slot ... and yes, you can dynamically partition multiples through COMMAND LINE - not Disk Utility ....

If this were a Leopard problem and not user problem - then try installing Tiger to the third partition ...

Anyways - dig around here and you will learn how to partition via command line.

http://bootcampresources.com/forums/index....30entry30

Sorry - but your warning was not valid .... your problem has nothing to do with the OS - it is your methodology and configuration ....

k

partition 1, tiger

partition 2 storage

partition 3 xp

if i format xp and it also formats storage for some reason, how am i to blame, i certainly did not tell it to.

and i asked you if disk utiliy could format two partitions at once, via disk utility gui it cannot. obviously the commandline can.

do not mistake me for a anoob, the warnng is valid.

this is stupid anyway, dont believe me if you don't want to, but i hope no one else suffers my fate, which is why i posted.

thats all

p.s. for the last time, i was not partitioning anything, only reformatting an existing partition (#3). that is not the same thing. i know how to partition via terminal, that is irrelevant to the situation however, because i was not partitioning.