Leopard build 9A283 has leaked!

MacAddict

158 posts in this topic

Pages is definitely quirky on PPC, but Intel is now resolved.

Overall performance under PPC is much slower and less responsive than the WWDC Preview.

For example, try using the Core Animation help and you will see your system come to a crashing halt (think WindowServer begining to use all of your CPU for ~10 minutes after you clicked away from help).

Then, if you try to use .Mac Sync or Mail with iCal open you can expect iCal to stop responding but using 5-7% CPU and ever increasing memory.

Either way, it seems like an improvement in its feature set compared to the WWDC release, however performance across the board has taken a turn for the worse.

By the way, try leaving your computer on a Time Machine window for a few hours, soon you will get to the point that all you see is orange. (makes sense given the whole scene is flying towards you, but still, it starts looking pretty cheasy).

I ended up inadvertently walking away while playing with Time Machine and come back after a 6 hour shopping extravaganza to think that my monitor was dead.

Needless to say, having seen a Powerbooks screen look almost identical to the whole Time Machine thing before, I did not want to have to deal with another 4 weeks without my computer so it could get fixed.

So, features great, performance, abismal.

Pages is definitely quirky on PPC, but Intel is now resolved.

Overall performance under PPC is much slower and less responsive than the WWDC Preview.

For example, try using the Core Animation help and you will see your system come to a crashing halt (think WindowServer begining to use all of your CPU for ~10 minutes after you clicked away from help).

Then, if you try to use .Mac Sync or Mail with iCal open you can expect iCal to stop responding but using 5-7% CPU and ever increasing memory.

Either way, it seems like an improvement in its feature set compared to the WWDC release, however performance across the board has taken a turn for the worse.

By the way, try leaving your computer on a Time Machine window for a few hours, soon you will get to the point that all you see is orange. (makes sense given the whole scene is flying towards you, but still, it starts looking pretty cheasy).

I ended up inadvertently walking away while playing with Time Machine and come back after a 6 hour shopping extravaganza to think that my monitor was dead.

Needless to say, having seen a Powerbooks screen look almost identical to the whole Time Machine thing before, I did not want to have to deal with another 4 weeks without my computer so it could get fixed.

So, features great, performance, abismal.

i agree.

windowserver is no longer used, i think that now is all inside loginwindow.

if you can understand italian i did an analisis of the of here, maybe i'll traslate it:

http://www.italiamac.it/forum/showthread.php?t=110623

im sick of everyone asking for invites...!!!

Im trying to learn about the new build not read through countless posts on "hey can i trade this for this" and it basically just means : "Hey can i have an oink account so i can download the new beta version of leopard and leech it off everyone and not seed at all..." I dont know why im ranting but im just sick of seeing requests..

I dont have an oink account, yes i want the new build but bugging people doesnt get you where you want and so just wait like the rest of us keeping our mouths shut about invites and wait till its on another f***ing tracker!!! :police:... thanks guys

xfsasx,

You do have a valid complaint ({censored}). It would be nice to get more info on the release. I am very interested in know more about the development environment.... especially in detail about the Ruby/Cocoa mergence that I have heard a little bit about.

But then again this thread is about the leak itself... so maybe a new topic concerning Leopard Features sets would be a better choice and keep this thread going about where (non-oink-able) people can get the build. And yes.. I will seed for a long time (like I did with the previous)... i just want to development against the new cocoa!!!! and new application APIs!!!!!!

wtf, dont post requests in this thread, they go in the invite request thread... and has anyone tried this build yet? is it at all better performance wise?

i tried this one, it is not a true performance enhancements but it solves some of the bugs of the old release and, most importat, get rid of netinfo.

i'm still seeding since i finished to download…

Its sad to hear that performance has taken a turn for the worse, I guess its a good thing that this isn't be shared more publicly or I might have put it on my powerbook and been very upset with it.

Well, there have been no comprehensive messeges indicating this .... just a few people that gripe for a few lines and that's it ... no reference to their systems, etc.

BUT - I dont have access to this release - why are people not sharing .... otherwise, i would give it a methodical run through . Actually TEST the OS ....

im sick of everyone asking for invites...!!!

Im trying to learn about the new build not read through countless posts on "hey can i trade this for this" and it basically just means : "Hey can i have an oink account so i can download the new beta version of leopard and leech it off everyone and not seed at all..." I dont know why im ranting but im just sick of seeing requests..

I dont have an oink account, yes i want the new build but bugging people doesnt get you where you want and so just wait like the rest of us keeping our mouths shut about invites and wait till its on another f***ing tracker!!! ;)... thanks guys

I agree totally. What's new for this latest build? Speed and performances vs OSX 10.4.8?

Well, there have been no comprehensive messeges indicating this .... just a few people that gripe for a few lines and that's it ... no reference to their systems, etc.

BUT - I dont have access to this release - why are people not sharing .... otherwise, i would give it a methodical run through . Actually TEST the OS ....

i dont know about you but i dont have the balls to upload it to a private tracker and be the first seed, let alone a public one where everyone with an internet connection could ping me.... :-p from the comments im reading on it it seems to be less buggy (but still buggy) it is an improvement and there is parental controls now (woopty doo, im so excited.... lol, like anyone will use them and even if they do its not like kids cant hack that {censored})

- new Parental Controls preference pane for content filtering, apps, and curfews

- Significant user interface changes to iCal

- 3D audio cues to indicate locations of items on the screen in the VoiceOver screen reader

- Basic editing in Preview

all the changes (you can also see this in the person who posted the screenie's shot :D

i dont know about you but i dont have the balls to upload it to a private tracker and be the first seed, let alone a public one where everyone with an internet connection could ping me.... :-p from the comments im reading on it it seems to be less buggy (but still buggy) it is an improvement and there is parental controls now (woopty doo, im so excited.... lol, like anyone will use them and even if they do its not like kids cant hack that {censored})

- new Parental Controls preference pane for content filtering, apps, and curfews

- Significant user interface changes to iCal

- 3D audio cues to indicate locations of items on the screen in the VoiceOver screen reader

- Basic editing in Preview

all the changes (you can also see this in the person who posted the screenie's shot :P

No i agree. However, Usenet is a very safe means if you do it right. Sorry, just frustrated .... i'd like to test it for a myriad of reason, not just the 'cool' factor of having it. Oh well ....