Problem QE/CI Gigabyte GT 610 1GB GDDR3 macOS Sierra

asdesoso

38 posts in this topic

I bought a GT 710 - Great news it seems to work OOTB from the installer! - Annoyingly in my Sierra install when the desktop should come up the display just goes to sleep again! It seems that as the card was not recognized during the install process, of Sierra, then its not being recognized now in the running OS. Any clues on that one?

Do you have Inject NVdia option checked in Clover? If so, try unchecking it. 

Do you have Inject NVdia option checked in Clover? If so, try unchecking it. 

I have tried both ways and still no joy - So i went for a clean fresh install onto a clean formatted disk. Installer boots and runs fine with video WITHOUT nv_disable or inject nvidia and completed normally. On booting into the OS from the USB the screen goes to sleep! So i boot WITH nv_disable, install clover which is the same version as used on the USB installer and copy exactly the same config.plist from the USB so in theory the config is exactly the same as the working installer config. I reboot again and this time boots from the HDD as clover is present and just as the desktop arrives the display goes to sleep! So with a fresh install with the GT 710 i can only boot to the desktop with nv_disable even though i do not have to during the OS install.

I am stumped! - What clover version are you using and did you do anything special to your clover config or kexts or anything for the 710 ? Was it a fresh install?

I have tried both ways and still no joy - So i went for a clean fresh install onto a clean formatted disk. Installer boots and runs fine with video WITHOUT nv_disable or inject nvidia and completed normally. On booting into the OS from the USB the screen goes to sleep! So i boot WITH nv_disable, install clover which is the same version as used on the USB installer and copy exactly the same config.plist from the USB so in theory the config is exactly the same as the working installer config. I reboot again and this time boots from the HDD as clover is present and just as the desktop arrives the display goes to sleep! So with a fresh install with the GT 710 i can only boot to the desktop with nv_disable even though i do not have to during the OS install.

I am stumped! - What clover version are you using and did you do anything special to your clover config or kexts or anything for the 710 ? Was it a fresh install?

Sorted it - I changed the system definition from iMac 11,2 to 14,2 and the 710 magically started working! So far, So good.

Similar issue with Enoch on old i5 bios board.

using Nvidia apple kexts it boots up then screen goes black with no signal.

using Nvidia web drivers boot hangs...

I got it working with Kext from 10.11 but video isn't fully accelerated...

Using Imac 11,3  SD will try a later model see if it works...

any thoughts??

Going into and adding my board ID and setting "nothing" seems to have worked well, using Nvidia drivers from ELCAP.

...will try Sierra native drivers. See if the 610 still works fine using HDMI.

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Info.plist

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...