Hackintosh Install on Asus Z97 Pro with NVIDIA GT 720 - hiccups

hannele2

47 posts in this topic

Here is your EFI for z97. I have made you a config.plist and changed something in Driver64UEFI added kexts etc. You can check it.

replace the EFI in your USB with this one. 

So exciting! Thank you!!! I'll try it now. brb. :thumbsup_anim:

I tried it now! Everything went well until the install completed. I was away from the computer so I didn't know what happened. But I notice that the screens are black - the only visible thing is the mouse. I can move it between the two monitors - that's all. Obviously something with the graphics drivers, no?

The monitors are plugged into the NVIDIA graphics card. I'm going to try plugging it into the built-in Intel graphics while I'm hoping for Dwarfy to get online....

I don't know whether to turn off the computer, or if there is something I can do???

remove the boot arg nv_disable=1 and add nvda_drv=1. Try that. 

i don't know if you need web drivers for your card or not. In fact, I don't even know if GT 720 is supported with either OS X drivers or just web drivers. 

If that doesn't work, try without nvda_drv=1 and without nv_disable=1. :) Good luck, I know you can do it! :) 

• Like 1

Thanks! So that's on the installation USB, right?

So I need to re-install?

I just made the change...

NoNo. No need to reinstall. 

Just go to clover > options > boot args: 

You've come so far with this, just never give up. And you got a z97 system, it is one of the easiest to install on. I'm just unsure about the 720 GFX. 

• Like 1

I don't understand how to access the files...?

Is Clover still only on the USB stick? Do I simply boot from the USB stick?

I'm going to try it now - since I changed the arguments in the .plist file on the USB stick.

I'm having some strange problems with booting hanging on the boot screen and not being able to go into bios.... That's why it's taking so long.

Also - I first didn't understand how to Save in Clover. Now I understand that I should press F2 but it's still not saving.,,, I'm not too sure howthe arguments work. What is the -v ? Should I leve that?  Right now it says:

Boot Args:-v nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1  _

Or maybe it won't save unless you have the syntax right...?

It is just to press enter and then it will automatically save. if you go back it will seem to look like it is on the config.plist. 

I'm having some strange problems with booting hanging on the boot screen and not being able to go into bios.... That's why it's taking so long.

Also - I first didn't understand how to Save in Clover. Now I understand that I should press F2 but it's still not saving.,,, I'm not too sure howthe arguments work. What is the -v ? Should I leve that?  Right now it says:

Boot Args:-v nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1  _

Boot Args: -v kext-dev-mode=1

• Like 1

Ok, that worked for saving. Not sure what happened earlier.

But that argument didn't work unfortunately. I can see something towards the end of the verbose booting saying "Kepler chipset fatal error". It's to do with graphics definitely. When it reaches the end it simply reboots.

So I have to try some different arguments. I'm going to look at what you said earlier.

Ok - so I have come to the conclusion that neither of these arguments work:

nv_disable=1 

add nvda_drv=1

Not sure what to do now.... I understand better how this works now. Maybe Google has something....

Ok! I got in - :thumbsup_anim: when I set the boot parameters to "nv_disable=1".

What does this setting mean? I'm still using the Graphics card.

This is not the optimal graphics environment. There are some problems to fix. I need to get the drivers mentioned here:

http://www.insanelym...e-gt-720/page-2

I'm now working on getting online so I can download the drivers for the Graphics card.

But it's hard to get online - I started another thread about that in the Yosemite thread. 

I will update this thread with all the right config once everything is working....! :)

I have learned a lot so far :)

• Like 2