new to the x86 scene, Installing OS X on NuC Skull Canyon

justnow

11 posts in this topic

Hi and welcome.

The Intel wireless will not work, period. If possible, replace the card or buy an USB dongle.

You should start with a generic installation, if any error occurs you have found the right community to support you. The guides section can be found here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/forum/45-tutorials-the-genius-bar/

Perhaps there is already an installation guide for your system, you can search for it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search

• Like 1

A list of supported WLAN adapters can be found here: http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2120-inventory-of-supported-and-unsupported-wireless-cards/

And if you have the scratch you might as well want to order an adapter at osxwifi.com - the good news being they sell genuine Apple wireless cards which should work OOB on your NUC.

• Like 2

thank you! I see lots of stuff, but nothing specific for the Nuc skull canyon. Should I start with clover ? ##### ? ozmosis ? I am so confused 

You don't even need to go for Tony's tools just to get your NUC to work. Like at all. Just download OS X from a virtual machine or a friend's Mac, use the Clover installer to make an install USB for you, and try to install it on your device. Preferably you should boot it on -v so you can see what's wrong when the system gets stuck.

• Like 1

Rehabman can't write tutorials.

Each procedure he posts is a never ending stream of text that point to links which point to other links in the most confusing matter.

A guide should be a guide, not: do this, but may be do that, but you may try this and may be that and may be it works but may be not etc.

I saw recently the guide he is trying to write and since he doesn't own a skull he posts hundreds of messages 

of what people are supposed to try and report back to him. So after pages and pages of pointless 'try this and try that' there are no results.

He should either buy one or Skype with someone that has one, find a solution and post a real guide.

Actually writing a tutorial for the skull should be really straighfoward since there is no a problem of having different motherboards, audio cards, etc.

It is one model only so it either works or it doesn't.

I followed this guide https://eladnava.com/install-os-x-10-11-el-capitan-on-hackintosh-vanilla/

and I get the following screen

post-1736379-0-42936300-1467424423_thumb.jpg

Rehabman can't write tutorials.

Each procedure he posts is a never ending stream of text that point to links which point to other links in the most confusing matter.

A guide should be a guide, not: do this, but may be do that, but you may try this and may be that and may be it works but may be not etc.

I saw recently the guide he is trying to write and since he doesn't own a skull he posts hundreds of messages 

of what people are supposed to try and report back to him. So after pages and pages of pointless 'try this and try that' there are no results.

He should either buy one or Skype with someone that has one, find a solution and post a real guide.

If you need hand-holding and step-by-step instructions for everything, OSx86 is simply not for you.

Sharing approaches and sharing the results was the main point of these communities a few years ago.

• Like 4

Furthermore, the guide you linked is not reliable.

At one point, after the istallation is complete, it says:

Now you'll be able to boot directly from the El Capitan hard drive, as it should be!

Audio and Networking If you're lucky, audio and networking will work right out of the box

I think it's false. There is NO hack (I have ever read or heard) with audio and networking working OOB. You have to put right kext(s) in right place(s).

Whic is better, a guide that says: "Try this" and maybe it works, or a guide that says: "Make this and it will works for sure"... and it doesn't works? :)

• Like 1