Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

thank you just tell me what you need.. but i woud like to do a fresh install on the nvme ssd with my configuration it woud be nice to only have fix the issue and reinstall os without doing patching again

Fixing the internal vs. external is as simple as adding an ACPI identity for the PCI SSD device. It can be done with a simple SSDT. I'm pretty sure it is mentioned earlier in this thread.

here is the kext

Yep, is vanilla, only actual icon fix is a bit different on El Capitan 10.11.6 than Sierra

Copy that attached to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

As I said try using an USB stick with a clone of your Clover but w/o config patches. Let my know

IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext.zip

Edited by Micky1979
post edited: copy to ../10.11 (not 10.12)

Yep, is vanilla, only actual icon fix is a bit different on El Capitan 10.11.6 than Sierra

Copy that attached to EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/

As I said try using an USB stick with a clone of your Clover but w/o config patches. Let my know

OMG my friend it works now is internal but something weir is going on its says its 8,19 TB :(  :(  :( but this is a progress so thank very much you are the man!!!! :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

post-336736-0-06506800-1472718958_thumb.png

• Like 1

Ok, thanks to you. As mentioned by Rehabman an ssdt is better, but I have a command line...so it should work always. Tonight I'll update my repo, but in the mean time you should report the issue to Pike R. Alpha, author of the patches.. maybe can fix it.

Thanks again to you!

Ok, thanks to you. As mentioned by Rehabman an ssdt is better, but I have a command line...so it should work always. Tonight I'll update my repo, but in the mean time you should report the issue to Pike R. Alpha, author of the patches.. maybe can fix it.

Thanks again to you!

thanks buddy i think i wil wait for your command line and see what happen 

NVMeP updated with the external icon fix for el capitan too..

@fariel23 can you try to generate and load the kext w/o icon fix also? I have my doubt that this cause your disk to be "8,19 TB", but please try.

yo meen generate a kext and than put it in clover? right ? witch one do i need to use? can you explain it like you did please?

post-336736-0-86837100-1472751517_thumb.png

It's a project, and you should use Xcode to compile NVMeP command line... but I see that you don't have it. 

Attached archive with both kexts with or without external icon patch. And yes, inside EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

I want to send this to Pike, so please test both.

EDIT

that actually is the variant of Pike's Sierra external icon fix for El Capitan I made. (for the KextsToPatch if anyone is intrested)

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha El Capitan external icon patch</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				SIXAdAeAiwABAAAQ
				</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<string>10.11.5, 10.11.6</string>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IONVMeFamily</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				kJCQkJCAiwABAAAQ
				</data>
			</dict>

NVMeP.zip

• Like 1

i wil try it and let you again thank you for your effort !!!! god bless you

:hysterical:  you are happy ..good good

It's a project, and you should use Xcode to compile NVMeP command line... but I see that you don't have it. 

Attached archive with both kexts with or without external icon patch. And yes, inside EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11

EDIT

that actually is the variant of Pike's Sierra external icon fix for El Capitan I made. (for the KextsToPatch if anyone is intrested)

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				SIXAdAeAiwABAAAQ
				</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				kJCQkJCAiwABAAAQ
				</data>
			</dict>

B)where I went wrong when I config? To fariel23  :rofl:

• Like 1

:rolleyes: Micheè what is this , only curiosity

NOTE: for EC kexts may need to adjust the InfoPlistPatch to match your device id.

Don't know, have not looked into it. BTW is not the same patch posted by Pike since he did it only for Sierra. In El Capitan one byte change.

:lol:  omg , infact the patch is for sierra ...my error  :yes:

:rolleyes: Micheè what is this , only curiosity

NOTE: for EC kexts may need to adjust the InfoPlistPatch to match your device id.

Carmine, NVMeP add more than one device ids for El Capitan (ones tested):

post-674334-0-63488900-1472757521_thumb.png

But you cannot do that using Clover KextsToPatch, why? The kernelcache will be greater in bytes, so cannot be done. So you have to add your info.plist patch if differ from the default one, but only for one device id.

Instead you can add all ids you want under "IONameMatch" (is an array) if you are using IONVMEFamilyBorg.kext and use two (or more) different nvme-ssd (Samsung+Intel??). That only in El Capitan, Sierra does not have this limitation.

Carmine, NVMeP add more than one device ids for El Capitan (ones tested):

attachicon.gifpciids.png

But you cannot do that using Clover KextsToPatch, why? The kernelcache will be greater in bytes, so cannot be done. So you have to add your info.plist patch if differ from the default one, but only for one device id.

Instead you can add all ids you want under "IONameMatch" (is an array) if you are using IONVMEFamilyBorg.kext and use two (or more) different nvme-ssd (Samsung+Intel??). That only in El Capitan, Sierra does not have this limitation.

:hysterical: I love this Man  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

EDIT

<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				SIXAdAeAiwABAAAQ
				</data>
				<key>MatchOS</key>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				kJCQkJCAiwABAAAQ
				</data>
			</dict>

i just try the kext it generated  but this is what i got take a look im going to try the kexttopatch instead  and let you know! 

post-336736-0-84245700-1472761336_thumb.png

post-336736-0-77071100-1472761344_thumb.png

Is gone, filesystem corrupted. The only difference between the two was the external icon patch you already tried. Where did you copy those kexts?

the kext IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext i put it in clover and remove the kexttopatch.. do i need to try the clover config / patches instead? 

The filesystem corruption never happen to me with Sierra's patches. Instead that happen with El Capitan once after a kernel panic during tests. Only I wonder if 10.12 driver is more stable.

Tomorrow I can made more test and let you know, but the KextstoPatch is not advisable, always better the kext.

The filesystem corruption never happen to me with Sierra's patches. Instead that happen with El Capitan once after a kernel panic during tests. Only I wonder if 10.12 driver is more stable.

Tomorrow I can made more test and let you know, but the KextstoPatch is not advisable, always better the kext.

ok mate i will wait 

i had a kernel panic on startup after placing: HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_dp1.kext in kexts folder in clover (am i missing something), better off trying pikeralphas method placing the config.plist file?

edit i tried Pikeralpha method for patching  IONVMeFamily.kext bin patch data and its work Sierra PB7 and external disk patch also works.

Thanks again!

Try one attached. Data is corrected.

Off course no need to install an OS on your nvme disk, but please try to transfer data on it as mucth as possible. Tell me if is all ok now.

:rolleyes: I did not understand that the problem has our friend, what happened? the kp is caused by kext?