Patch for using NVMe under macOS Sierra is ready.

1,382 posts in this topic

Yoda is a Master :D

Hi all, anyone with Intel 750 Series on 10.12.1 here? I installed new Intel 750 800GB and getting really slow read - about 800MB/s. Does anyone have such problem? Im using kext generated by Micky's NVMeP 2.4. Thanks.

thanks to you to test with it.

What build of 10.12.1? Can you provide me a ioreg please?

Should I patch and delete it from s/l/e and add it to clover or will the patch work in config only with vanilla nvme in s/l/e?

For me worked w/o deleting the original one, but if you have problems yes, made a backup of the vanilla and remove it. borg  :borg: kext should be installed in /s/l/e

@ Micky

build on what you've tried in your friend's house?  Do you remember?

16B2555

• Like 1

Hi Micky, its build 16B2657. I create kext via NVMeP 2.5 from your GitHub repo. On Intel 750 SSD i have only R/W 800/800MB sec  :(

Here is my ioreg.

as I said I don't have (and plan) to test with 16B2657, so thanks for this comfirmation!

What's the Mobo are you using? ..I want to see its technical details.. it seem you are stuck at 2x..

as I said I don't have (and plan) to test with 16B2657, so thanks for this comfirmation!

What's the Mobo are you using? ..I want to see its technical details.. it seem you are stuck at 2x..

Gigabyte GA-X99 ULTRA GAMING G1 / i7-6900k / Asus Strix GTX 980Ti

Intel 750 is in PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8. I try it in PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 also.

In Sys Info it shows 8GT/s, PCIe 4x on Intel 750.

Hi Micky, its build 16B2657. I create kext via NVMeP 2.5 from your GitHub repo. On Intel 750 SSD i have only R/W 800/800MB sec  :(

Here is my ioreg.

Hi, i have the same MB.

When i look to your ioreg, your setup must be total wrong. Your devices are @ BR3A and BR3C.

Which PCIe slots are used?

With 2 devices, Slots BR3A and BR2A should be used, and both can use max. x16.

BR3A = PCIEX16_1 slot, and BR2A is PCIX16_2 slot.

I don´t know it, but i think BR3C is slot PCIEX8_1, and this shares bandwidth with PCIEX16_1!

I would use PCIEX16_1 slot and PCIEX16_2 slot, or PCIEX16_1 & PCIEX8_2 if there is no space.

Look @ user manual!

EDIT: and you should patch your DSDT with NVIDIA patch and rename your devices! H000 -> GFX0 and H001 -> HDAU

• Like 1

@SammlerG, if are you using Clover can you post your EFI folder? or help @darthsian? ... if the driver show up and works...

Also guys a picture of your mobo will be intresting (just my curiosity :D )

Hi, i have the same MB.

When i look to your ioreg, your setup must be total wrong. Your devices are @ BR3A and BR3C.

Which PCIe slots are used?

With 2 devices, Slots BR3A and BR2A should be used, and both can use max. x16.

BR3A = PCIEX16_1 slot, and BR2A is PCIX16_2 slot.

I don´t know it, but i think BR3C is slot PCIEX8_1, and this shares bandwidth with PCIEX16_1!

I would use PCIEX16_1 slot and PCIEX16_2 slot, or PCIEX16_1 & PCIEX8_2 if there is no space.

Look @ user manual!

EDIT: and you should patch your DSDT with NVIDIA patch and rename your devices! H000 -> GFX0 and H001 -> HDAU

Hi, you are right. For two device PCIEX16_1 slot and PCIEX16_2 slot is the best option. I have it like that for first time, but because it has only 800MB/sec read, i try to test it on PCIEX8_1 too... and ioreg is saved just when i have it in that slot.

I need to correct more things in DSDT, ALZA -> HDEF and so on... im on start position with this build and dont have time for this yet.

Do you think, that something in DSDT can cause this low speed of Intel 750 SSD? It looks like it stuck on x2 speed.

Can i use your DSDT SammlerG even if you have different processor?

My posted dsdt was with 2 GPUs, 1 NVMe in m.2 and AHCI SSD in PCIE8_2

And only for testing, there was XHCI changed to XHC

You can use it for testing, change XHC back to XHCI, rename my DSDT.aml to DSDT1.aml, put it in clover acpi/patched and choose the DSDT1.aml at clover boot Screen

My posted dsdt was with 2 GPUs, 1 NVMe in m.2 and AHCI SSD in PCIE8_2

And only for testing, there was XHCI changed to XHC

You can use it for testing, change XHC back to XHCI, rename my DSDT.aml to DSDT1.aml, put it in clover acpi/patched and choose the DSDT1.aml at clover boot Screen

I can't boot with your dsdt, it hangs.

So i create my own DSDT with help of nmano's "X99DSDT_Fix" package. Thanks nmano  :)

When i creating DSDT I figured out, that when i use nmano's patch for audio and use AppleALC, it hangs just like with yours DSDT, SammlerG.

So for audio i only rename ALZA -> HDEF in DSDT and it works with AppleALC without problem.

Hello to all the forum and a thousand thanks for the great work !!!

I finally managed to run to my great SSD SM951 on WS HP Z800 .... Unfortunately if I insert another SM951 always mounted on PCIE adapter, just launch the boot with clover occurs almost immediate restart. I can do about it or there is a possible fix of NVME patch?

Hi all, i installed OCZ Toshiba RD400A Series 512GB today. Tested it in m.2 slot and in PCIe slot. Works as boot drive without problems.

Im using kext generated by Micky's NVMeP 2.5. I leave IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E.

Speed is quite good. Before i try Intel 750 Series and cant go more than 800MB/sec.

Tested on 10.12.1 (16B2657).

EDIT: My plan was to buy new Samsung 960 Pro or Samsung SM961, but its impossible find them in stock in Europe.

post-1552436-0-34372500-1478778125_thumb.png

• Like 1

Hi all, i installed OCZ Toshiba RD400A Series 512GB today. Tested it in m.2 slot and in PCIe slot. Works as boot drive without problems.

Im using kext generated by Micky's NVMeP 2.5. I leave IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E.

Speed is quite good. Before i try Intel 750 Series and cant go more than 800MB/sec.

attachicon.gifAJA_Toshiba_RD400.png

Better get heat sinks for that drive. Read it gets hot. May pick one up though. Good results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, i installed OCZ Toshiba RD400A Series 512GB today. Tested it in m.2 slot and in PCIe slot. Works as boot drive without problems.

Im using kext generated by Micky's NVMeP 2.5. I leave IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E.

attachicon.gifAJA_Toshiba_RD400.png

Can you test with prores 4444 and 4K 2160

Thank

Micky

You are too strong

I like it  :rolleyes:

@"16B2555 16B2657", @"MatchBuild",\

Yep, Clover 3920+ is required to run the the kextsToPatch inside the configSample.plist generated by NVMeP (now v2.6 on github)... committed only today:https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3920/

This way patches are only applied if the build is/are the ones specified. This to prevent only few patches to be applied and avoid the risk of filesystem corruption if you update macOS by mistake ..and  IONVMEFamily.kext is changed.

Yep, Clover 3920+ is required to run the the kextsToPatch inside the configSample.plist generated by NVMeP (now v2.6 on github)... committed only today:https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/code/3920/

This way patches are only applied if the build is/are the ones specified. This to prevent only few patches to be applied and avoid the risk of filesystem corruption if you update macOS by mistake ..and IONVMEFamily.kext is changed.

So borg it's obsolete?

I wait u

This way patches are only applied if the build is/are the ones specified. This to prevent only few patches to be applied and avoid the risk of filesystem corruption if you update macOS by mistake ..and  IONVMEFamily.kext is changed.

Good  :yes:

3:577  3:001  === [ StartLoader ] =======================================

3:577  0:000  Finally: Bus=100000kHz CPU=3300MHz

3:577  0:000  Loading boot.efi  status=Success

3:594  0:017  GetOSVersion: 10.12.1 (16B2555)

Hi Micky, i build new kext with yours NVMeP 2.6 and cant boot with it. Loop restart on booting. What is strange, i can boot when i boot with "nv_disable=1".

Kext builded with NVMeP 2.5 works without problems. Can you need something from me to debug this?

Tested on 10.12.1 (16B2657) with IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E.

Hi Micky, i build new kext with yours NVMeP 2.6 and cant boot with it. Loop restart on booting. What is strange, i can boot when i boot with "nv_disable=1".

With kext builded with NVMeP 2.5 all is working good. Can you need something from me to debug this?

Tested on 10.12.1 (16B2657) with IONVMeFamily.kext in S/L/E.

Hi,

To simplify your life

Put the kext in S / L / E and EFI / CLOVER / KEXTS / 10.12

Last login: Fri Nov 11 09:31:23 on ttys001

Mac-Pro-de-Fljagd:~ fljagd$ sudo /Users/fljagd/Desktop/Script-UNIX/NVMeP

Password:

NVMeP v2.6 by Micky1979,

program to patch IONVMeFamily.kext.

Patches Author: Pike R.Alpha.

Contributors: Mork vom Ork and RehabMan

Try using patch for Sierra 10.12.1 and later:

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 01 (10.12.1)"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 02"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 03"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 04"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 05"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 06-07"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 08"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 09-10"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 11"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 12"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 13"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 14"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 15"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 16"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 17"

Success patching binary!

..checking class code:

class code looks already as per standard, leaving as is: 0x01080200&0xffffff00

Success patching Info.plist!

Success creating /Users/fljagd/IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext

Success creating /Users/fljagd/configSample.plist!

NOTE: for EC kexts may need to adjust the InfoPlistPatch to match your device id.

and off course if you install the kext, no need for the KextsToPatch!

SUCCESS!

IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext successfully generated using Sierra 10.12.1 and later patches!

IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext.zip

Hi,

To simplify your life

Put the kext in S / L / E and EFI / CLOVER / KEXTS / 10.12

Last login: Fri Nov 11 09:31:23 on ttys001

Mac-Pro-de-Fljagd:~ fljagd$ sudo /Users/fljagd/Desktop/Script-UNIX/NVMeP

Password:

NVMeP v2.6 by Micky1979,

program to patch IONVMeFamily.kext.

Patches Author: Pike R.Alpha.

Contributors: Mork vom Ork and RehabMan

Try using patch for Sierra 10.12.1 and later:

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 01 (10.12.1)"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 02"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 03"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 04"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 05"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 06-07"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 08"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 09-10"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 11"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 12"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 13"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 14"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 15"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 16"

Success applying patch with Comment "IONVMeFamily Pike R. Alpha Patch 17"

Success patching binary!

..checking class code:

class code looks already as per standard, leaving as is: 0x01080200&0xffffff00

Success patching Info.plist!

Success creating /Users/fljagd/IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext

Success creating /Users/fljagd/configSample.plist!

NOTE: for EC kexts may need to adjust the InfoPlistPatch to match your device id.

and off course if you install the kext, no need for the KextsToPatch!

SUCCESS!

IONVMeFamilyBorg.kext successfully generated using Sierra 10.12.1 and later patches!

I build kext just like you, but as I write before, can't boot with that. It reboots on booting. You have some NVMe drive and it work for you?

You mean "Put the kext in S / L / E or EFI / CLOVER / KEXTS / 10.12"... not in both folders, right?

I build kext just like you, but as I write before, can't boot with that. It reboots on booting. You have some NVMe drive and it work for you?

I mounted an X99-A-II with a 6850K and a Samsumg 950Pro.(For a friend)

I installed the kext in S / L / E and in EFI / CLOVER / KEXTS / 10.12

But no patches in the congig.plist.

The Samsumg 950 Pro is recognized at startup and in Sierra.

No untimely restart.

Edit

It is not possible to boot on the samsung 950Pro

It boot (clover) on an SSD but the Os is on the Samsung950Pro

Edited by Fljagd

I mounted an X99-A-II with a 6850K and a Samsumg 950Pro.(For a friend)

I installed the kext in S / L / E and in EFI / CLOVER / KEXTS / 10.12

But no patches in the congig.plist.

The Samsumg 950 Pro is recognized at startup and in Sierra.

No untimely restart.

I think it suppose to be installed only in one place. As i see, you have ATI card... maybe my problem is related to NVidia drivers, because without them i can boot successfully. NVMeP 2.5 works without any problem, i have installed it in L/E.

I think it suppose to be installed only in one place. As i see, you have ATI card... maybe my problem is related to NVidia drivers, because without them i can boot successfully. NVMeP 2.5 works without any problem, i have installed it in L/E.

My friend use  a 980 Ti

post-1181448-0-44678500-1478856742_thumb.png